A Gathering Idea...

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

A Gathering Idea...

Post by Ampere »

Would anyone be interested in a Mid-Summer gathering. Maybe a weekend get-together (Fri-Night thru maybe Sun Morning) somewhere centrally located.

I'm not sure what the most central place would be, or anything like that. I'd just be interested in seeing if there is an interest there.

My first thought was either Chicago or maybe Michigan somewhere as being centrally located for most folks. (I think most of the folks are midwest and eastern US...several ARE in other places like WA, OR, and of course CA...but I'm looking at the easiest for most scenario here)

With the Bulldrek ressuraction and all it's worth discussing.

Timeframe-wise I was looking at maybe June. Gives some time to plan, not too close to GenCon to wipe out Vacation time or fundage.

I'm sure we could poll the populace and see what are the most popular ideas.

Anyhow...discuss.
Quoth Drunken Master:
"When Colin Powell walks out of your cabinet because of doctrinal issues, you've got problems."
Quoth Moto42:
"Bulldrek, where love and appreciation are accompanied by a volley of gunfire."
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Y'all should drag your lazy asses to Podunkville. It's worth it just for the permanent scars that would be left on my hometown.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I using most of my vacation time this summer going places with my daughter, but I've held a few days in reserve against the possibility of some friend-related long weekend; this would apply. I would be interested, so long as it's not just Chicago/Michigan people, most of whom I see enough as it is. ;)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Jeff Hauze wrote:Y'all should drag your lazy asses to Podunkville. It's worth it just for the permanent scars that would be left on my hometown.
Frankly, I favor the idea, if for no other reason than a Bulldrek expedition to that most bulldrekian of vacation spots, Centralia.
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Liniah »

Ok, if people are doing a gathering in PA, you have to wait until I can be there.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Nobody is doing a Gathering in PA. It's an amusing idea, but completely ill-suited for it. One, the only two local Bulldrekkers have neither the facilities or easy schedules to coordinate to make it worthwhile for a large number of people to come here. Additionally, it's Podunkville for a reason. There's somewhere next to jack and shit to do locally. Plus there's that whole cross-burning, dueling banjo crowd to deal with as well.

Edit: I mean sure, if one or two folks are daring enough to meander out here, I think Nex and I would put out the welcome mats. But an actual gathering? Not bloody likely to be much of a success.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

13-16 hour drive for me (depending on traffic).
Quoth Drunken Master:
"When Colin Powell walks out of your cabinet because of doctrinal issues, you've got problems."
Quoth Moto42:
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Will there be goat sex at this gathering?
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

I am cool with the mid-west, the hard part is not getting people interested, it is finding the place to do it.

There is usually....scaring involved to the local populace.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

Jeff Hauze wrote:Nobody is doing a Gathering in PA. It's an amusing idea, but completely ill-suited for it. One, the only two local Bulldrekkers have neither the facilities or easy schedules to coordinate to make it worthwhile for a large number of people to come here. Additionally, it's Podunkville for a reason. There's somewhere next to jack and shit to do locally. Plus there's that whole cross-burning, dueling banjo crowd to deal with as well.
Ok, the other gatherings were at Brine's house and that Lake in Wisconsin. If we've learned anything by now it's that Bulldrekers can make their own fun no matter where they are.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Johnny the Bull
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Johnny the Bull »

I am there given enough notice and the blessings of ball and chain x2.
--------------------------------------------
No money, no honey
lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

Yeah, the advance notice factor is the main thing. I have a couple vacation days left, and am always up for a long-distance excursion, so long as I can pull it off and still afford to live when I get back. But I'm definitely interested.
_No one was ever put in a history book for being a great conformist.
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

Ok, I'm not talking about this for this summer, but perhaps next year or something. Ricketts Glen might be cool. There are a whole bunch of waterfalls there. Many years ago my extended family went there for a vacation. We stayed in a great bed & breakfast. We rented out the entire building and just told the lady she didn't need to cook for us. (There were beds for 18, IIRC. Wrap around porch, gazebo, player piano, huge dining table, etc.) It wasn't really close to much of anything. There was a general store across the street run by the people who owned the B&B. There was a bear that came into the back yard some nights. Anyway, it's something to consider for the future. As I said before, we spent most of the time at Brine's place hanging out at the house. There wasn't much action at the lake in Wisconsin. Both were really fun. There's the park with waterfalls close by for recreation. (The waterfalls are really cool. And if we go in summer, they're fun to play in.) If we did the BBQ/cooking for ourselves thing at the house it would cuts costs for people. Ok, I'm going to stop before I get carried away. Just throwing it out there. :roll
Last edited by Liniah on Tue May 01, 2007 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Now you have to go and ruin it, Lin. Giving out ideas that make sense. See, if all the Bulldrekkers show up in PA, and think there's actually something decent here...how the hell am I'm going to be able to keep on complaining about PA? Damn it, stop spoiling all my fun!
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

:p
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Iantha and I could be down, given 60 days notice.
sinsual

Post by sinsual »

Serious Paul wrote:Iantha and I could be down, given 60 days notice.
You have to give Iantha 60 days notice to go down?? damn dude, I would go nuts...
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Nah, I just keep penciling myself in!
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

Wow, I never realized it before, but you and Sin are a perfect match for each other.
Caine Hazen
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Caine Hazen »

We had thought to have a housewarming party here at our place, now that its getting fixed up enough to have guests over. Though I'm thinking a crowd like you would get us bnned from this place ;)
I would be clever and witty here..but that uses brain cycles that are processing your demise....
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

Liniah wrote:Wow, I never realized it before, but you and Sin are a perfect match for each other.
Damn...that's fucked up.
Quoth Drunken Master:
Quoth Moto42:
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

Caine Hazen wrote:We had thought to have a housewarming party here at our place, now that its getting fixed up enough to have guests over. Though I'm thinking a crowd like you would get us bnned from this place ;)
To be honest, we actually (for the most part) are pretty considerate of others, and usually leave a good impression wherever we go.
-Big Jim
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

To be honest, we actually (for the most part) are pretty considerate of others, and usually leave a good impression wherever we go.
Well, you do.... :D
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

A wedding, a possible wedding, a family trip, Otakon, all between now and end of July, no go unless you're talking GA/TN area, have fun :)

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

On krak. Don't mind me.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Instant Cash wrote:To be honest, we actually (for the most part) are pretty considerate of others, and usually leave a good impression wherever we go.
Yeah...a chalk outline...
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Cash wrote:
Instant Cash wrote:To be honest, we actually (for the most part) are pretty considerate of others, and usually leave a good impression wherever we go.
HEY! Nothing has ever been proven in a court of law!
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

Daki wrote:
Cash wrote:
HEY! Nothing has ever been proven in a court of law!
Yeah, even OJ was found innocent!
Quoth Drunken Master:
Quoth Moto42:
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Technically, both of you are wrong.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

True. He was found Not Guilty. They never made mention of his innocence.

Perhaps the better term for the civil verdict was, he was found Liable for their deaths.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Ooh! I want to come. Hey- wait, I have a - Nah, I sported the February party. I am scared to death of Bulldrekkers and brand new carpeting in the house I just bought.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

MissTeja wrote:Ooh! I want to come. Hey- wait, I have a - Nah, I sported the February party. I am scared to death of Bulldrekkers and brand new carpeting in the house I just bought.
but but....I wanted to DJ your housewarming :D
-Big Jim
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

I picture Teja's housewarming as a long weekend: the first two days partying, the last day fixing everything that was broken, repainting, etc.

[And a few days beforehand for her to hide all the valuables.]
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

MissTeja wrote:Ooh! I want to come. Hey- wait, I have a - Nah, I sported the February party. I am scared to death of Bulldrekkers.
Fixed for you there, dear. :lol
Iantha
Bulldrekker

Post by Iantha »

You know, I just saw this
sinsual wrote:
Serious Paul wrote:Iantha and I could be down, given 60 days notice.
You have to give Iantha 60 days notice to go down?? damn dude, I would go nuts...
And then Paul's reply. You guys are dorks.

*Walks away muttering and shaking head...

"60 days... PENCILING himself in... Damn right he pencils himself in... It's all he can do with what he's got...

;)