I am going to Gen Con. No really.

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Serious Paul
Devil

I am going to Gen Con. No really.

Post by Serious Paul »

So last night at work one of my shift commanders instructed me to take the weekend of Gen Con off sick. So I am. Kai and some others have offered me crash space if it becomes necassary. So as of this moment I am attending Gen Con on Saturday and Sunday. I will have my Doc write me a note for the weekend, and I will likely leave Friday some time to get down there. Not sure if Meri can come yet or not-Baby sitting will dictate.

So I am on for Gen Con.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Car pool?
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Van Der Litreb
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Van Der Litreb »

So last night at work one of my shift commanders instructed me to take the weekend of Gen Con off sick.
Uhm. Is he a diviner?
\m/
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

No but he sounds like a cool boss, what with Paulie getting screwed on holiday time the last couple years. Although is this part of the whole being nice to Paul and guards, re. the gun tower thing, so that they can say they were real nice to you if the whole SSN incident becomes something?
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Actually a few people at work know I play roleplaying games, and when I wrote Seattle 2063 (my part at least) a lot of it was at work, as I have a lot of free time there. So anyways a guy mentions in front of said Shift Commander that his friends go every year apparently, which given this guy as a whole is wildly weird, and he asked if I was going.

So anyways we are looking through the vacation book and that weekend id booked. Next thing I know the Shift Commander says "So what you're saying is Sick leave is open? Right? Shit 11 digits later and that weekend is yours."

So he has made it claer I should call in! So I am!

Teja: You're on!

Flak: That maybe it, but he was one of the first peopel to start reccomending lawyers to me. His exact words were:

"Shit, I'd be like 1-800-CALL-SAM, and they'd be renaming this muthafucka after me.The [insert his name here] Correctional facility. Shit. Fuck around, and you'll find out the black guy can take a joke."

Heh, he's hilarious.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

So you guys could actually make it? Cool.

On the whole being nice thing, if he's as cool as you say, just put it down as me being a suspicious untrusting bastard. :D
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

FlakJacket wrote:...just put it down as me being a suspicious untrusting bastard. :D
We usually do.... ;)

Man, now I /really/ wish the kids were going to be just a couple months older come August. Damn. Say, anyone know of any soap operas Caz and I could join the cast of? These kids'd be in grade school by the time summer was over....
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Man, now I /really/ wish the kids were going to be just a couple months older come August.
Just put them on Steroids.
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

Hm. When is this Gen Con?
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Aug 19-22
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Wait its the 19th thru 22nd? Shit I may not have to use so much sick time!
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

And I may be done with classes! I have comencment on the 25th, but I can be back by then.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay a couple of questions for Moo and others in the know.
  • Are there usually rooms available from cancellations? I am assuming I'm not the only guy who couldn't make it last year, and hopefully that means Meri and I can get our own room, so we can uhm...yeah sleep. A lot.
  • How much are rooms running a night?
  • Since its Indy, I am assuming there'll be a lot of rooms but which hotel is Gen Con using. Shit wahts the link to their site? I could probably find this there.
Thanks
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Are there usually rooms available from cancellations? I am assuming I'm not the only guy who couldn't make it last year, and hopefully that means Meri and I can get our own room, so we can uhm...yeah sleep. A lot.
I think I have a room left. Let me check when I get home from this hell hole.

It is highly unlikely you'll be able to get a reservation at any of the closer hotels now. A couple of days before, the hotels will open up the cancelation list. The day of is probably your best bet for these.
How much are rooms running a night?
The ones GC has blocked out you're looking at between $120-$200 after taxes. The ones we have, Embassy Suites, are about $165/night
Since its Indy, I am assuming there'll be a lot of rooms but which hotel is Gen Con using
Everything within about a 6 block radius.
Shit wahts the link to their site?
www.gencon.com
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

As Nightshadow won't be able to make it, so long as you aren't screamers you and Meri are welcome to the king size bed part of the room I have, I'm fine on the couch or air matress :)

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

How much is Cash's room? Since he and Jes :( are not coming, maybe I can get it!
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

It's the same cost as the other rooms. $165/night.
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

So how many nights did they have it for? I would like to get down there Friday and stay Friday and Saturday nights. So thats 330 barring any taxes. I can send that next Thursday, is that soon enough? And where? (To send it?)
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

Weet, I might have a job by Sunday, so GenCon might just be a possibility for me. Might.
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

So how many nights did they have it for? I would like to get down there Friday and stay Friday and Saturday nights.
Problem with that is I'll get tagged with an additional $50 fee if I cancel Wednesday and Thursday night.
So thats 330 barring any taxes.
That price should include taxes. I added 14% to the list price.
I can send that next Thursday, is that soon enough? And where? (To send it?)
Can you do PayPal? It's easiest for me.
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I want Friday and Saturday, Weds/Thursday does me no good since I can't be there. I can't fork over the 50 extra bucks-well I could but I won't. So I guess its back to the drawing board.