GenCon 2007

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

GenCon 2007

Post by Ampere »

Anyone?
Bueller?
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

I'll likely be there again, although it's more up in the air than previous years.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

There's not much I can do to make it there this year. I have a dearth of cash and no new product to hawk.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I so wish. Sigh. Every year I try. Each year I fail. I suck.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Poor People - Don't forget, if you're willing to run SR games, I can get you badges and hotel subsidies. :evil:
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Caine Hazen
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Caine Hazen »

already laid out the plans to be there. Daki am I going to be a bitch for "who's run" again this year?
I would be clever and witty here..but that uses brain cycles that are processing your demise....
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

I'm there of course.

And you may very well be Caine. But we're going to have more planning for it this year.
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

Probably not. GenCon is during prime-time crunch for the video game industry.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Anguirel wrote:Probably not. GenCon is during prime-time crunch for the video game industry.
How's it going with that?
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Liniah »

Not this year, but 2008 will be a serious possibility for Veed and I.
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

I'll be with Bull and caine Hazen again. After last year I couldn't pass that up!
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Ampere wrote:I'll be with Bull and caine Hazen again. After last year I couldn't pass that up!
Drunken tournament game?
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

I will most likely not be there this year. My wingman likely can't make it this year, and I'm not quite sure I'd want to hack the finances for a room solo. I could, but it's not quite worth the investment for me. Additionally, I'm probably going to need the vacation time for the surgery that comes up sometime in the summer.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

Oh?

What surgery?
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

Daki wrote:
Ampere wrote:I'll be with Bull and caine Hazen again. After last year I couldn't pass that up!
Drunken tournament game?
I wasn't "drunk".
I was..."drinking".
Trying to GET drunk.

Actually...that was a blast.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Nothing major IC. I've got to get all of my wisdom teeth removed. Unfortunately, they are fairly heavily impacted, and have already been warned by the croaker that I'll likely need to take off a whole week from work. I'm trusting him on that (and really, I can' complain about having ten days free from work). It leaves me with 40 hours of vacation left after that, which means I could potentially go to GenCon. But honestly, I'm not quite the social butterfly. I prefer to have a nice quiet room to head back to. So I'm not into the cost sharing measure of crashing in a room with like ten people. On top of that, I'm a bitch of a roomate. I know that my wingman Mael can at least tolerate my horrid snoring without killing me. I wouldn't quite inflict that pain on others. Plus, it's unlikely that any of my usual crowd of compatriots will be making it this year. So it's just not looking like it is worth it this year.

Plus, I'm seriously considering a trip for myself sometime in the fall. There's a certain place that's really starting to call my name.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Caine Hazen
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Caine Hazen »

You ever going to get around to putting up pictures from last year Jeff :D ???
I would be clever and witty here..but that uses brain cycles that are processing your demise....
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

Caine Hazen wrote:You ever going to get around to putting up pictures from last year Jeff :D ???
Who me?
sinsual

Post by sinsual »

GenCon is obviously out for me this year. Next year has possibilities, the vacation trip fund is already started and the Sprite should be done and ready for a good roadtrip break in... :smokin
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Caine Hazen
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Caine Hazen »

Ampere wrote:
Caine Hazen wrote:You ever going to get around to putting up pictures from last year Jeff :D ???
Who me?
No, the other Jeff in the thread... although I don't remember whether I saw any pics you took either. But my brain is fried right now... I can't remember yesterday, I just remember doing, what they told me... told me... told me....
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Actually, I did finally get them off the camera and onto the hard drive. Just really haven't found a place I'm happy putting them up yet. Though I haven't done much looking. Find me on Google Talk or IRC (over on blackbox, Kai's hangout) and I'll send you whatever you want until I get them up.
Adam

Post by Adam »

fuck man, put them on flickr. flickr owns both your moms.
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

Fuck flickr. They both have gmail accounts, might as well use Picasa.
Adam

Post by Adam »

The freedom to make dumb decisions should not be abused.
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

Jeff Hauze wrote:Nothing major IC. I've got to get all of my wisdom teeth removed. Unfortunately, they are fairly heavily impacted, and have already been warned by the croaker that I'll likely need to take off a whole week from work. I'm trusting him on that (and really, I can' complain about having ten days free from work). It leaves me with 40 hours of vacation left after that, which means I could potentially go to GenCon. But honestly, I'm not quite the social butterfly. I prefer to have a nice quiet room to head back to. So I'm not into the cost sharing measure of crashing in a room with like ten people. On top of that, I'm a bitch of a roomate. I know that my wingman Mael can at least tolerate my horrid snoring without killing me. I wouldn't quite inflict that pain on others. Plus, it's unlikely that any of my usual crowd of compatriots will be making it this year. So it's just not looking like it is worth it this year.

Plus, I'm seriously considering a trip for myself sometime in the fall. There's a certain place that's really starting to call my name.
Major enough, I had that done a few years back and drooled on myself a lot.

Good luck! :)
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Ask and ye shall receive! Comments are being added slowly.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dreadmoores/GenCon2006
Anguirel

Post by Anguirel »

DV8 wrote:
Anguirel wrote:Probably not. GenCon is during prime-time crunch for the video game industry.
Pretty well. QA credits on F.E.A.R., Ice Age II, and Scarface, along with some uncredited work (too short to matter, or for patches or Direct-Download stuff where they don't append your name into the credits). I'm also credited for scripting work on Scarface. Currently working on my own game projects on the side to put together a better demo / portfolio to send around should I decide its time to switch companies, and I've been getting more contacts all around the video game industry.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Adam wrote:The freedom to make dumb decisions should not be abused.
And where would that leave 300 million plus Americans? Huh? Huh? :lol
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Anguirel wrote:
DV8 wrote:
Pretty well. QA credits on F.E.A.R., Ice Age II, and Scarface, along with some uncredited work (too short to matter, or for patches or Direct-Download stuff where they don't append your name into the credits). I'm also credited for scripting work on Scarface. Currently working on my own game projects on the side to put together a better demo / portfolio to send around should I decide its time to switch companies, and I've been getting more contacts all around the video game industry.
That's very cool. I've been looking into the specs of some of the development environments and physics engines and it's really interesting, but a whole different bag than I'm used to. I'm always tempted to make a little game of my own, just because.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

<i>Major enough, I had that done a few years back and drooled on myself a lot. [/i]

So, no real change to your normal condition...... :D
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Bull
Tasty Human

Post by Bull »

Ampere wrote:
Daki wrote:
Drunken tournament game?
I wasn't "drunk".
I was..."drinking".
Trying to GET drunk.

Actually...that was a blast.
Now, if only you don;t have to leave early, and I[b/] don't get the plague halfway through the con...

;)

Bull
Bull's Place at Dumpshock!

"Order is Illusion! Chaos is Bliss! Got any Fours?"