To Deev, Or Not To Deev...

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

To Deev, Or Not To Deev...

Post by DV8 »

[19:58] Brine: I'm hoping to come to GenCon this year (if money and time allows)
[19:58] ThatDV8: Well, keep an eye on Bulldrek, since there's going to be a bunch of activities around GenCon, like the third Gathering. ;)
[19:58] ThatDV8: The second one just wasn't the same without you.
[19:59] Brine: I still have the message you left for me. :)
[19:59] Brine: We saved it on our answering machine,. :)
[19:59] ThatDV8: I left you a message?
[19:59] Brine: I was so bummed I couldn't make it.
[19:59] Brine: Yeah, you drunk bastard.
[19:59] Brine: :)
[19:59] Brine: At 3:00 in the morning. :)
[19:59] ThatDV8: Hehe...shit, I guess I forgot. :)
[19:59] ThatDV8: I wonder whose phone I stole. :)
[20:00] Brine: Hahahahahaha!
Does anyone remember whose phone I deeved at the Gathering to call Brine?
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Jamie's, IIRC/
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I'm beginning to think it might've been Ice's phone. I don't know who else would've had the number readily available.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I don't think it could be.... I believe he was like me and had no signal.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

I think Marius was the only one out of us that had a signal.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

Actually I had mine turned off in my room the whole time.

Like I would actually turn it on. :D
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Marius
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Marius »

I also had Brine's number saved. I'll check my old phone bills and see if I have the call listed.
There is then a need to guard against a temptation to overstate the economic evils of our own age, and to ignore the existence of similar, or worse, evils in earlier ages. Even though some exaggeration may, for the time, stimulate others, as well as ourselves, to a more intense resolve that the present evils should no longer exist, but it is not less wrong and generally it is much more foolish to palter with truth for good than for a selfish cause. The pessimistic descriptions of our own age, combined with the romantic exaggeration of the happiness of past ages must tend to setting aside the methods of progress, the work of which, if slow, is yet solid, and lead to the hasty adoption of others of greater promise, but which resemble the potent medicines of a charlatan, and while quickly effecting a little good sow the seeds of widespread and lasting decay. This impatient insincerity is an evil only less great than the moral torpor which can endure, that we with our modern resources and knowledge should look contentedly at the continued destruction of all that is worth having. There is an evil and an extreme impatience as well as an extreme patience with social ills.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Well, if so, then I apologise. :)