Smoking Policy

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Bethyaga
Knight of the Crimson Assfro

Smoking Policy

Post by Bethyaga »

I can't see if this has been addressed yet. We have a large number of people coming. I'm guessing that half or more are smokers, but a large number of us are not.

Will people be smoking in the house?

I'm hoping that the answer is no, and that all smoking will be done outside. If that's not the case, then I for one need to know ahead of time, because it will affect my arrangements.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

I'm guessing No Smoking in the cabins would be the Hayes Resort's policy. It's almost standard now and it makes good sense from their POV.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

My experience with smokers (Since hell, I was one) is that they are generally acoomodating. It will be nice and warm so going outside shouldn't be an issue.

If they REALLY need to smoke inside, the bar will let them in.

I could be blowing smoke out my ass (HA HA, Get it? ok I'll shutup now) but I dont think it would be a problem.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Instant Cash wrote:My experience with smokers (Since hell, I was one) is that they are generally acoomodating. It will be nice and warm so going outside shouldn't be an issue.

If they REALLY need to smoke inside, the bar will let them in.

I could be blowing smoke out my ass (HA HA, Get it? ok I'll shutup now) but I dont think it would be a problem.
And I'm not worried about people being nice and accomodating -- my wife and I are both ex-smokers -- but I'm just hoping for some official line before we get there. I checked the Gathering FAQ and the Hayes website and couldn't find it anywhere.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
Twisted Sister
Wuffle Student

Post by Twisted Sister »

Personally while I love smoking - lots, I really don't like sleeping in smog. Personally I would well up for a no smoking policy in the cabins...unless it's a buses and metorites moment in which case all bets are off anyway :o)
"Like hello, just because I am not using my arms, doesn't mean I am not working." - Jayson
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

Smoking outside sounds fiiine. Smoking in the bar sounds even better. :oD
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Twisted Sister wrote:Personally I would well up for a no smoking policy in the cabins...
Hey come on, there's no need to get that emotional about it. Sheesh, addicts. *Sigh* :p
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

So, from the comments here, and based on my own personal feeling on this, I think we can safely institute a "no smoking in the cabins" policy. And if for some reason this becomes a problem and somebody desperately needs to smoke inside, well, we do have three cabins. One could always get designated the "Smoking Cabin" if need be.

Sound good?
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Tip-fucking-top.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Yay!

Thorn's plan has my vote.
Vralkie
Bulldrek Pusher

smokie-smokie?

Post by Vralkie »

Can I get a woo-hoo!?

Thorn is righty-o, let us listen to her wisdom relating to a single shmokin' cabin... "tis a good, accomidating, yet fair suggestion. Hip-Hip!...
--
Steve- "...well, you've either had wayyyy too much, or not nearly enough"
[Vralkie]- "There's only one that we can do anything about, so here goes..."
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

That works for me but I'm guessing that the Hayes cabins are non smoking...
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Bull
Tasty Human

Post by Bull »

Probably not Cash, but just in case... I actually had something like what Thorn suggested in mind too. I don't smoke, and smoke irritates my eyes something fierce indoors, so I'd like to be in a non-smoking cabon, either way :]

Bull
Bull's Place at Dumpshock!

"Order is Illusion! Chaos is Bliss! Got any Fours?"
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Um, just to clarify, my idea was all the cabins were non-smoking, with the option of turning one into a smoking cabin if it became actually necessary. But let's face it - we've got all kinds of porch space and stuff for those who smoke. And even some of the smokers have said they prefer to keep their indoor places low-smoke.
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
PaoloM
Tasty Human

Post by PaoloM »

Yes.
<hr>Linux is as user friendly as an ice pick in the back, but not nearly as productive.
Dvixen
Tasty Human

Post by Dvixen »

Yes being - smoking inside is just gross. Everything gets all stinky - and I know I'd like to smell as little like a smoker as possible.

I've been smoking outside since I started, and being in a smoking house/restaurant actually makes me ill.

(Just popping in my opinions since it's been confirmed Paolo and I are crashing your party on Tuesday. :aww )