Minors Medical Release Forms

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
No-Life Loser

Minors Medical Release Forms

Post by 3278 »

We don't have a good list of who on the board that's going to the Gathering is under 18, but the brilliant and medical-minded Thorn reminded us that we should remind everyone of medical releases. In the event you're injured - not that I know how you could be, but meteor impacts and bus crashes happen anywhere - without your parent there, the hospital will need a release from your parents to treat you.

You parents should know what these things are by now, and what the text of it should be. If not, let us know, and I'm sure Thorn-babe can give an example of one.

Look, we don't want to give the impression that this is a dangerous place and thing we'll be doing, but we also don't want any of you getting hurt and not being able to get treatment.

You also /all/ should remember to be carrying contact information. I know a lot of you are flying or driving to get there, and it's important, in the event of an accident, that the authorities know who to call. Those of you who have medical conditions or allergies should remember to bring your bracelets with you, etc.

This is a vacation, and it's going to be fun - or Caz will throw bomb everywhere - but be safe, too.