[GenCon 2003] Hotel Options

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

[GenCon 2003] Hotel Options

Post by Big Jim »

My friend and I are planning on heading to GenCon again this year. I was supposed to handle to travel, he was going to handle the housing. One week before, we have tickets but nowhere to stay. A quick look on expedia.com shows me that pretty much everything downtown is full up. The best I can come up with is an airport hotel for $60 a night. Are there better options out there that I'm just missing? I'm going to wait and see what people say, then go ahead and get that hotel room this weekend.

EDIT: I should be clearer. When I say better, I mean closer to the Convention hall, without paying $150 a night.
Last edited by Big Jim on Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

If you don't mind sharing a room - hit Bull up at bull@dumpshock.com - I think some of the FanPro GM rooms have space.
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

Will do. Thanks, Adam. I'm not really looking for a place to crash, though. Maybe last minute cancellations or something. I don't think what I'm hoping for really exists.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.