Indy Eateries

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Indy Eateries

Post by FlakJacket »

Know it might be a bit early in the year, but since I don't know how many- if any- of you are on the RN list, thought I'd post this list of a number of Indy's restaurants and bars. It's mostly places near or around the Con Centre with commentary on some of the places he's been from the author.

Edit: Not sure if Daki is making it this year, but the Mikado Japanese Restaurant certainly looks like his kind of thing. :roll
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Requires soomething I don't have to view, but as long as its still there, so taking a trip to Sakura japanese restaurant and not ordering in Japanese this time :)
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Wildfire wrote:Requires soomething I don't have to view)
Really? I know I get a little thing saying it uses characters that I don't have and starts dl'ing but I just click cancel for that and it works fine.

Edit: It seems that the top page or so has been left blank for some reason. Scroll down and you should find the text starting about a page/page and a half down. That any help?
Last edited by FlakJacket on Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Ah, yes, it loads now. Personally, Buca di Beppos is a ton of fun, I haven't been to any of the others :) Willing to go another five miles though, and you can get BJ's Mongolian Barbeque which is great :)
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Oh yeah. Bucca di Beppo is fan-damn-tabulous. And their tiramisu is enough to make you wonder if you really should be driving so soon afterward....

Oh, and that top of the page? Why it worked on my Mac and not on any else's machine I don't know, but it's a map of the mile or so around the convention center. Embassy Suites are 2 blocks away!! YAY!
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

In Indy I have been to both Bucca de Beppo and The Slippery Noodle.

The first one, like Thorn said, is good. THey giive you a fuckload of food.

The other is a damn cool blues bar just south of downtown. It still has the original bar from the 1800's. THey say it is the oldest bar still around, but whatever it is, it's got good tunes and good drinks.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim