Available for a Micro-Gathering

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Available for a Micro-Gathering

Post by Jeff Hauze »

I call it a Micro-Gathering, because I'm a freaking dwarf...I hate the term Mini. :P

Seriously though, for any who may be in the area, I'll be up in Lansing, Michigan, from March 21st to March 26th to visit my sister. This doesn't mean that I'll have places necessarily for people to crash, but for anyone who happens to be within day-trip distance, perhaps we can arrange something. Email's available, and I can distribute some contact numbers if need be.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

*Teja hrmms*

A "Micro"-Gathering in Lansing...this could produce some possibilities....
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Yeah, considering how 50000 of bulldrekkers are from Michigan lately...
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Dude, you're, like the Anti-Hero of Timing. I'd love to come, and it's about time I see you again, too. But I really can't make it. :(
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

oooo.... mini Gathering.... We talking like a weekend party type thing?
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Y'all suck. :(
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

/me ponders.

Why don't you drive by on the way over and pick me up, Jeff? :)
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Jestyr wrote:Y'all suck. :(
Seconded.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Thirded.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Fourthed.
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Er, anti-seconded? I'll be there the weekend of the 22nd Jeff, I kindly have the use of Paul's couch for a few days :) Looking forward to it, as I will need recovery from the bridal shower I'm attending the previous weekend :)
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Liniah »

I might be able to swing that. I'll have to see how my work schedule is.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

So - possibly Jeff, Teja, Moo, Adam, Wild, Lin - maybe Paul 'n Meri if they swung down with Wild, Others...Cool.
Are we talking about something maybe on that Saturday? Or is there any certain day(s) in that 21st to the 26th bracket that would work better than the others?
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Any of those days are fine with me, although the Saturday would be best.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

I should be heading home that Sunday or Monday in all honesty (23rd/24th?) so Saturday or Friday night and Saturday would be great.
_
"Are you alright?"
Adam

Post by Adam »

Sam will be in Guelph with me until the 22nd. While I would like to say "We'll drive down on the 21st and wuffle a bunch of you!" we have some other travel planned, so I'm not sure how feasible it would be.

The next week I'll be back at work, so my attendance is looking doubtful with a capital D.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

I think a lot of us are in driving distance but for anyone curious, the EconoLodge in Lansing has rooms starting at $45. For the ritzer styles, rooms at the Raddison starts at $139.50.
saturday would be best for me too. Though Friday or Sunday would work just fine too.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Well, I'll note two things. I'd prefer to pick one day and go with that, as I am there, after all to see my sister and my relatively newly born nephew. (As the only real male in his life, I do have a responsibility to make sure he understands how to spit a loogie.) I'd prefer Saturday to be honest. I'll post some more details when I get home, and see if I can find a decent place to hang at, as my sister's place is out of the question. And Earl knows, my sister recommends horrible places to go, that allow no smoking.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

MissTeja wrote:So - possibly Jeff, Teja, Moo, Adam, Wild, Lin - maybe Paul 'n Meri if they swung down with Wild, Others...Cool.
Are we talking about something maybe on that Saturday? Or is there any certain day(s) in that 21st to the 26th bracket that would work better than the others?
Jeff is a definite, by the way. ;) I'm kind of the one who suggested the idea. :P

Little more info to think about...for anyone who does know the area, suggestions for a place to meet (and if Grand Rapids has some more options for that than Lansing, we could of course meet someplace there instead) and spend some time hanging out are definitely appreciated. I'd like to try to get as much organized as possible to avoid having to have tons of strange Bulldrekkers calling my sister's house. I love you folks and all, but I'm not so sure my sister would. Hell, she barely likes me. :D

Like I said, I'll be checking into some places with my sister to see what's around and feasible. I'll mention two notes though for reference...wherever we go, I'll much prefer to have a smoking area. If there is great objection to this point, understood, but I'll make my opinion known now. Additionally, if any carpooling needs to be done (and I'm willing to pick up Wild or other folks from hotels in the nearby area if need be), know that my car is a smoking vehicle and I'll not smoke if someone minds, the scent of smoke will most definitely be present.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Any of you other Chicago Drekkers interested in this? I'd be all for it, except for the fact it's on the order of a 3 hour drive.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Whatever's cool with me Jeff, so long as I can't see a fog bank of smoke, I should be okay for the most part :) I'll have my car as well, but its a non smoking car, and more than 2 is uncomfortable, so it would probably be best to hitch a ride with someone.

I think Saturday would probably be best for a logistics point of view, with the went stuff is open and making sure people have places to crash and all.
_
"Are you alright?"
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Damnit Jeff.... Whirlyball is on the 22nd. Decisions, decisions......
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

Once we decide on a date, preferably within a couple days, I can get it off work. I"d like to meet some of you crazy bastards.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Jeff Hauze wrote:
MissTeja wrote:So - possibly Jeff, Teja, Moo, Adam, Wild, Lin - maybe Paul 'n Meri if they swung down with Wild, Others...Cool.
Jeff is a definite, by the way. ;) I'm kind of the one who suggested the idea. :P
I know that. :D I meant "Possibly" as in reference to a group. 22nd would work best for myself as well. I am a (sorta) local so I would not require any transportation.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

MooCow wrote:Damnit Jeff.... Whirlyball is on the 22nd. Decisions, decisions......
l'm cooler than Whirlyball, but I wouldn't expect a silly cow from Chicago to know that the Redneck Hick Fat PA Dutchman is that cool. :D :p :cool

Okay, on a more serious note...what the hell is Whirlyball?

Moo: Liniah may be coming, she's waiting to see if there are any possible places to crash, which I should have that information for her by Wednesday evening at the latest. Just waiting to see if the last little space on my sister's floor is available and whether my sister will mind.

Bishop: 22nd pretty much sounds like the date. I know from my end, I really don't see any other day working.

Earl: I think we can definitely note that Trav's Club is out...I don't think we could handle the not smoking...and I'm damn sure they can't handle MooCow. I can just see the hippy waiters now, flipping out about the guy dressed like a cow. Any suggestions for a place to hit?
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Okay, on a more serious note...what the hell is Whirlyball?
www.whirlyball.com It is one of the coolest games around. I still say we need to get a micro gathering here in chicago and take Bulldrekkers there.
Earl: I think we can definitely note that Trav's Club is out...I don't think we could handle the not smoking...and I'm damn sure they can't handle MooCow. I can just see the hippy waiters now, flipping out about the guy dressed like a cow. Any suggestions for a place to hit?
Ok... if you look at the Pics from when Teja and I went to Bar Chicago, you'll note that I don't always dress like a cow. :D

I'd say hitting a dance club would good, if we can all agree on a club type. I suspect that's a no though.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

MooCow wrote:I'd say hitting a dance club would good, if we can all agree on a club type. I suspect that's a no though.
Sorry Moo, my mistake. The Traveler's Club is the last place Earl and I met in Lansing, on the recommendation of my sister. It's a very small restaurant with a rather snobbish crew of waiters there. (Hey, it's Lansing, filled with people who serve meat in restaurants but condemn your soul fo eating meat or buying grapes, and generally cause the police to break out the tear gas, literally.) It's more of a joke really, as my sister didn't really give the thought to the people who would be going to this place, just recommended it due to the fact that she and her friends like it. She knows me fairly well, and recommends a place to me (and Earl, by extension) that one...bans smoking....and is known for its sprout sandwich. She's my sister, but damn she's wifty at times.

As for dance clubs...I guess, though I have no clue if there is even a club in Lansing. I'm not really a club person, but if that's the vote, so be it. I don't dance, I don't sing, I don't even shift my hips, but I can drink half-decently, smoke damn smoothly, and I'll gladly start a pit. Mmmm...pits in clubs.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

MooCow wrote:I'd say hitting a dance club would good, if we can all agree on a club type. I suspect that's a no though.
But of course the question would be, would you actually dance or just all hang round the edges with your backs to the wall like a bunch of teenagers? :p
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

As for dance clubs...I guess, though I have no clue if there is even a club in Lansing. I'm not really a club person, but if that's the vote, so be it. I don't dance, I don't sing, I don't even shift my hips, but I can drink half-decently, smoke damn smoothly, and I'll gladly start a pit. Mmmm...pits in clubs.
Well sounds like that's out then. Hopefully I'll get my dance crave satisfied friday night, so I should be fine. I won't feel the need to dress like a cow and dance on the tables in a hippy bar. :D

So what other things are there to do in Lansing?
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

FlakJacket wrote:But of course the question would be, would you actually dance or just all hang round the edges with your backs to the wall like a bunch of teenagers? :p
The answer to that for me, would be yes.
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Jeff Hauze wrote:She's my sister, but damn she's wifty at times.
What in god's name is 'wifty'? :)
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

You know, the number between worty-wine and wifty-won? Looks like Jestyr hasn't had enough scooby snacks.
Chocolate sauce on a buttery nipple. *Bliss*
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Jestyr wrote:What in god's name is 'wifty'? :)
Wifty=air-headed/lacking common sense. Wow, I really thought that was a more universal term. Learn something new everyday. :)
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Jeff Hauze wrote:Learn something new everyday.
Yeah. Never play cards with a man who's named after a city. Like "Sidney" or "Vegas" or something. :mad
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Eliahad wrote:You know, the number between worty-wine and wifty-won? Looks like Jestyr hasn't had enough scooby snacks.

:lol Forget her Eli. Marry me!
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

There is a great and powerful force in that boy Eliahad. But we do not yet know if it is for the good or the evil of Comedy.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Liniah »

Actually, Jeffrey, I was waiting to see if I had to work. It turns out I do. I work 10-6 Mon, 5-'end' Wed-Sat, and 3-'end' on Sunday. So, I guess I can't make it. Sucks, but what am I gonna do. Have fun guys.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Adam

Post by Adam »

You mean in New Brunswick; it varies between provinces.

http://www.ccsa.ca/drkage.htm

Code: Select all

Province 	Current legal age 	Former legal age 	Date of change
Newfoundland 	19 	21 	25 July 1972
Prince Edward Island 	19 	18 	1 July 1987
Nova Scotia 	19 	21 	13 April 1971
New Brunswick 	19 	21 	1 August 1972
Québec 	18 	20 	July 1972
Ontario 	19 	18 	1 January 1979
Manitoba 	18 	21 	1 August 1970
Saskatchewan 	19 	18 	1 September 1976
Alberta 	18 	21 	1 April 1971
British Columbia 	19 	21 	15 April 1970
Yukon 	19 	21 	February 1970
Northwest Territories 	19 	21 	15 July 1970
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

So...... Any one figure out if there is anything to do in Lansing?
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

So, seeming that the 22nd is in 4 days - any definites and finalities on if/when this schindig is happening?
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

I've been...indisposed the last few days. I'll get some information posted tomorrow.
Ryan Murphy
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by Ryan Murphy »

I would also reccomend that no one try to decipher that while drinking, either ;)
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Okay, here's the info as it goes. For those coming in from the outlying areas, I'll need some kind of timeframe on when you plan to arrive. The information I have from my sister, such as it is, goes as follows. I requested information for a moderately priced dining establishment that can easily seat 10 people (seemed like a good max number to me), tolerates a rather loud crowd with several members who like to smoke. She only gave me two responses. I don't make any promises on how these places are compared to my sister's description. Sadly, the perfect place for us to meet, Bilbo's, has closed in recent months. Nothing better than a bar model roughly after Bag End, with some decent food, a rather loud environment, with what was formerly a hell of an arcade just across the street. Sadly, a few drive-by shootings seemed to put business on the downswing. Anyway, I'll quote my sister for the restaurant descriptions.

Restaurants

1. Falsettas Casa Nova Restaurant & Lounge - "A nice Italian place, a place you can wear something relatively nice, dress casual really, and have a good meal at a moderate price. A quieter place, but they'll accomadate larger groups, so long as you don't act like an idiot." - Of course, she didn't provide any information on parking. - 138 South Waverly Road Lansing MI 48917

2. Barleys American Outpost - "A decent general American cuisine place, it's relatively small, but it's the kind of place you could sit around for a while." - 727 East Miller Road Lansing MI 48911

That's all I got from her. I'm trying to get some information for an easy place for us to meet, but she's currently in transit back home from Chi-Town. Hopefully, by tomorrow afternoon, I'll have a post up for an easy place for us to meet, and you folks can give me a time. I can find a decent place for us to go from there, when I get up there Friday. I'll be in Lansing on Friday morning, and in trasit to there from roughly 11 pm Thursday until sometime Friday morning. More tomorrow.

My apologies on the delay, but I won't waste the time explaining why now. I'll see whoever can make it Saturday.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Another place I recommend is Beggar's Banquet, on campus in East Lansing. I went there once, and the food and atmosphere were definately good. What I don't remember is the prices. Jeff, could you get your sister to check for me?

In any case, I'll be there Saturday. w00t!
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Try this,32...it also has the menu, with prices.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Beggar's Banquet was recommended, and I recall that the price's weren't bad. I was there last September/August, whenever it was I visited Chateau de Tyler. The reason I didn't mention it was dealing with the campus situation. The campus is going to be rather busy this weekend, and parking will be a bit of a mess due to the number of protests they are likely to be having. I'll get some more info, but my sister is slow to respond, unfortunately. I'll hope to have some more info tonight after work, before I leave, if not, you can reach me via email folks. I'll try to get a number out where you can reach me as soon as I have it. For those who are coming, any idea on a timeframe yet? Would around 3 pm work?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Thank you, Dennis. That's the thing I was /way/ too lazy to do. :)

3pm would be fine for me; just let me know when and where, and I'll be there.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

3278 wrote:3pm would be fine for me; just let me know when and where, and I'll be there.
*Teja nods* Same here, man.