Available for a Micro-Gathering

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Hi from Paul and Meri's :) Survey says 3pm is good, though Paul will have to leave for work. I'm sure someone who lives here has a phone number, I don't. I'm also sure someone who lives here has a clue how to get there, wherever there turns out to be, as well.
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

The rest of us need pictures!
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Cash wrote:The rest of us need pictures!
I have a camera I am planning on bringing. I plan on being on the other side of the lens a bit more this time. :p
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Okay, still no response from my sister. Hopefully we'll be having some more information by the time I get home from work, if not, I'll try to get some info posted as soon as I arrive Friday morning. Should we perhaps just plan on meeting at the Beggar's Banquet at 3 pm? I'll still try to get a better meeting place posted, but as I said, she's not the fastest at responding. Additionally, Wild, if you want to pass the word along, if earlier would work better, check with Paul and post a time back up. I'm flexible on time, I just thought later would be better for the folks coming from Chi-Town area. And Wild, if you need a ride from Paul's place, since he may drive separately, let me know, via PM or email.

As for pictures, I'll have a camera. Maybe I'll finally get an updated picture posted to the Archive with the short BroJ hair instead of the mangy mane I had at the Gathering, of which of course, there can be only one.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I'm flexible on time, I just thought later would be better for the folks coming from Chi-Town area
Was anyone else making the drive? I thought at this point I was the only one considering it? I'm still not sure, as it requires lots of driving.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Hell if I know. You didn't really think I was paying attention to anyone else but you, Moo, did you? You know that a country boy like me only has eyes for the bovines. :roll :D
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

You know that a country boy like me only has eyes for the bovines.
Well I'm all wet now....
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

MooCow wrote:Was anyone else making the drive? I thought at this point I was the only one considering it? I'm still not sure, as it requires lots of driving.
I was considering it, but I can't make it up there this weekend.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

So what are the crash arangments? Is there anywhere to sleep, or am I looking at a hotel room?
I was considering it, but I can't make it up there this weekend.
You suck. :p
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

I don't have a free place to sleep if that's what you're asking Moo. Sorry, but it ain't my house, my bovine love.
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

MooCow wrote:You suck. :p
I thought that's why I was being invited.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Better plan has arrived. We can all meet at my sister's house in Lansing, as it will also allow for easy carpooling if needed, which if we're going to Beggar's Banquet, will be necessary. For those coming (which at the moment, I'm assuming 32, Wild, possible Paul whom Wild can pass the information to, and Teja), I'll be sending an email out in a bit with the address and contact phone number. If earlier would work better for everyone, perhaps we can shoot for 1:00 pm. I'll get that email out in approximately an hour.

Wild, let me know on the ride situation. Hopefully, if we can all make the earlier time frame, Paul can tag along as well.

Email incoming in a bit folks, but I'm on one hell of a slow connection. Moo, I unfortunately don't believe the folks I had hoped would be coming from Chi-Town will be making it. One of them is currently roughing it out in some unnamed sand dunes, Lin's working, and the last one isn't exactly too happy with me at the moment. See you all Saturday.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

MissTeja wrote:
Cash wrote:The rest of us need pictures!
I have a camera I am planning on bringing. I plan on being on the other side of the lens a bit more this time. :p

Moo in front of the camera...Teja in front of the camera... *ponders this* Give Moo the camera. :D
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Ok, just did my taxes. Due to a clerical error my company did not take enough money out. I owe the feds $350. This, combined with various other unexpected expenses, means I can't afford the cost of the Micro-Gathering.

Hope you all have fun. We really need a Micro Gathering in Chicago......
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

MooCow wrote:We really need a Micro Gathering in Chicago......
Perhaps a Whirlyball gathering?
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Liniah »

Jeff Hauze wrote:One of them is currently roughing it out in some unnamed sand dunes, Lin's working, and the last one isn't exactly too happy with me at the moment. See you all Saturday.
*boggle* :conf

Anyway, you all suck. I wanna go. Stupid work. I don't have a day off until Tuesday.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

We shall see you 1sh. Meri and I will be taking my car, and Paul will take his to make things easy as far as time, etc. I have a roll and a half of film to waste so there will be many pictures, I'm sure :)
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Cool. I will plan on 1 myself, as well. I too have lots of film, so we're all good.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Sorry I couldn't make it, everyone. I had urgent-ish family things come up at the last minute. Hope you all had fun without me.