Drekkers in DC

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Patience
Bulldrek Pusher

Drekkers in DC

Post by Patience »

I'm moving from Atlanta GA to the DC area (North Bethesda) in a few weeks, and am feeling horribly uprooted. Anyone in the DC area want to show me where the Rolling Rock is reliably cold?

*bigeyes* :aww
_
<b>Thorn said:</b> Patience really does rock!!
<b>CykoSpin said:</b> Every time I see Patience (that is, a post by Patience), I think of the Iron Maiden song "Can I Play With Madness". I don't really know why, though; for whatever reason, I just do.
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie
Location: Stuck to the grate right outside the sewage treatment plant.

Post by Toon »

I've visited DC several times, but unfortunately I couldn't tell you of anyplace that great to go. Well, unless you like sushi. I remember this one sushi place there that was damned good... Now just to remember the name.

*grumble* That would be the problem with going someplace good during times I'd rather forget.
_There are some who say that Time is itself a hammer: that each slow second marks another tap that makes big rocks into little rocks, waterfalls into canyons, cliffs into beaches.
There are some who say that Time is instead a blade. They see the dance of its razored tip, poised like a venomous snake, forever ready to slay faster than the eye can see.
And there are some who say that Time is both hammer and blade.
They say the hammer is a sculptor's mallet, and the blade is a sculptor's chisel: that each stroke is a refinement, a perfecting, a discovery of truth and beauty within what would otherwise be blank and lifeless stone.
And I name this saying wisdom.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

I think you might be the first DC Drekker...
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Dru, who really wasn't a drekker, was from DC if I remember correctly.
sinsual
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by sinsual »

Kai at one time was a DCer from her comments about driving the beltway often...
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Patience
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Patience »

Cash wrote:I think you might be the first DC Drekker...

w00t. I guess someone has to colonize the nation's capital. :D
_
<b>CykoSpin said:</b> Every time I see Patience (that is, a post by Patience), I think of the Iron Maiden song "Can I Play With Madness". I don't really know why, though; for whatever reason, I just do.
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Patience wrote:
Cash wrote:I think you might be the first DC Drekker...
w00t. I guess someone has to colonize the nation's capital. :D
Well, there aren't many of us who could. I think most of us are under the loving gaze of the FBI/NSA/Secret Service..... ;)
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

I may or may not end up in DC eventually. I also may or may not end up in the CIA or NSA eventually. Wouldn't that be fun - not only is the NSA watching you, you have members of it as part of the group. Infiltrators, if you will. ;)

My brother is already in the area, and I have several friends down there, but I know little of the nightlife - and for most of the people I know, I doubt they know much more of it. I could help you get in touch with some of them, though - in particular, you might want to meet one of my friends who worked on Carol Mosley-Brown's campaign. Next time I visit down there, we should get together, have a mini-party or something. Wheee. :roll
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
Archimedes
Tasty Human

Post by Archimedes »

Patience wrote: w00t. I guess someone has to colonize the nation's capital. :D
I swear, on my honor as Patience's minotaur-friend (no boys here, thank you very much) that there will be much colonizing indeed.
_
If you don't trust people,
people will not trust you.
-Lao Tzu
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Is your icon from Monday night's Daily Show? Both John Stewart and his guest had that exact suit on (one each....not the *same* suit. That'd be a bit strange. Then again....)
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Archimedes
Tasty Human

Post by Archimedes »

Nope. Brooks Brothers. All the style I would want, and hopefully soon I'll be able to afford it.
_
If you don't trust people,
people will not trust you.
-Lao Tzu
Patience
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Patience »

Anguirel wrote:I may or may not end up in DC eventually. I also may or may not end up in the CIA or NSA eventually. Wouldn't that be fun - not only is the NSA watching you, you have members of it as part of the group. Infiltrators, if you will. ;)

My brother is already in the area, and I have several friends down there, but I know little of the nightlife - and for most of the people I know, I doubt they know much more of it. I could help you get in touch with some of them, though - in particular, you might want to meet one of my friends who worked on Carol Mosley-Brown's campaign. Next time I visit down there, we should get together, have a mini-party or something. Wheee. :roll
I'm sorry, I just realized I didn't respond to your post yet. Bad me. :)

Definitely come visit. We've got a spare bedroom and we'll be in North Bethesda, right on the Metro line. It should be fun.
_
Patience
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Patience »

Archimedes wrote:Nope. Brooks Brothers. All the style I would want, and hopefully soon I'll be able to afford it.
your keyboard to God's inbox. *crosses fingers*
_