Hey wait, who's from Michigan?

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Hey wait, who's from Michigan?

Post by ak404 »

I've noticed quite a few posters are from the Rosy Palm state, like 32, Marius, and (I think) Ancient History. Any others? Any in the Tri-County area?
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Paul is from Michigan. Instant Cash and Jaded are from Chicago. So is MooCow. Nigga JP is from Michigan, MissTeja is from Michigan.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Bish is in Michigan as well, trying to cut down on the tree population.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Tri County? Saginaw-Midland-BayCity? Or Holland-Muskegon-Grand Rapids? Or Detroit and anywhere with in a hundred miles of Detroit?

Michigan Bulldrekkers I personally know:

Buddhist Punk
Bishop
Uncle Joeseph
MissTeja
Meri
Nigga JP
H
Kill Your Friends
Epsilon

There are a few others, a Nightshadow I think it was, who was from GR but rarely posts, and at least one account I am unsure of who it is.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Nightshadow is Wildfire's SO.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

and to think I'm going to visit Grand Rapids...in August :)
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Flame, dude! Let us know if it happens. BD-Mich Schindig. Woot :)
ak404 - Yeah, depending upon which Tri-Cities you were referring to there could be a couple of us but it depends on if you mean the greater GR or Sag Tri-Cities.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

On negative side...I'll be spending time with my girlfriend...all of the time :)
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

Yeah, I guess that shows how completely out-of-touch I am with those region-specific idioms. I doubt any of you own a tactical nuke, so I live in Oakland County. :D
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Ak404, do you use your hands to describe which city you're from in Michigan?
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

Nope, why?
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Obviously, you didn't grow up in Michigan, or that is, in the eastern section, out of the loop.

I learned a lot of...tricks and secrets that Michiganers know to detect who is really from Michigan or not.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

So is MooCow.
Lies!! All Lies!! He's crazy I tell you... CRAZY!!!
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

DV8 wrote:Paul is from Michigan. Instant Cash and Jaded are from Chicago. So is MooCow. Nigga JP is from Michigan, MissTeja is from Michigan.
Oh sure, I see how it is... you got your "I'm Not Gay" hug and you just forget all about us. :cry
Marius
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Marius »

I've noticed quite a few posters are from the Rosy Palm state, like 32, Marius, and (I think) Ancient History. Any others? Any in the Tri-County area?
I'm from Michigan?
There is then a need to guard against a temptation to overstate the economic evils of our own age, and to ignore the existence of similar, or worse, evils in earlier ages. Even though some exaggeration may, for the time, stimulate others, as well as ourselves, to a more intense resolve that the present evils should no longer exist, but it is not less wrong and generally it is much more foolish to palter with truth for good than for a selfish cause. The pessimistic descriptions of our own age, combined with the romantic exaggeration of the happiness of past ages must tend to setting aside the methods of progress, the work of which, if slow, is yet solid, and lead to the hasty adoption of others of greater promise, but which resemble the potent medicines of a charlatan, and while quickly effecting a little good sow the seeds of widespread and lasting decay. This impatient insincerity is an evil only less great than the moral torpor which can endure, that we with our modern resources and knowledge should look contentedly at the continued destruction of all that is worth having. There is an evil and an extreme impatience as well as an extreme patience with social ills.
Kwyndig
Grand Marshall of the Imperium
Location: The Orbiting Volcano Lair, high above the surface of Bulldrek

Post by Kwyndig »

That kind of surprised me too. Didn't you know?
kwyndig@yahoo.com This sig for rent, reasonable rates
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

don't look at me. I'm not from any of the midwestern states, I just happen to live in Chicago.
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Theres another Nightshadow guy thats from GR that isn't Wildfires SO.

Marius:Thats why you aren't on my list.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

oops, double post
Last edited by ak404 on Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

FlameBlade wrote:Obviously, you didn't grow up in Michigan, or that is, in the eastern section, out of the loop.

I learned a lot of...tricks and secrets that Michiganers know to detect who is really from Michigan or not.
I guess I've just been out of the loop because I've lived here for more than 20 years, FB. :D
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Post by WillyGilligan »

And to prove my status as an honorary Michigonian (I preferred Michigander, but they tell me it's changed now, so I can't say that what's good for the Michigoose is good for the Michigander anymore. Maybe it's for the best), but anyway. My wife is from the thumb, in an area where the Amish grow like wildflowers. So I'm usually hanging around there or near the Canadian border visiting relatives about once a year. I actually thought about looking up some bulldrekkers while I was out there this last time, but checking out of my father-in-law's funeral to go meet up with people I've never seen in real life before seemed a bit rude.
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

Oh, and I'm learning the "hand thing." Mostly I was wondering who was from Michigan in the hopes I could get with a gaming group, but what the hey.