[Gathering] DrinkCon 2004 Hotel Rooms (Part Deux)

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

[Gathering] DrinkCon 2004 Hotel Rooms (Part Deux)

Post by MooCow »

For those interested, I have hotel rooms now. :roll

I have 5 suites in the Embassy Suites. If you would like to know where the ES is you can see it here www.indy.org/images/downtownmap.gif (It's about a block away)

The suites are 2 room suites (Bedroom, living room). At the moment, they have 1 King size bed in the bedroom, and a couch bed in the living room. I'm on a waiting list for double beds in the bedroom. (5 minutes after registration began, and they were totally booked for double beds)

The major amenities include the complete buffet style breakfast in the morning, and the infamous 2 hour complimentary drinks in the evening.

Cost is about $163/night after tax.

I will gladly turn these over to other people in exchange for the $50 security fee (which will be applied to your room come DrinkCon). PM for details.
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I'm on a waiting list for double beds in the bedroom
For those that care, I now have 4 rooms with 2 single beds (and one couch bed).
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
kawaii
Tasty Human

Post by kawaii »

Sweet. Glad I didn't get a room with my badge. So, uh, can I secure one of these double-bed rooms? And prehaps a double bed? ;)
Ever lovable and always scrappy,
kawaii
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I'll mark you down as interested. To "secure" a spot you'd be best off giving me money, as people who give me money get top priority. This is just to protect myself from having to pay for 5 empty rooms come DrinkCon.
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

I'd be interested in half a room- that is splitting one with someone and taking the lounge/sofa.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Moonwolf
Wuffle Master

Post by Moonwolf »

I'm interested.

Flak: How much do you pay for flights?
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

As little as possible. :D Seriously though, your best bet is to just call in to a couple travel agents and then try round the web. You can usually find stuff that's cheaper than the normal fares. One thing I will suggest though is don't just look for direct flights. My one to the BBQ weekend was a couple hundred quid cheaper by taking SwissAir from Birmingham to Zurich and then on to Chicago.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Indirect flights are usually only cheaper when the layover is in Europe, not in the United States. Airport tax is stupidly expensive in the US from what I understand, so it'll make your ticket disproportionately more expensive.
Moonwolf
Wuffle Master

Post by Moonwolf »

Any good sites for European flights? Everything I can find wants me to go direct.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Most of the cheap flight sites only really do direct flights. That's where travel agents come in, they're the professionals and can find the out of the way stuff.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Liniah »

I've found some good deals on TravelJungle.com, but I believe it's set up for flights departing from either US or D only, iirc.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>