Suggestions for Stuff To Do At the Gathering

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

DV8 wrote: How come this year's Gathering is slowly turning into one of those Activity Holidays? Is it just okay if Earl and I get a speedboat while you guys bake, and do glass-painting and shit?
Well, all I do at home is sit around on my ass doing nothing. I don't want to do that on a vacation. :)

Can we get pics of you guys making fools out of yourselves on the lake? :D
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Boating

Post by Cazmonster »

I have a plan to get out in a johnboat with a large container of Midori Margarita, or perhaps some Rolling Rock and generally have a good time. I might row out to one of the islands and claim it in the name of Bulldrek. By that time, I will be tired and thirsty and will drink copious amounts of potables.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

ponders what a Midori margarita would taste like

Anyway, no one said it was all activity stuff, I for one plan on having lots of sit around and do absolutely nothing. (Although I'm now getting this amusing picture of Caz standing at the front of a rowboat with a giant Bulldrek flag while people row going "Faster! I must claim this land in the name of Bulldrekkia!")

Just more of things to do considering its a whole week, and most of us will forget that whole sleep thing.
Reika

Post by Reika »

Speaking of margaritas, I have a membership with Sam's club and they have something like a 5 lb bucket of margarita mix, do you guys want me to look into it to see if it's worthwhile to bring?
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

If you are flying I'd say no. Trying to transport massive quantities of stuff when flying is rather silly, when there are other folks who can easily get it who are driving.

I have a membership to Sam's (at least I think I do). I'd be happy to pick it up, and you can pay me back if you are looking for some additional contribution to make.

MooCow
The membership cow
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Wildfire wrote: ponders what a Midori margarita would taste like
Well, since my plan is to switch the Midori for the double damned tequila, pretty sweet and heady, with the extra goodness of stealthy booze.
Wildfire wrote: Anyway, no one said it was all activity stuff, I for one plan on having lots of sit around and do absolutely nothing. (Although I'm now getting this amusing picture of Caz standing at the front of a rowboat with a giant Bulldrek flag while people row going "Faster! I must claim this land in the name of Bulldrekkia!")
I love Wildfire! Wild's my favorite girl!
Wildfire wrote: Just more of things to do considering its a whole week, and most of us will forget that whole sleep thing.
In the words of John Shaft, "Hell Yeah." I'm only going to sleep when I absolutely have to.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Well, since my plan is to switch the Midori for the double damned tequila, pretty sweet and heady, with the extra goodness of stealthy booze
Whoa...Midori is only outranked by mead for good stuff ^_^ I've had Midori straight (@_@ quick stealth buzz there), midori sours, and a midori colada, which was very good if this sick pale green color.
Reika

Post by Reika »

Hm, maybe we should make alcoholic beverages that are full of caffine so we won't sleep....Scary thought, a bunch of drunken and HYPER Drekkers. ;)
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Oh yeah, let's add caffeine into our drunken debauchery. There's a reason why Vodka and Red Bull is outlawed in certain countries, you know. :)

Caffeine acts as a catelyst for the alcohol to be taken into your bloodstream. Hell, I like Red Vodka and Red Bull...let's bring it on!
Twisted Sister
Wuffle Student

Post by Twisted Sister »

Reika wrote: Speaking of margaritas, I have a membership with Sam's club
I have a club!!
"Like hello, just because I am not using my arms, doesn't mean I am not working." - Jayson
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

Cutie. :o)
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.