Convention in Upstate NY

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
morganmalachdrim
Tasty Human

Convention in Upstate NY

Post by morganmalachdrim »

I'm thinking of trying to put together some games of Shadowrun for my college's (SUNY Oswego, located in NY State (not the city))Convention May.
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Good for you. :)
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Are you hoping for people to post? Show their intrest? If so, provide more details. I know there are NYers here somewhere.
morganmalachdrim
Tasty Human

Ok, ARCON is going to be held in Oswego NY on the weekend of May 2nd-4th (it's our second year), though the whole thing has almost ground to a halt due to internal politics of the locale gaming sociaty. The organization has over 40 members but alot of us have given up on them and don't go to the meetings (they spend most of the time talking aobut the LARP and fighting about things that happen in the LARP).
<b>______________________________________________</b>

Never let the facts get in the way of a good grudge

DOS is like your basic mafia goon. Not too bright but will do whatever you tell it
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

So is this a LARP con or a general gaming con?

Also, do you have any idea of what you'll be presenting at ARCON - why would we want to come aside from your invitation?
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
morganmalachdrim
Tasty Human

It's a general Con, the only thing is the people "in charge" of it have been so slow this year that we don't even have any GMs signed up to run games yet! I guess what I really want to know is if you guys know of any other Cons in the area that are running shadowrun. The 16 of us who play on campuse are looking for a tourny.

DOS is like your basic mafia goon. Not too bright but will do whatever you tell it
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

My suggestion..... Move to Ohio. Specifically Dayton or Cincinnatti. You'll be about an hour away from where the two "Official" SR Tourneys are held. :D
morganmalachdrim
Tasty Human

I'd love to but I've got too many SR players here who look to me for their fix. I'm currently teaching one of them how to run games just becuase up here at college we (my bud Chris and I) have 14 people who are play. And then theres the gang back home, another 4.

Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

You missed my local con, Genericon, by about a month. There's usually a game (not a tourney, a single game) there. If people decide to do it. It's more an anime con, but gaming happens. Starting... er... today is Noncon, another gaming and anime con out more Hudson-ways. SimCon is coming up at RIT, though I don't know of any SR gaming, per se. Actually, I've never been to that one, whereas I've been to NonCon and I volunteer and know most of the staff for Genericon. I know there're some other players out near Syracuse who might be up for gaming as well, but I couldn't point you at any tourneys, really, other than the major national-type cons. If you don't mind the wait, I can help set up a SR tourney for the next Genericon, though I don't know how many people you'll get for it.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
morganmalachdrim
Tasty Human

sounds good to me, though I don't know were Genericon is held I'm still interested.