[Done] An Alteration to the 'Gathering Discussion' Forum

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.

Should we Impliment these changes?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:23 am

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 12
Memory
Wuffle Trainer

[Done] An Alteration to the 'Gathering Discussion' Forum

Post by Memory »

The discussion thread for this topic can be found here.

I would like to propose that we widen the scope of the 'Gathering Discussion' forum to deal with all meetings, gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community. This would give us a consolidated place for social discussions similar to the role 'The Embassy' serves for technical discussions.

In honour of the new role I further propose that the forum gets renamed 'There Goes the Neighbourhood'.

In order to avoid confusion between Gatherings, where it is not self evident in the title, a tagging system has been suggested. The suggested tags are in the form
[Country/State, date]

For Example
[UK, June] 3-2 World domination Phase 1
[Wisconsin, August] Eek! What has I let myself in for?

As part of the work I would like to see the current 'social' threads from SST moved across into the new forum. Specifically I'm suggesting that the threads relating to the European Gatherings and Paul's upcoming BBQ get moved across.

Please use this thread to voice your support or lack thereof for this proposal. Comments can either be made below or in the discussion thread linked to above. Please note you only get one vote so if you feel you would accept if only a slight change is made, suggest the change and see if it gets put into the proposal /before/ you vote.

This Poll will run for 7 days, which will hopefully mean the decision should be implemented in next week's clean up/maintenance exercise.

Comments or Suggestions?
_<font color="#5C7898">"You know, Memory?
I'd have to say that you are one cool, fucked-up guy.
Just like the rest of us.
It's a pleasure reading your posts in the morning over a cup of coffee. “ – JetPlane</font>
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

I voted yes. *sobs* I'm sorry, Milkman Dan!
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Sorrow
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Sorrow »

Yes. It makes more sense than having "social" threads in two different forums
<hr size=1 color=#5c7898><font face=font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" color=#6600FF>The more I overcome, the stronger I become
- Angel of Ruin<a href=http:\/www.chaosengine.com>.</a></font>
Ka0s 0verdrive
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Ka0s 0verdrive »

*nods* I like it.
<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="100%" height="90" src="http://www.winternightex.com/Stuff/kaos ... "></iframe>
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

Democracy is gay when I don't get my way! :P
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

All the way.
Memory
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Memory »

After 7 days the poll is standing at 11 'Yes' to 1 'No'. Therefore I will ask Control to impliment the name change and the thread moving.

Thaks to all those who voted. And Sorry to Adam. :)

Memory
_<font color="#5C7898">"You know, Memory?
I'd have to say that you are one cool, fucked-up guy.
Just like the rest of us.
It's a pleasure reading your posts in the morning over a cup of coffee. “ – JetPlane</font>