Another Bonfire, this one is for real.

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Serious Paul
Devil

Another Bonfire, this one is for real.

Post by Serious Paul »

Your invited. On the Saturday after Halloween, at my home we are planning a bon fire and BBQ. Thats Saturday November 1st, however I have from the 30th thru the following Monday off so you can show anytime you want.

What you will need:

A sleeping device-blankets whatever
A tent if you don't like the bright star light-we have no space inside, but acres of outdoors space
A good attitude

We'll work out details as we go, and as I figure out who is intrested.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

I'm there.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Monkeys and Coconuts.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Wut?
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

*displays wutchuck*
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Wut?
Exactly.
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

BBG-age. I'm there. Just a suggestion/curiousity, Paul. Halloween party? LIke costumes and shit? Just for shits and giggles.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay more details:

We have plenty of wood waiting to be burned, a nice pit to burn it in, and a huge yard to play around with. We plan on doing hotdogs and hamburgers, maybe more depending on what happens-last time we had so much left over food it wasn't funny. It is definitely bring your own booze, but you can get smashed out here with out fear of problems, we have few neighbors, fewer that will care.

Some guys from work and their spouses will be showing Saturday night, and we haven't made any plans for anything-what ever happens happens.

We have one bedroom, so sleeping in the house is pretty much impossible. So tents, and sleeping bags are a must, unless you fancy sleeping with naked Paul, or in your car.

Spread the word everyone is invited, its for no real reason, just because.
sinsual
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by sinsual »

If I am not in school at that time and still on the East side I will swing by definately. If I am on the westside (see post in SST about to be written) and not in school or working I will definately see what I can pull off. (fly there instead of drive type thing).
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie
Location: Stuck to the grate right outside the sewage treatment plant.

Post by Toon »

Must make sure to attend...

Must make certain of tent status...

Must avoid nekkid Paul...
_There are some who say that Time is itself a hammer: that each slow second marks another tap that makes big rocks into little rocks, waterfalls into canyons, cliffs into beaches.
There are some who say that Time is instead a blade. They see the dance of its razored tip, poised like a venomous snake, forever ready to slay faster than the eye can see.
And there are some who say that Time is both hammer and blade.
They say the hammer is a sculptor's mallet, and the blade is a sculptor's chisel: that each stroke is a refinement, a perfecting, a discovery of truth and beauty within what would otherwise be blank and lifeless stone.
And I name this saying wisdom.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Slowly getting the yard ready for the big day, definitely bring a tent if you plan to stay the night. Last time Kain, 32, Ice and Sludig I think it was helped me figure out the one we had... What memories... :lol
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

OK, Paul, you live in Michigan. What part? I might be interested in coming around just to meet some bulldrekkers for the first time.

[EDIT] Hm...does anyone live in or around the Oakland-Wayne County area, perhaps near Detroit, Royal Oak, Warren or Troy? I don't have a car, but I'd really like to see you guys.
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Bull
Tasty Human

Post by Bull »

I plan to try and attend. :]

Bull
Bull's Place at Dumpshock!

"Order is Illusion! Chaos is Bliss! Got any Fours?"
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Shite. I have no tent. Course, providing it's not pouring rain, I'd prefer to sleep in the bed of my truck under the stars anyways. But...hmm. I'll figure it out. I can probably borrow one at the last minute if the weather forecast decides to turn evil on me.
Paul: Is there anything you'd like me to bring (other than the books)? I can provide food, or soda or whatever. You just name the item, I'll take care of it. No reason you and Meri should have to foot the entire bill.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

No reason you and Meri should have to foot the entire bill
Yes there is.... give me a little bit, and I'll think of one. :D
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

I'm bringing stuff, too. See if I can get some cheap steaks, or something. Remember...I do work at a steakhouse. :) I can probably get some burgers, too.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I'm bringing stuff, too. See if I can get some cheap steaks, or something. Remember...I do work at a steakhouse. I can probably get some burgers, too.
I have a Sam's Club membership. I can probably pick up half a ton or so cheaply. Though I'd need partial reimbursment.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Nice...I left my self with several days off towards the end of the year, and I already have off Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday every week. 4 days free to use, which means I don't have to concern myself with work, and that means I could plan on a leisurely drive. Additionally, I'd have the days prior to that weekend free, which means I'm feeling like perhaps, as soon as my days off are confirmed, I'll begin working on an SR game that I'll run. ph33r.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Bringing food is a welcome sight. Meri will grill whatever you bring, so if you bring it we will eat it! So far by my best estimate at least 10 to 20 people from my work are attending, and at least that many bulldrekkers. So any extras is a welcome addition.

This of course depending on whom can appear, and who can't. Everyone is welcome.

For those who are intrested 3278 will definitely be attendence as of our last talk yesterday.

Remember booze is a bring your own, but out here things are way away from anything, and we won't have any prying eyes.

Now my address has slightly changed so PM me for my address, I will give you that and my phone number.

We have dick for space here, but after talking to Meri we can open the upstairs up, which is unheated (No vent work) and well to be honest not so clean, and not so uninhabited by pest like creatures for any soul brave enough to dare it.

Otherwise you sleep in your car,a tent or whatever you devise. Definitely have some warm clothes with you-Winter up here can be a bitch, but last few years October November has been mild.

SR game you say???? Coolness.

Oh and I will be drinking, for the first time this year. The guys from work want me to be flabbered pretty hard, so be forewarned.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Why is it I fear a drunken Paul? :crack
Heh.

Alright, I'm laying claim to hot dogs, buns, and my own beer. Maybe a couple 2-liters or something as well, for anyone who fears the beers.

If you think of anything else in particular though - Paul or Meri - just drop me a message on here or pm. I can hook us all up. Just say the word.
sinsual

Post by sinsual »

Depending on my itinerary I may need someone to pick me up from the airport in order to attend. I will know by the end of this week where I will be staying as of the end of October whether it will still be DE or if it will be AZ. If its DE drive is no worries, if it is AZ then it will definately be a plane ride.
www.evieshope.com
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

If you're flying into G.R., no prob for me to pick you up, I like like 20 minutes away, and work about 5 minutes away.

And if there's any grilling need done, I'll volunteer. I only do it for a living. ;)
sinsual

Post by sinsual »

Cool Bish i will check into it when I get back to DE. This post and the last post brought to you by Holiday inn Phoenix AZ...Like I said I will know where I will be on Friday and will be able to figure out road details. Either flying or driving.
www.evieshope.com
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

We are so in.

So Paul, could I get the number for that...interesting hotel we stayed at last time?

-Josh
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Intresting Motel : 989-831-4708
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Barring some sort of disaster, I will definitely be there. I'll also give Paul a hand cleaning the upstairs of at least the more troublesome pests. It's likely to be /really/ cold up here by that time, so we'll see if maybe we can't wing some sort of heating system, too. Anyway, we'll do what we can to make as much of the inside inhabitable as possible, and maybe see if something can't be done to make a larger portion of the outside suitable for group sleeping. Maybe I could build some kind of laser heating device... :wideeyes
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

First off, god please don't. The laser system, that is. The hair on the back of my neck rose when I read that.

Second of all, in your new avatar..is that Meisha?
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

I'd just like to at this time register my deep seething hatred for all that are able to attend the bonfire. Ferking Atlantic. Much with the hating. :)
3278 wrote:Maybe I could build some kind of laser heating device... :wideeyes
Lets not overengineer things. Long extension cord to a plug downstairs, space heater and a few bucks for electricity should do the trick. Besides which, lets net blow up Paulie's house eh?

Although some sort of laser system for starting the fire and barbecue would be muchly cool. Especially if you were able to get video of it. Extra points for intensity and distance you can start the fires away from the site. :)

Edit: Oh and it'd have to have flashly lights and some kind of zinging noise when it fired. It's in the by-laws or something I think. ;)
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Flak: Last BBQ...from what I'm hearing...Bulldrekkers nearly blew themselves up...in other words, a tree took the brunt of violence.
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
sinsual

Post by sinsual »

hey FLak it looks like I might be driving up from here, I could pick you up in NEW YORK but you would have to figure out how to get back to NEW YORK from Paul's since I will be driving from there to Pheonix.
www.evieshope.com
Nekekami
Tasty Human

Post by Nekekami »

The word has just come in. 4x4 time will be representing...though it won't be quite the same without Flak there to back me up with a lovely English "Complete dirty whore" or three. But you read it here, correct and first folks, the Bulldrek Priest will be in da house. And I'll have from the Wednesday that week of the BBQ to the following Wednesday free and will be in the Lansing area for most of that time when not at the BBQ. Time to figure out exact plans and see who else I can meet up with.[/img]
_Do not confuse luck with skill. - Terence Wei (Kenneth Tsang), The Replacement Killers
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

w00t!

Kick ass

So are we doing a SR game again, or just drinking copious amounts of alcohol?
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

Looks like I'll be there. Woo!
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

FlameBlade wrote:Flak: Last BBQ... from what I'm hearing... Bulldrekkers nearly blew themselves up... in other words, a tree took the brunt of violence.
And this is meant to make me feel better about not going? Feh.

Although it would be fun to just book a flight on the spur of the moment. :)
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Damn. Paul, Meri, Bishop, 3278, IC, Jaded, Teja, Nekekami, sin, Jeff, Moo, Jim, Toon, Bull, ak404 - (forgive me if I'm forgetting anyone) - damn...this is getting to be quite the little Gathering. :D
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Exactly. Hhmm, you know, I do still have some time off and some cash coming from the accident. :/
The 86 Rules of Boozing

MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Well then what are ya doing contemplating silly man! ;) I mean, how many more great B's can you get...BBQ, Burgers, Buns, Bishop, BigJim, Beer, Bulldrekkers, Bullshittin', - what more can you ask for? lol If you can make it man, it's gonna be a good time.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

I think I can bring a portable heater and a sleeping bag, but I'm still carless (and thanks to our wonderful economy, unemployed). Can anyone offer a lift? I'll fork over as much as I can afford for gas.
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

Umm...where?
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Exactly. Hhmm, you know, I do still have some time off and some cash coming from the accident.
Dude, fly into Chicago and you can Road trip with Jim and I. :D
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

You know, that might actually be possible. If I were to, what time are you guys heading out/coming back?
The 86 Rules of Boozing

Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Bishop wrote:Umm...where?
To Paul's. :cute

:D
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

Van Der Litreb
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Van Der Litreb »

:mad
\m/
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

Bishop wrote:Umm...where?
I suppose you're asking me. I live in Troy, the "rich" part of Oakland County, which is about 20 or so miles away from Detroit.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

MissTeja wrote:Damn. Paul, Meri, Bishop, 3278, IC, Jaded, Teja, Nekekami, sin, Jeff, Moo, Jim, Toon, Bull, ak404 - (forgive me if I'm forgetting anyone) - damn...this is getting to be quite the little Gathering. :D
Nekekami is Jeff if I didn't make that clear before Teja. Just accidently posted under one of my gaming accounts. ;)

Sheesh...the four-four time didn't give it away? Let me refresh your memory.

*watches Teja run away screaming at the horror of having to view the four-four time again*

Another satisfied customer. :D
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

You know, that might actually be possible. If I were to, what time are you guys heading out/coming back?
Well you'd actually have to check with Jim on that, as he's driving. In fact, you'd probably better make sure there would in fact be room. It's probably very rude of me to offer room in someone elses car, so I'll go kill myself now or something. :D
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Jeff Hauze wrote:Sheesh...the four-four time didn't give it away?
It sturck me as peculiar, but I wasn't sure. Now I'm off to the color of my face. :aww
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

Flak wrote:You know, that might actually be possible. If I were to, what time are you guys heading out/coming back?
Erm...leaving Chicago sometime early Saturday, getting back sometime late Sunday. That's about as specific as I can be at this point. And yes, there would be room - I have room for one more besides Flak if any Chicago-area people are interested.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.