Happy New Year! or other time in early Jan!

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Happy New Year! or other time in early Jan!

Post by Liniah »

Veed and I will be in PA for new years this year. Jan has already voiced interest in joining us. Nex and Jeffrey are already there, and Marius is too, so I'm hoping we'll be able to drag him out as well. If anyone else feels like coming to PA to have a little shin-dig we'd love to see you. I'll post more when we get actual plans. Just wanted to give you all a heads up incase anyone wanted to start making plans and such. :)
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
sinsual

Post by sinsual »

I would love to Lin but I already have plans for that time slot. Sorry.
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

Ok, well, Jan says he probably can't come now. :( But we'll still be there....that's still cool, right guys? ...guys? :crack
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

I'll be in London. :/ :\ :| :D
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I will, as usual, be in prison.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

[Insert obligatory "Where you belong" comment here] :p
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Nexusvoid
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Nexusvoid »

Stuff's up in the air right now. My girlfriend and I may go to Atlantic City.
_
Marius
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Marius »

My break is through early January, so I'd actually planned to be back in Western New York for New Years, but if you folks are going to be around in PA, I'll make a point of being here. Make sure I know, so my travel plans are right.
There is then a need to guard against a temptation to overstate the economic evils of our own age, and to ignore the existence of similar, or worse, evils in earlier ages. Even though some exaggeration may, for the time, stimulate others, as well as ourselves, to a more intense resolve that the present evils should no longer exist, but it is not less wrong and generally it is much more foolish to palter with truth for good than for a selfish cause. The pessimistic descriptions of our own age, combined with the romantic exaggeration of the happiness of past ages must tend to setting aside the methods of progress, the work of which, if slow, is yet solid, and lead to the hasty adoption of others of greater promise, but which resemble the potent medicines of a charlatan, and while quickly effecting a little good sow the seeds of widespread and lasting decay. This impatient insincerity is an evil only less great than the moral torpor which can endure, that we with our modern resources and knowledge should look contentedly at the continued destruction of all that is worth having. There is an evil and an extreme impatience as well as an extreme patience with social ills.
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

It does not have to be on New Years that we get together. I do think it would be cool if we get together somewhere around the hollidays, though. We aren't totally confirmed yet, but it looks as though we'll be in the area from Dec 17 to Jan 9. These are approximate dates, but they are at least close. We don't have any set plans aside from family comitments for Christmas, so any time is find with us!
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

Ok, official dates: Arrive in US Dec 14. Leave Jan 9.