[Gathering] DrinkCon 2004 Hotel Rooms

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

[Gathering] DrinkCon 2004 Hotel Rooms

Post by MooCow »

So I just thought I'd toss this out for people to chew on.

My current working plan for DrinkCon is to reserve six rooms in the Embassy Suites as soon as registration opens. I'm doing this to ensure that we get a block of rooms in the same hotel, which is often a problem for us. Those of you who stayed in Embassy last year know how cool it is with the Breakfast and the Complimentary Drinks.

While I run the risk of being sacked with a bunch of room cancelation fees, I don't see this being much of a concern. I'm willing to take the risk to ensure that we get the hotel we want. My plan is to make the reservations, and then as people figure out they are going I can either transfer the room to their credit card, or take a $50 deposit to secure the room for them (Which ever they prefer).

So what do you all think? Is six rooms too many? Not enough? Should I not bother?
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

42?
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

For those who haven't been paying attention, DrinkCon = GenCon. :D
kawaii
Tasty Human

Post by kawaii »

I'm in!
Ever lovable and always scrappy,
kawaii
lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

Hey Moo,

Have you checked into Short Term housing yet? By my math, the price for a full Gathering-DrinkCon spree (assuming we're still using the 14th as the Gathering kickoff, making 14th-22nd nine days) 2-bed room at Embassy Suites ends up being only a hundred bucks or so from the price of getting a 2-bed/2-bath short-term housing townhouse/apartment for a month, and most of the joints do weekly or daily rentals. I know they've been discussed before, but have you checked into any of these places lately? We can possibly cram more people into one of those joints than a hotel room (maybe, haven't seen the suites in person). No free booze, but more people to split the alcohol tab if it works out?

Found this joint online --CorporateHousing.com
_No one was ever put in a history book for being a great conformist.
kawaii
Tasty Human

Post by kawaii »

With Gen.. er DrinkCon's badge/hotel registration starting Monday, do we have a plan yet? :)

I'd like to know if I need to book something personally, or if I can just get in on some Bulldrek sharing? :)
Ever lovable and always scrappy,
kawaii
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I know of enough people to guarantee 2 rooms. I'll probably go with 4.
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

I can't say I'm definitely in yet due to work being up in the air a bit, but I'm definitely interested. I know, this helps not at all :D.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I know, this helps not at all
No actually it does. It helps me get an idea of who is interested in this set up.
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

It worked well last year, and the Embassy definitely rocks!
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Regardless of my situation, having my own apartment or not, I will be there. I think I'll be minus Nex this time, but I will so be there. If Mael is making the trek again, he and I can snag a room. Either way, I'm definitely interested in a room Moo, even if no one else goes in, I'll grab a room for my own and folks can crash there last minute as needed.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

Classes start the motherfucking 18th. :mad I'd be there if I could.