We did a little drinking while we were in Prague...

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

We did a little drinking while we were in Prague...

Post by Liniah »

..and I found out that Jan is /hardcore/. :D
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Dennis
Bulldrekker

Post by Dennis »

Well, us really cool motherfuckers already knew that! :p
<iframe align="left" height="45" frameborder="0" name="deevsig" src="http://www.wiredreflexes.com/sig/wrx/wrx.html" width="100%"></iframe>
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

What? No scanned receipt?

Cazmonster waits to see the internet corrupted yet again.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Van Der Litreb
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Van Der Litreb »

Caz, I'm almost sorry to say this, but Prague is every beer drinker's heaven. The Czech make the best beer I've ever tasted, no doubt about that. To top it off, pub prices on a pint of that sweet, sweet, golden beer range from 60 to 80 US cents.

So, really, the reason we haven't posted any receipts is that it would only make you cry. :)
\m/
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

I know that Eliahad drank a LOT when he was in Czech long time ago...
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Liniah »

Everything is cheap there. Now, I didn't price any fancy vodka, but a bottle of Smirnof that would run you 18 USD before taxes in Chicago would run you about a total of 11 USD in Prague, IIRC.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

Go to Brno, prices are even less. I swear, 80 cents? Gah, that's expensive, get out of the tourist trap :)
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Damn, that's like what Lewis Black says about drinking in Wisconsin.

"It's like the Czech nation has a EU grant for drinking. You can catch flight from the states, drink all weekend long, and still save money over New York."
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Dennis
Bulldrekker

Post by Dennis »

Daki wrote:Hrm... I'll bet they would have Star Of Russia in poland...
Poland...the only place you can go to with 3 Zlotych and come back with 2 Zlotych and a wife.
<iframe align="left" height="45" frameborder="0" name="deevsig" src="http://www.wiredreflexes.com/sig/wrx/wrx.html" width="100%"></iframe>
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Funny you should say that Dennis... A friend of mine went to Poland for three weeks over the holidays. He took $200 US with him and came back with $25 US... and the plan to apply for a fiance visa for his girlfriend.
Dennis
Bulldrekker

Post by Dennis »

I did an internship at a company of 80 people, two of which had found their wives in Poland, one of which was blatant about it, and admitted that his wife, from Russia, was all bought and paid for, including her breasts.
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

Because once you've sunk low enough to buy a wife (breasts incl.), you may as well let go of all dignity.

:|

Jesus Christ.
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
Dennis
Bulldrekker

Post by Dennis »

I suppose everyone's situation improves because of it, so I don't see anything necessarily wrong with it. From an ideological point of view, I suppose it's something that doesn't go down well because it's not according the traditional values of loving the person you marry.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

:wideeyes Ye gods!

Thankfully that's not what happened with my friend. He met her while she was working in the US and actually employed her for a while. She actually owns a few businesses in Poland and had to go back to take care of a few things with that.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Dennis wrote:I suppose everyone's situation improves because of it, so I don't see anything necessarily wrong with it. From an ideological point of view, I suppose it's something that doesn't go down well because it's not according the traditional values of loving the person you marry.
Yeah, stupid tradition of emotional attachment. It's just fine if marriage is about dominance and submission, "improving" someone so they fit your expectations, having paid for them so that you own them. Who cares if there's no love, no bliss? She gets to live in a nice house and go shopping a lot, and can always explore "outside options." And he gets a cufflink, and something to have sex with when he wants to, who looks the way he wants her to look and does whatever he tells her to do. Everyone wins.

I don't know about you, but there's only just so far I can go in stepping outside of stupid traditions like loving your wife and treating her as your equal.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

:lol
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Dennis
Bulldrekker

Post by Dennis »

It's not for me, that's for sure...but I suppose it works for some people.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

if I ever find out the latest on how things are going (or not) with my dad's marriage to his Russian mail order bride, I'll be able to make some kind of useful comment.
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

Scowls jealously at Gunny.

My Grandma traveled across the country to go see her one-legged pedophile inmate boyfriend in the state pen for Christmas. Have some.
_No one was ever put in a history book for being a great conformist.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

did I also forget to mention that she's Cash's height, 43, has three sons and looks EXACTLY like my older sister? hmm. yeah, I think I might have left that out.
lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

My grandma's boyfriend has a number of kids (that he knows of) somewhere in the teens (with almost as many mothers), including one that's in the pen with him. (I think that makes us about even...)
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

wow, that sounds like some of the situations on my mom's side of the family. they have a good excuse though, they're true blood rednecks from Arkansas.

*cringe* damn I feel dirty now.
lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

Sprays Gunny with "Redneck Repellent".

There, that'll help.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

*sniff*sniff*

hey, I smell like one of them thar City Slickers!
lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

Looks at back label...

Shit! This thing didn't say anything about causing drawls or lowering IQ...
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

well damnit to hell! .... ya'll!!
lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

Leaves thread, as he expects a Daki-sized asskicking when the Daisy Dukes and pig-tails get busted out.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

I've seen the daisy dukes and pigtails on Gunny and she looks SOOOO cute. But... y'all?!? *Cringe*
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

what??! ya'll is the staple of my grammar diet!!