London/Amsterdam

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

London/Amsterdam

Post by Big Jim »

I'm in London until Dec 9th, and in Amsterdam this weekend (Nov 27th and 28th). I'm free most evenings and of course this weekend. Who's around and wouldn't mind putting up with me for a few hours?
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

Quiet, you!
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

Hello from Amsterdam! I'm sitting in a coffee shop on the Leidseplein. Dennis, Sam, and Eva have been nice enough to take good care of me so far. Went drinking and dancing, Deev'd a few people, had lots of fun. More later.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Any singing yet?
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

And here I thought I was going to have a boring saturday. Just as I was wondering what to do with myself, my phone rings.

"Hallo?"
"Eh, Dennis?"
"Yeah."
"It's Jim, from Bulldrek!"
"Oh, hi Jim. Ehm, which Jim, exactly?"
"Big Jim!"
"Oh! How's it going?"
"Fine...say, I'm in Amsterdam right now..."

An hour and a half later we were having drinks and snacks in a lounge together with Eva. I think I don't just speak for myself, but I had a lot of fun. Afterwards we joined Sam and another friend of mine for dinner after which we dropped our stuff off at the hotel and joined Eva and her boyfriend for cocktails at another lounge. When they decided to go home, we decided to have a few more drinks and then head over to the Melkweg, this club which has two rooms, one for hip-hop and dancehall and one for every other type of music. Tequilla shots and water is what fueled our dance, and we went on until about 4 or 5 am, after which we had some trouble finding the entrance to the hotel. We said goodbye, and I weaved my way down the road, caught a bus I wasn't sure where it'd end up, and made my way over to Sam's new apartment. Spent the night there, woke up way too early and joined Jim once again for some food. Jim and I both tried to recreate the evening and figure out where all the money went - Jim was kind (stupid?) enough to pay for almost everything that night. We brought him to the train he was taking to the airport and said goodbye.

Jim's as amicable as Ice is, as intelligent as Marius, as funny as Cash, as much of a gamer as Paul, and as crazy as Crazy Elf. In short, he's a really fucking cool, and well-rounded Bulldrekker, and I'm very glad I had a chance to hang out with him, and I hope to do it again soon.

One disappointment, though; he refused my hotdog.
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

Ha! See, it isn't just me!
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
Moulsari
Tasty Human

Post by Moulsari »

Isn't just you that thinks Jim is so cool, or that refused Dennis' hotdog?
Twisted Sister
Wuffle Student

Post by Twisted Sister »

It wasn't way too early, it was 1pm...anyway, LargishZim, it was a total pleasure and while I regret not spending the evening with the pair of you, after seeing Dennis weave up the canal at around 5 on Sunday morning, I realise my sense of self preservation has not deserted me yet. Besides, we'll always have hot apple pie. :D
"Like hello, just because I am not using my arms, doesn't mean I am not working." - Jayson
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

I got Deev'd! No worries D, could hear you just fine. Just wish I actually had my phone on me when you called!
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

Sweet!

Glad to loan you Jim for a night of drinking! one day we all really need to gather once again for a bigger drink fest instead of all these little pocket gatherings.

Wait, I am seen as amicable?

I can live with that.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Eva

Post by Eva »

To join the cheerleaders, it was really nice meeting you, Jim. Shame we couldn't hang out more, maybe next time you are called away on duty as.. Document Man!
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

Shh! I'm just mild-mannered Jim, or something like that.
Eva wrote:Ha! See, it isn't just me!
I'm confused about this one too.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Eva wrote:To join the cheerleaders, it was really nice meeting you, Jim. Shame we couldn't hang out more, maybe next time you are called away on duty as.. Document Man!
Did he wear the cape made of integration notes this time?
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

Because I didn't say it enough during the weekend, thank you thank you thank you! Thanks for taking time out of whatever else you were doing this weekend to spend it with me. I was on my way to having a good time there, but you helped make it a great time. If I wasn't working this weekend, I'd come back to bother you some more. ;)
Twisted Sister
Wuffle Student

Post by Twisted Sister »

Big Jim wrote:If I wasn't working this weekend, I'd come back to bother you some more. ;)
Promises, promises. :)
"Like hello, just because I am not using my arms, doesn't mean I am not working." - Jayson
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

¡Muy celoso!
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Eva

Post by Eva »

Big Jim wrote:
Eva wrote:Ha! See, it isn't just me!
I'm confused about this one too.
Ne'mind. :o)
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

These are the things that slowly drive me insane.

Gottaknowgottaknowgottaknow ;)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

If I were a laughing sort of guy, I'd be laughing until my internal organs ruptured into a foam of rapture.
Twisted Sister
Wuffle Student

Post by Twisted Sister »

....I think he means LOLOLO!!!~~!O@#@LOLOLOL or something. :cute
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

As ridiculous as this seems, it looks like there's a fairly good chance I'm not going to have to work this weekend either. I won't know for sure until Friday again most likely, and I don't want to be a bother, but if you didn't get tired of me last weekend I'd love to come back again.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I'll have a Wodka/Tonic waiting for you! :)
Twisted Sister
Wuffle Student

Post by Twisted Sister »

Dude! Cooooooome baaaaaack!
Eva

Post by Eva »

That would be great!
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

*wonders what the price of a weekend ticket would be*

Not that I have any money but hey, I can dream. :)
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

You could always ask Jim for one of his contact's numbers. I'm sure they could find a way to mule you in.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

*does NOT want to see the man they get to mule Ice across the pond*

...*or the method of extraction*
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

Whoops, spoke too soon. Looks like I will have to work this weekend, at least Saturday. You could always come over here. :)
Moulsari
Tasty Human

Post by Moulsari »

What, to watch you work? ;)