Barbecue After Action Report

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

I keep meaning to do this but I get distracted.

Big thanks to Paul and Meri for hosting, and putting up with all of us. It was great to meet everyone, and see some familiar faces again. :)
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

I have pictures. Finally. :D

I will post them just as soon as I can get to a scanner. By this weekend, at the very latest.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

MissTeja wrote:I have pictures. Finally. :D
Finally? Hey, the records still like a year or so. :)

Speaking of photos, who was it that had the camera with the really fraking bright flash? Damn thing practically blinded you for a good thirty seconds, and that was without being in the direct line of fire. :wideeyes :)
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

My camera has a twin?
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
sinsual
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by sinsual »

ME!!! it had the killer strobe flash to get rid of red eye. I have been out of town so I haven't spent much time gettign the pics I do have ready and posted. Will get to it when I finally stay in one place for a full day.
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Oh er, btw - um... the main reason Caz and I didn't make it to the whole shindig was Boltgrinder's fault.

Primarily, I really didn't think that many hours in the car were at all a good idea considering the perpetual nausea I was experiencing at the time, but also... since we weren't ready to announce anything yet, I just couldn't come up with a decently convincingly lie as to why, after my performance at GenCon, I suddenly couldn't drink. Without, you know, totally giving everything away.

So, um... sorry, y'all.
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
sinsual
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by sinsual »

Hey after I heard the news I figured that for myself Thorn and I truly don't blame you guys either. Course I was just giving Caz grief when he was in channel but it was all good natured grief. I don't expect everyone to like driving long distance as much as I do. :D
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Ah, its no biggie Thorn. Sure we missed you guys, but there's always another time. 'Sides I am a low stress fella, so I try and take things in stride!
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

MissTeja wrote:I have pictures. Finally. :D

I will post them just as soon as I can get to a scanner. By this weekend, at the very latest.
You hve a space to upload 'em, Lindsey?
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

LindsAy!!! LOL ;)

Yeah, I have plenty of room. Thanks, though! I would have had them up this weekend, but the campus computer lab was being retarded and closed for the ENTIRE holiday weekend, even though it was the weekend before finals. I love morons. They make me happy.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

MissTeja wrote:I love morons. They make me happy.
Come work at my company then. You'd be the happiest person in the world.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>