T-Shirts

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
No-Life Loser

T-Shirts

Post by 3278 »

We had planned - okay, I had planned - some time ago to do t-shirts for the Gathering this year. I didn't. I completely dropped the ball. Now there's a big scramble to get them done in time, and figure out how to get the money in time, blah blah blah.

Now me, I don't want to do the shirts under those circumstances. If we're going to have Bulldrek shirts, I'd like them to be nice. I mean, really nice. Professional. But I understand not everyone agrees with me.

So, let's talk about it. Does anyone want them? What do people think about quality? Can anyone get shirts printed quickly enough, and money together quickly enough, to make this work? If someone else can do the arrangements for the shirts, I can get artwork together of whatever type.

Personally, I think we should say screw it. I dropped the ball on this, several times, and instead of making up for my mistakes at the last minute, and having shirts that aren't very nice, I think we should take our time and do it right. I don't like the idea of the board being represented badly, you know?
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

My two nuyen on the subject is to hold off until we all weather the financial drain that is Gathering/Gencon. I'd love to have a shirt, but I don't see us being able to do them, and do them right in the next three weeks. The SMITE!™ shirts were a giant steaming pile of hoopla that took about six weeks, what with collecting money and distributing shirts.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

I have a shirt, some tie dye, a fabric pen, and I know how to spell Bulldrek. T-shirt planning done :D

If more than 15 people want to do this, though, let me know asap so I can pick up another tie dye kit, its $20 for the stuff, and requires non-synthetic fabrics.
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

In the interest of full disclosure, I should note that that's exactly what I was trying to /avoid/ by making t-shirts; people making their own. Which doesn't mean I can stop you; I can't, and I wouldn't try. I'm just saying, it's a thing I don't personally - as 3278 - like the idea of.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

No problem, it was what I had planned on doing with the tie dye since the idea came up months ago, "official" shirts or not. Its more of a personal souviner thing, honestly, but I know some people will feel the need to walk away from this with something concrete, and it can be a solution if they want to put the effort into it :)
_
"Are you alright?"
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

I must go in with 32 on this. I would rather have something nice.

And I am sorry, I know I am being picky, but I am NOT wearing tie dye.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

But that's only because you're a yuppie.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

No one said you did :) This falls under the craft stuff at the Gathering, which for the most part is "do it your own damn self" with a little help in the supply department. Like I said, I was only mentioning it in case for some reason the number of people who wanted to do it suddendly doubled once they found out there were no "official t-shirts". If no one else wants to do so than the people who already said they wanted to, great, that's $10 more I don't have to spend :)
_
"Are you alright?"
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Anyone with some experience, tell me how long it will take to get these things done. Also, I think 50% of the work will be done in deciding on a design. I know there are a bunch of people out there who have great ideas, and I'll toss my idea on the great stack.

Concept: Black shirts. With the bulldrek cow in the front. "Icecream has no bones." and the Bulldrek V1.0 logo above or underneath. We can have them done in blue scale [an alternative to grey scale]. They'll be nice, elegant, and not stupid.

Can I get a show of hands?
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

Deciding the design is not the most time-intensive phase, in my opinion. As all of those with any experience in the amateur shirt bidness will be able to tell you it's the logistics that are the pain in the ass.

I also think that Caz has a very good point by saying that it might be a financially sound idea to wait until after the Gathering. I don't know about y'all, but I'm on the outer limits of my bank account.
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

Cazmonster wrote:But that's only because you're a yuppie.
Well that and I am forever scared from growing up around a bunch of new agers and old hippies living in colorado. :D
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

As part of the duo who managed the SMITE(tm) shirt initially, here's the dilly-o:

Caz ran down all kinds of info from a bunch of professional silk screeners here in Madison, so that would be one thing we didn't have to do, but basically, we would have to choose a silk screener, get them the art, and iirc, half of the money up front. Then it typically takes about two weeks to process the shirts, and then we have to have the rest of the money when we pick up the shirts.

Really, the big issue is in the getting of money. When Caz and I did the original shirts, it took about a month to get all the money in. Granted, this was pre-PayPal, so we were relying on the US Postal service, and some of that took a while.

The other issue is simply in the time it takes to get the shirts done. We would need to get an order put in by the end of this week to have shirts ready in time for the Gathering. I'm not sure I see that happening. Especially since we still need to get a design decided on.

My personal opinion is that if we /could/ kick butt and take names and get this done, that would be really cool. But I also think Caz is right - a lot of us are really making this trip by the skin of our teeth. When it comes right down to it, I'd rather be able to spend my money on having fun than have a T-shirt to commemorate that time we all sat around grumbling about how poor we all are.... ;)
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I think I like 32's idea. It involves a cow. That's good enough for me. I have very simple motivations.

MooCow
The simple cow
Cash
Needs Friends

Re: T-Shirts

Post by Cash »

3278 wrote:So, let's talk about it. Does anyone want them?
Yes
What do people think about quality?
What you said. (If we're going to have Bulldrek shirts, I'd like them to be nice. I mean, really nice. )
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Bull
Tasty Human

Post by Bull »

Shirts are good, but only if they do Ork sizes (4X :])

However, money is tight and it's pretty late to be planning this, so I'll be satisfied talking to Wild about shirts.

Bull
Bull's Place at Dumpshock!

"Order is Illusion! Chaos is Bliss! Got any Fours?"
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

Hrm...I'm personally not really fond of the cow with the Icecream slogan bit...but that's just me. I don't know that I'd get one if that's what we decide on. However, I am in favour of not rushing it. Veed and I were mentioning that we enjoy the Snakes have no arms slogan. Well, we have time to think it over still...
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>