Another Bonfire, this one is for real.

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Paul: Have you determined if anyone is going to be there Friday night yet? If so, I was going to come out then. If no one is making it until Saturday, I'll wait until then, though.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
sinsual
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by sinsual »

As of today I will be leaving here the morning of the 31st. I am expecting the trip to be about 15 hours so I was expecting to catch a hotel that night.
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

Go Trick or Treating, Teja. I might be there, after I take my son out.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

I am. :) From 6-8. With the baby sis.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

I guess 32 is still giving me a lift, then.

I also guess that I'm gonna be the broke-ass punk. :asleep
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Well, you and me both. :)
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie
Location: Stuck to the grate right outside the sewage treatment plant.

Post by Toon »

Teja: As it currently stands, the Cincy crowd is looking at making the drive up Friday night. That way we're all there for the entirety of the festivities on Saturday
_There are some who say that Time is itself a hammer: that each slow second marks another tap that makes big rocks into little rocks, waterfalls into canyons, cliffs into beaches.
There are some who say that Time is instead a blade. They see the dance of its razored tip, poised like a venomous snake, forever ready to slay faster than the eye can see.
And there are some who say that Time is both hammer and blade.
They say the hammer is a sculptor's mallet, and the blade is a sculptor's chisel: that each stroke is a refinement, a perfecting, a discovery of truth and beauty within what would otherwise be blank and lifeless stone.
And I name this saying wisdom.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

So will all of you be /arriving/ Friday, then? If so, I suppose I'll make it out Friday, as well. Then I can leave in the morning to go get AK, hopefully with a car other than mine, unless AK owns goggles and likes wind.
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

Like 32 said Moo, the hotel is more 5 minutes away. and there are not that many roads out there to get lost on either.

Sure it isn't exactly a Raddison or Embassy suites, but it has a bed, a shower, and something that resembles a wall unit AC.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

3278 wrote:So will all of you be /arriving/ Friday, then? If so, I suppose I'll make it out Friday, as well. Then I can leave in the morning to go get AK, hopefully with a car other than mine, unless AK owns goggles and likes wind.
Well, hell, I wasn't even thinking about that option. I could take my truck Saturday - and that'd keep AK from having to go purchase goggles, too. ;) I can get the back seat cleaned out and if anyone wants to make the trip to keep me company that's cool. Don't worry about it 32, I got it taken care of. My brain's functioning capabilities were taking a nap. I'll probably come out Friday night then, and go and get him on Saturday. AK - PM me your location info. If you can add a building description beyond the physical addres that'd help. Thanx, man.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Well, perfect. I'll take the trip with you just in case AK turns out to be a homicidal lunatic - oh, and to keep you company - and we can go get him in the morning. Brava!
sinsual

Post by sinsual »

so then I guess it is safe to land there Friday night? ;)
www.evieshope.com
NytShade
Tasty Human

Post by NytShade »

Revision to previous post: I can not in fact make it to the bonfire. :( Shows came up and I have little choice but to accept them.

Sorry
I sell the shadow to support the substance.
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

so then I guess it is safe to land there Friday night?
Safe? Yeah, right. :plode
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Thorn and I have been talking about the bonfire since this thread started. And with MooCow being the total dirty bastard that he is, he thought he could entice me with Halloween All Flesh. Well it worked...

We're coming and I'm bringing All Flesh - Shadowrun style!
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

*cries*
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Bad-ass! Caz and Thorn, in the hizzie!
Salvation122

Post by Salvation122 »

I've got a nifty idea: How 'bout some of you motherfuckers move /south,/ away from the cold and the snow to the lands of warmth and sunshine?
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Sal - grow an epidermis that doesn't flash freeze at forty or eat a bag of dicks.

Bonfire people - Mu ha ha ha ha! All Flesh inbound!!
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Caz and Thorn AND All-Flesh? Oh, hell yeah.
Salvation122

Post by Salvation122 »

I have no problem with the cold. It's just that it doesn't happen here.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Who's getting shoved out the van this time?

*psst* Caz...mutant bears.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

What's happening this time will make mutant zombie bears shit themselves and run under the covers.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Well looks as though work's not giving me the time off, so I wont be making it I'm afraid. I'll double check with personnel some time tomorrow, but from what I saw of the sheet tongiht it's not gonna happen. :(
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

DV8 wrote:*cries*
Amen.
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
sinsual

Post by sinsual »

ROXXERS!!!!!
www.evieshope.com
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

Cash wrote:Who's getting shoved out the van this time?
Not sure. I'd say I was doing the pushing, but unfortunately I think I'll be in D.C. at the time. Be sure to include me as a cameo appearence, though, as a Van drives by and a pile of future zombies get pushed out... and if Loopy is there you can run her over. :D
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

[32 here.]

Paul and I accidentally got really productive and not only cleaned the porch, but also much of the upstairs, so warm sleeping space shouldn't be a problem. Still, those of you with tents who were planning to bring them still should, just in case. As an added bonus, Paul cleverly thought to remove the astroturf the dog had urinated on from the porch, which should make sleep somewhat more hygenic. And less smelly.

Meri's already starting to cook, and her potato soup is absolutely to die for.

Things are coming along nicely, in short. Except for the likely lack of Simon, which will cause us all to die, die, horribly die. Next year, I suppose.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Cash wrote:Who's getting shoved out the van this time?
Ooooh, that reminds me. Do I have to be the token necrophiliac again? lol ;)
32 wrote:Paul and I accidentally got really productive and not only cleaned the porch, but also much of the upstairs, so warm sleeping space shouldn't be a problem.
Meri's already starting to cook, and her potato soup is absolutely to die for.

Buwahahaha. I find that rather humorous. Good to hear though. Providing the weather is semi-decent, sleeping outside is fine with me. Although, I have no tent, so who knows where I'll sleep.

Note: I went and got some supplies tonight. Got a couple snacks, paper towels, and enough toilet paper that heaven forbid anyone get bored, there's plenty enough to go and decorate a city block. Oh, and I'm gonna make brownies. Bought the stuff for them, too. Sorry, they won't be spiked or laced. Of course, I do take bribes.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Meri will be making anyone who stays Friday night breakfast Saturday morning. So homemade pancakes, bacon, drekcetera!!!

Goodness.
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Ooh! Yay!

Caz and I will bring our tent (which depending on the weather I may prove too wussy to actually use, but there's no rule saying we have to be the ones sleeping in it).

Also, we'll bring a giant brick of super-super sharp cheddar cheese (and a smaller brick just for you, 32), and probably some other dairy-related goodness from beyond the Cheddar Curtain. And probably some other stuff, not sure what yet though.

Oh, Paul - if I bring blueberries will Meri put them in pancakes for me?? (hope hope hope!)
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I don't see why not.
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

:D I just luuuuuuurrrrrrve blueberry pancakes. :D
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

I can make...erm, pasta.

(OK, look, I've been living on a ramen diet for God knows how long, all right?)
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Life will soon be good.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

6 days to goodness.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

Oh shit. That reminds me, Teja, with this pickup thing and all. Exactly when are you planning on coming over here and abducting me? Friday night, afternoon, late night or what?

If a Friday night, might I pull you and Earl aside for (and this is tenative) a quick viewing of Shaolin Soccer with a few friends of mine?
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie
Location: Stuck to the grate right outside the sewage treatment plant.

Post by Toon »

Thorn wrote:Also, we'll bring a giant brick of super-super sharp cheddar cheese
I love you.
_There are some who say that Time is itself a hammer: that each slow second marks another tap that makes big rocks into little rocks, waterfalls into canyons, cliffs into beaches.
There are some who say that Time is instead a blade. They see the dance of its razored tip, poised like a venomous snake, forever ready to slay faster than the eye can see.
And there are some who say that Time is both hammer and blade.
They say the hammer is a sculptor's mallet, and the blade is a sculptor's chisel: that each stroke is a refinement, a perfecting, a discovery of truth and beauty within what would otherwise be blank and lifeless stone.
And I name this saying wisdom.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

AK - I was actually planning on Saturday morning/early afternoon. I will have to check to see what's up. The little sis mentioned possibly doing something else for Halloween this year, but she's unsure. I will check with her and 32 and let you know a.s.a.p. what is up.
The situation is like this, though - Trick-or-Treating is from 6-8:00, I believe. It takes me an hour to get to Paul and Meri's and will take 3 hours to get to your house and 3 hours return, which would not get us all back to Paul & Meri's until 3 a.m. at the earliest. If the sis decides not to trick or treat, after all, Friday night might be feasible, but if so, it's gonna have to remain Saturday. Hope that's okay. Like I said, I'll check and let ya know asap.
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

Jaded and I will be heading up saturday morning after we wake up.

So expect us mid afternoon

Deev: I still have some 1800 sitting in the freezer for your next visit. ;)
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
sinsual

Post by sinsual »

I am still attending and it looks like I am still leaving on Friday, Possibly with fresh inkwork just to make things interesting for the drive. See you there!
www.evieshope.com
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Well, looks like I might be making it after all. Hopefully. :/
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Sweetness!

And the good news continues, the weather forecast for Friday and Saturday calls for highs in the mid 60's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is fucking awesome, the flip side is a chance of light showers. Still goodness.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

60's? What's that in real measurements?

*Goes off to check the converter thingy*
The 86 Rules of Boozing

Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

farenheit, so whatever bloody metric conversion works mate. :D
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

It's like 15 or 18 celcius. You'll like it, nice and balmy.
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Oh yay! Let's hope the forecast stays the same through the week. That would rock!
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Okay: 32 and Teja will be leaving at 10am Sat. to go get ak404. We will return at about 3pm. Guys: any problems with this for either of you, let me know as soon as possible. Otherwise, that's the plan. :)
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Serious Paul wrote:farenheit, so whatever bloody metric conversion works mate. :D
roughly: ( F - 30 ) / 2 = C