Travellers Cheques?

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Travellers Cheques?

Post by FlakJacket »

Quick query. For those of us who haven't gone plastic yet, does anyone know if Hayes or a nearby bank/store whatever would be able to cash US dollars travllers cheques so I didn't have to hump round the whole weeks money in cash?

Also, I kinda need an answer in the next nine hours or less since I'm currently in last minute super crisis panic mode. :)
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

In theory, any place that accepts checks will be able to cash the checks. Moreover, American Express claims that their travelers cheques are just like cash.
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

Just make sure you ask at any store or resturant before whipping one out; some stores [most notably gas stations I've noticed, for some fucked up reason] don't take them, or at least say they don't take them since they view them as a hassle.

I signed one before thinking at a gas station in Ohio, and they wouldn't take it. Luckily the next place I spent one at [An Arby's] took it without asking, even though it was already signed. . .

Oh, and at Gencon there's a place right across from the con center that will cash them, although they charge a small service fee.