[Paintball] Again! Again!

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

[Paintball] Again! Again!

Post by Gunny »

When's the next game? Huh Huh Huh Huh?? *bounce*bounce*bounce*bounce*

I wanna play. I wanna play. I wanna play. But mostly I just want to see Jim eat another hot dog and throw water on himself again.
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

I'm not missing this next time 'round either, damnit. I don't care if I hit a deer. I will WALK. :D If the MI crew wants to come with me, all the better, but consider me there either way.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Must get new job. Get severance package and stock option money. Get gun. Ready to play.

*Curls up and rocks himself* Must get gun... must get gun... must get gun...
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

Right now I do not have any plans made, the whole house thing is soaking up all my additional funds.

Let me know if people want to do it again and I will see what I can wiggle out, or if we get Daki's father to agree to have us do it at his place. :D
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie
Location: Stuck to the grate right outside the sewage treatment plant.

Post by Toon »

Wanna do it again! BLAT! BLAT! BLAT! BLAT! BLAT!

Must get gear. Must get gun. Must get experience. Must be ready to coat targets with paint next time.

And next time, once again I will be there. And this time I will know better what to expect and actually maybe be in better shape for combat, you know, getting sleep and all that.
_There are some who say that Time is itself a hammer: that each slow second marks another tap that makes big rocks into little rocks, waterfalls into canyons, cliffs into beaches.
There are some who say that Time is instead a blade. They see the dance of its razored tip, poised like a venomous snake, forever ready to slay faster than the eye can see.
And there are some who say that Time is both hammer and blade.
They say the hammer is a sculptor's mallet, and the blade is a sculptor's chisel: that each stroke is a refinement, a perfecting, a discovery of truth and beauty within what would otherwise be blank and lifeless stone.
And I name this saying wisdom.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

If it's in Michigan, and over a weekend, I believe I could be game. Then again, I never have played a paintball, and I'm a wuss :D
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie
Location: Stuck to the grate right outside the sewage treatment plant.

Post by Toon »

I wouldn't mind if it was in Illinois again. In the same place as last weekend. But with a bit less rain in the week prior to play.
_There are some who say that Time is itself a hammer: that each slow second marks another tap that makes big rocks into little rocks, waterfalls into canyons, cliffs into beaches.
There are some who say that Time is instead a blade. They see the dance of its razored tip, poised like a venomous snake, forever ready to slay faster than the eye can see.
And there are some who say that Time is both hammer and blade.
They say the hammer is a sculptor's mallet, and the blade is a sculptor's chisel: that each stroke is a refinement, a perfecting, a discovery of truth and beauty within what would otherwise be blank and lifeless stone.
And I name this saying wisdom.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Flame, would you be able to make it over to Grand Rapids area? I could try to set something up over this way so that you Easterners could possibly make it and it wouldn't be very far at all for the Chicagoians, if there was enough interest. GR is a huge-ass city. There's more than one paintball place in this area.

[Erm, Teja here.]
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

And there's a Lasertag on 28th street...mmm...
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

That's cool. It'd be something a little different. Let me check into it and see if it's a decent lasertag place or what, and maybe we can work on putting something together.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

It's decent. Cheap. 5 dollars per person for 15 minutes, and I'd imagine that there is a group rate...
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

There is. Some of the rules suck slightly, but it's a pretty cool arena to play in.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I have no real interest in playing paintball, but I'm all in for the drinking afterward.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

FlameBlade wrote:And there's a Lasertag on 28th street...mmm...
But... laser tag doesn't lead to bruising and that sweet sound as the gun fires...
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

Personally I prefer paintball over lasertag. Lasertag doesn't have the bullets flying by your head.
-Big Jim
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

And there's a fun satisfaction in sneaking up on a person and screaming, "Point blank!"
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

yeah, and I'm a wuss :D
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

It's all about the variety. I'm totally for playing paintball, but for one, it's expensive. I do not work, so the cost of gasoline, food, etc. just to /get/ to Chicago is a stretch. Add on the costs you guys said for paintball, and yipes.

Considering the Michigan crew consists of over seven regular board users, I just thought it might be cool to have a gathering over this way, with us playing something different (and that won't get Flame hurt :lol ), that was a tad bit more cost efficient and appealing to everyone. We can still do paintball again - just this, too. Keeps the convience of Gatherings rotating to people when you do the "we host this time, you host next time" deal.

Heck, though, if the majority says paintball, I guess we can do that instead of laser. Just means some people won't get to play. Or maybe someone can think of another option that's fun and affordable for all. :)
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Something about the Chicago Drekkers loading up a short bus and driving to Michigan... can't get it out of my head!
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Or a Black Van? :D
sinsual

Post by sinsual »

8 people in MI...points to his location
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

Oh I am all for paintballing in MI, I thought that was what you all where tlaking about in the first place. :D
-Big Jim
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

*Black van pulls up somewhere in Michigan. The door opens and that music from Desperado where all three of the Mariachis arrive on the street plays. Out come the Chicago drekkers with guns at their side.*
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

Daki wrote:*Black van pulls up somewhere in Michigan. The door opens and that music from Desperado where all three of the Mariachis arrive on the street plays. Out come the Chicago drekkers with guns at their side.*
*IC Trips*
-Big Jim
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Instant Cash wrote:
Daki wrote:*Black van pulls up somewhere in Michigan. The door opens and that music from Desperado where all three of the Mariachis arrive on the street plays. Out come the Chicago drekkers with guns at their side.*
*IC Trips*
Fucker! Why do you keep rolling critical failures on your "cool" tests?
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

:lol
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>