The Gathering: 2004

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Instant Cash wrote:In my room it will more than likely be me and Jaded. I love you all dearly, but I would rather not lock you out of the room for long periods of time. And no, you can't join. :D
The suites have a separate bedroom and living room, so you can still have some privacy even with more people in the suite.
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
Sade
Tasty Human

Post by Sade »

Jestyr wrote:The suites have a separate bedroom and living room, so you can still have some privacy even with more people in the suite.
they do ... sweet!
<hr>Nigel Sade
Studio de Sade: http://www.nigelsade.com
</hr>
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Oh yeah, testify to that. We didn't seem to have any real problems last year with Jes and Cash getting the room and me and Moo colonising the living room. Only real problem was the crappy fold-out bed. Uber-thin and droopy so in the end just didn't bother with it and slept length-ways on the sofa. :)

Hell, didn't they even have a little fridge and a microwave as well? I know they had a fridge since we stashed some of the BD's takeaway in it, but not certain about the microwave. :/
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Cash says yes, there was a microwave - he points out that apparently you used it. :) I don't remember one way or the other, but I remember there was a fridge, and a separate sink in the living room *and* the bedroom, as well as the one in the bathroom.

The *only* downside is that the door to the bathroom is off the bedroom, not the living room. That's manageable, though.
__
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

I did? Ah well, what with my memory, I'll just take his word on it. Kinda like why I kept trying to give you that money three or four times. :)
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

I'm definitely too honest for my own good.
__
sinsual
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by sinsual »

Alas I know I shall not be able to attend. I will be in the midst of double class sessions (2 5 hour classes)
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Sade wrote:
Jestyr wrote:The suites have a separate bedroom and living room, so you can still have some privacy even with more people in the suite.
they do ... sweet!
Yarrrrr. Which is why me and my... ahem... "spousal-like limb" (lurve that) were able to split our hotel room with Ick and Kawaii (who was not idling the whole time!). Though I'll agree with Jes - the bathroom being on the bedroom side of the dividing door was just lame. Supah lame. But still, a dealable sort of situation, really.
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Instant Cash wrote:And no, you can't join. :D
~/It ain't no fun, if the homies can't get none./~
Sade
Tasty Human

Post by Sade »

we'll getcha some D'
<hr>Nigel Sade
</hr>
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

The *only* downside is that the door to the bathroom is off the bedroom, not the living room. That's manageable, though.
Except, ya know, when you lock the door. At which point a drunk Moo and Flak have to go wandering the hotel looking for the public bathroom. ;)
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

Sade wrote:well then who the fuck is the cash that doesn't drink? Cali-boy does, you do ... is there another one? Or did you just not drink one night and I was too drunk to interpret your reason for not drinking ... either way. your situation is special! are there other people who have Spousal-like limbs?

by the way love the sig ... it was a great speach :)
That might have been the night where I only had one or two drinks because I still had an hour and a half drive back home that night.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Sade
Tasty Human

Post by Sade »

Instant Cash wrote: That might have been the night where I only had one or two drinks because I still had an hour and a half drive back home that night.
was that the night with Sprite and Gremlins bra? 7am 3 hours till I had to run the one shot drunk fiasko?
<hr>Nigel Sade
</hr>
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

MooCow wrote:
Except, ya know, when you lock the door. At which point a drunk Moo and Flak have to go wandering the hotel looking for the public bathroom. ;)
That's fun on a whole new level. :D
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Sade wrote:was that the night with Sprite and Gremlins bra?
That was comedy... it's always slightly surreal to see your "boss" like that. :)
__
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

That's fun on a whole new level.
Only cause you weren't involved..... :p

*Embassy Suites, 3am*

Desk Clerk: Can I help you?
Moo: Yes.
Desk Clerk: *Waiting several seconds, and trying /not/ to get a contact buzz* With what sir?
Moo: Ummmm... I don't know. Do you know what I wanted?
Desk Clerk: No sir, that was why I asked.
Moo: Well you're no help. Hey... maybe it's in the computer. *Reaching over the desk*
Desk Clerk: Security!
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Patience
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Patience »

:lol
_
<b>Thorn said:</b> Patience really does rock!!
<b>CykoSpin said:</b> Every time I see Patience (that is, a post by Patience), I think of the Iron Maiden song "Can I Play With Madness". I don't really know why, though; for whatever reason, I just do.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

That's our Moo! :D
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

Damnit. Gencon looks so much more expensive when you're on the other side of an ocean. Now I can't just jump in my car, spur of the moment, and go there for the weekend if need be. :( I haven't missed a gencon since I've started to attend. Thought I'd miss it last year, but I went anyway, and had a hell of a good time. Hrm. Maybe I can stowe away on a boat...or maybe not, cause that would suck. Gah! I wanna goooo!
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Marius
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Marius »

I'm supposed to do, you know, doctory things this summer. But only for part of it, and it's probably some sort of reasearch, which means that if you guys can be predictably pathological, I might be able to actually study you. On the plus side, there's a chance that student loans or research grants will cover a trip to the midwest for drinking. So plan, plan, plan, and I might be able to make it.
There is then a need to guard against a temptation to overstate the economic evils of our own age, and to ignore the existence of similar, or worse, evils in earlier ages. Even though some exaggeration may, for the time, stimulate others, as well as ourselves, to a more intense resolve that the present evils should no longer exist, but it is not less wrong and generally it is much more foolish to palter with truth for good than for a selfish cause. The pessimistic descriptions of our own age, combined with the romantic exaggeration of the happiness of past ages must tend to setting aside the methods of progress, the work of which, if slow, is yet solid, and lead to the hasty adoption of others of greater promise, but which resemble the potent medicines of a charlatan, and while quickly effecting a little good sow the seeds of widespread and lasting decay. This impatient insincerity is an evil only less great than the moral torpor which can endure, that we with our modern resources and knowledge should look contentedly at the continued destruction of all that is worth having. There is an evil and an extreme impatience as well as an extreme patience with social ills.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

Like so many others, I'd love to go, but not sure if I'll be able to go. Moving to Jacksonville in April is going to cause more than a bit of disruption to any potential vacation plans.
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Well, um... obviously /our/ GenCon/Gathering plans are a bit up in the air at this point. Though I'd love to at least get to GC for a day or two. Finally will be able to drink again, plus we can show off Little Boltgrinder..... ;)
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

MooCow wrote:
Yeah, like the year before when Mael was too busy dieing in our bathroom so we had to go wandering to find another one.

Finally will be able to drink again, plus we can show off Little Boltgrinder.....
See that! It was only a matter of time before she gave in! :D
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
kawaii
Tasty Human

Post by kawaii »

Thorn wrote:Yarrrrr. Which is why me and my... ahem... "spousal-like limb" (lurve that) were able to split our hotel room with Ick and Kawaii (who was not idling the whole time!). Though I'll agree with Jes - the bathroom being on the bedroom side of the dividing door was just lame. Supah lame. But still, a dealable sort of situation, really.
It wasn't so bad. I was only idle for about 3-4 hrs a night. ;)

I'm in - Gathering and GC, but since my current company is being bought out even as we speak, I'd like to get definite dates soonish so I can put them in as soon as possible.
Ever lovable and always scrappy,
kawaii