Suggestions for Stuff To Do At the Gathering

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

*Depseratly tries to stop coke from flooding his nasal passages as he finally realizes what Eva is refering to.*

(That's Coca-Cola, for the record. I'm glad I look at these things three times before I post them; I almost missed that one.)
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

Eva wrote: Or mpeg. He's really not picky.
Love, even if I was picky as hell, that MPG would /still/ be sitting on my hard drive. :)
Threadbare
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Threadbare »

He's like a Ninja with that camera of his.
Hmm, reminds me of a daily victim I read a while back.
_

If I wasn't so busy commanding more than one ship without holding flag rank, I would come down there to New London Towne and show a few people a thing or two about OFFICERship."
--The Commodore

Keep the Funk Alive.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Adam wrote:
Love, even if I was picky as hell, that MPG would /still/ be sitting on my hard drive. :)
It's sitting on mine. :D
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

And some of us may not even go to Gencon. Besides we've got what, a good 20 hours a day if we go by last year's gathering activities.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Kwyn: don't bother.... Adam will handle it all. He's like a Ninja with that camera of his. You'll be doing something stupid and Adam will just materilize out of no where and take a picture, then vanish again to the shadows.

Alright Adam, let's see your union card!
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Cash wrote:
Adam wrote:
It's sitting on mine. :D
It's sure as hell sitting on mine...right next to the one of Cash and me tongue-wrestling.
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

If we really want to sever friendships and ruin lives, Caz and I can bring the eight sets of "old" Illuminati we've got.

And yeah, anyone who has Talisman, please PLEASE bring it. I fuckin' LOVE that game, but I can never find it (of course).

Also, Caz and I will bring Apples to Apples (nice party game), and Blink and Set if I can find my two... sets of it. And all of his goofy Zombie games, like Give me the Brain, and a few other Cheapass games. It'll all be good.

Oh, do I have to remind anyone? If you bring a game, put your name on it somewhere! :)
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
Salvation122

Post by Salvation122 »

Do not play Scruples.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Now you're going to have to elaborate, Sal. :)
Salvation122

Post by Salvation122 »

Hmmm... how to explain Scruples...

Okay. You've got cards with a moral dillema and two possible options on them. One team asks a question and the choices, and usually picks a particular player on the other team to choose a solution. The player either picks the one he's really do, or lies and picks the other. The asking-team then guesses whether the player is telling the truth or lying. Guessing correctly scores you a point.

There is no such thing as a friendly game of Scruples. I have yet to see one that does not involve people yelling at each other or not speaking for periods of time. I had a friend who lost a girlfriend over a game of Scruples. It never, ever ends on a positive note, and I'd rather not see that kind of bullshit happen to the people on this board.

(That said, I've never seen it played by a bunch of drunks.)
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

I still have the Evadance on my machine. I watch it weekly.

Cazmonster does his Eva-mocking dance.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

Caz: for some reason, I can bear you watching it. :o)

Sal: my family used to play Scruples quite often and they loved it. I don't think they would've if it caused them to get into fights each and every time. We should try it.
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

I'm sure we could handle Scruples. After all, the point of the game (in part) is to get people to talk about all these Big Bad Issues. Which is interesting and all because in a lot of groups of friends and especially in families, these are exactly the kinds of things people /avoid/ talking about. I sure as heck wouldn't want to discuss... hmm... just about any issue with anyone in my family. It'd get ugly in about four seconds. But with this group? Shit, some days all we DO is talk Issues. I bet it'd be the boringest game of Scruples ever played.
Szechuan
No-Life Loser

Post by Szechuan »

Cazmonster wrote: Get a copy of his game, tack it to a dummy with a head about six sizes too large and make with the liter fluid and the zippo.

Sure Evan, sure, the whole gaming world is just itching to play your game.
Sorry to go off-topic again, but I've seen the prelims of Evan's game, and it actually shows a great deal of promise. I can't say more what with NDAs and such, but I second Evan's sentiment of "don't hate Savage Realm just because you hate Evan".
/hijack

Me and Ryan may be coming to the gathering. Anyone want us Canadians to bring anything down?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Thorn wrote:But with this group? Shit, some days all we DO is talk Issues. I bet it'd be the boringest game of Scruples ever played.
Thorn: "Preoccupied, you leave a restaurant without paying your $5.00 bill for breakfast. You realize this three blocks later. you are not pressed for time. do you return and pay?"

Crazy Elf: "Monkey that! I return and firebomb the monkey restaurant for charging me $5 for that monkey crap they gave me!"

Everyone else: *nods of agreement*
Spiral
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Spiral »

*scratches his chin*

32, sometimes your posts make me feel like an art critic.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Spiral wrote: *scratches his chin*

32, sometimes your posts make me feel like an art critic.
That's a compelling and fascinating thing to say. Is there any particular reason you feel that way? I find myself swimming in curiousity, and it tickles.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

In other words, you're swimming in art of logic...:D
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Spiral
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Spiral »

3278 wrote: That's a compelling and fascinating thing to say. Is there any particular reason you feel that way? I find myself swimming in curiousity, and it tickles.
:wideeyes " What the fuck does it mean? " :wideeyes

In a good way though. :D Not infrequently what you say seems clear cut, yet is open to interpretation in several ways that all make sense in the context. (someone else's) Insight can be like that, I think. FB nailed part of it.
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Thank you, 32. I'd wanted to present just such an example, but could only recall one /actual/ Scruples question which did indeed result in an hour-long near-shouting match with someone who never was a friend anyway, and didn't want to mess with it.

But yes, that's exactly how I see it going.

Deev: "So, everyone figured Thorn would help the abused wife-chick leave her husband?"
Everyone: "Yeees."
Deev: "All right. Everyone take a damn point."
Instant Cash: "Somebody wake me when we finally break the all-group tie."
Spiral
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Spiral »

Part of it is the fact I've never played scruples...
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

To both Spiral and Thorn: :D
Marius

Post by Marius »

Me and Ryan may be coming to the gathering. Anyone want us Canadians to bring anything down?
Two cases of XXX, please.
There is then a need to guard against a temptation to overstate the economic evils of our own age, and to ignore the existence of similar, or worse, evils in earlier ages. Even though some exaggeration may, for the time, stimulate others, as well as ourselves, to a more intense resolve that the present evils should no longer exist, but it is not less wrong and generally it is much more foolish to palter with truth for good than for a selfish cause. The pessimistic descriptions of our own age, combined with the romantic exaggeration of the happiness of past ages must tend to setting aside the methods of progress, the work of which, if slow, is yet solid, and lead to the hasty adoption of others of greater promise, but which resemble the potent medicines of a charlatan, and while quickly effecting a little good sow the seeds of widespread and lasting decay. This impatient insincerity is an evil only less great than the moral torpor which can endure, that we with our modern resources and knowledge should look contentedly at the continued destruction of all that is worth having. There is an evil and an extreme impatience as well as an extreme patience with social ills.
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

A moose? We've got a lot of people to feed, after all.....
Ryan Murphy
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by Ryan Murphy »

Keep in mind we'll have to fit this either on a bus, or in a plane... ;)
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Ok. A moose in many pieces then.
3278 wrote:
Thorn wrote:But with this group? Shit, some days all we DO is talk Issues. I bet it'd be the boringest game of Scruples ever played.
Thorn: "Preoccupied, you leave a restaurant without paying your $5.00 bill for breakfast. You realize this three blocks later. you are not pressed for time. do you return and pay?"

Crazy Elf: "Monkey that! I return and firebomb the monkey restaurant for charging me $5 for that monkey crap they gave me!"

Everyone else: *nods of agreement*
Bring the game...It sounds like fun. On an aside note, when I had the oral interview for the San Jose PD, that was similar to one of the questions.

"You and your Sgt. stop off at a Starbucks on your break and get coffee. You notice that your Sgt gets back $10 too much in change. What do you do?"
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

That's a horror of a question. Ugh. Is there a 'correct' answer, as far as the SJPD is concerned?

And yeah, I'm up for Scruples too. It sounds like fun. Hell, it sounds exactly like a regular day on SST anyway. :)
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

It was a hum-dinger and I don't know what "the correct answer" was or if there was one.

There were a few good questions. The other one that I remember was "You pull over a person for speeding. He accuses you of pulling him over because he was black and that he wasn't doing anything wrong. How do you handle the situation and what do you do?"
</font>
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

The other one that I remember was "You pull over a person for speeding. He accuses you of pulling him over because he was black and that he wasn't doing anything wrong. How do you handle the situation and what do you do?"
Shoot anyone with a camera. Then drag him out of his car and beat the living Shit out of him for questioning his betters. Then, later that night, get the old hood and cloak out of the closet and take a lynch mob to his house and hang him for back talking to a good white man!! YEAH!!

MooCow
The going to hell cow
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

I have found two new games, and we will play them at the Gathering.

Fluxx

Its organized chaos, the goal to win is always changing, as well as the rules and you hand, and any number of things. And they sell blank decks for me to be making a more Bulldrek-ish selection of cards. :D

Pit

Its Spoons on crack. Each commodity has 9 cards, and you put in one commodity per player (Sugar, barley, corn, oranges). When everyone's ready you start yelling for trades, 1-4 cards of the same commodity, and everyone trades until someone has all nine cards of a commodity and rings the bell. Its hilarous. "2!, 2!, 3!, 1!, different 2!"
The Mighty Buddha
Tasty Human

Post by The Mighty Buddha »

Fluxx is the shit, my friend pauls dad brought a deck back from origins like 5 years ago or some shit. We spent all night taking bong hits and playing, uber funage.
An eye for an eye, and we all go blind.
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

Damn, even these games seem like to much thinking for me while I am in vacation mode.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

PIT!! God I haven't played that in years! It is a funny game. And I'm thinking there have got to be some cool drinking rules for it.... :)

MooCow
The alcoholic cow
Jaded
Tasty Human

Post by Jaded »

MooCow wrote:
The other one that I remember was "You pull over a person for speeding. He accuses you of pulling him over because he was black and that he wasn't doing anything wrong. How do you handle the situation and what do you do?"
Shoot anyone with a camera. Then drag him out of his car and beat the living Shit out of him for questioning his betters. Then, later that night, get the old hood and cloak out of the closet and take a lynch mob to his house and hang him for back talking to a good white man!! YEAH!!

MooCow
The going to hell cow

:wideeyes

Dumbfounded, Jaded sits staring at her screen.

You are a VERY sick cow. You know that though. :)
Sorrow
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Sorrow »

Make side bets on who gets arrested first, and what for.
<hr size=1 color=#5c7898><font face=font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" color=#6600FF>The more I overcome, the stronger I become
- Angel of Ruin<a href=http:\/www.chaosengine.com>.</a></font>
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Fluxx requires a little thought, but hey, I mean I can make cards with object like the Black Van and the OCBP, its cool. Pit requires almost no thought whatsoever, just a lot of yelling, some frantic card grabbing, and being fast.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Pit requires almost no thought whatsoever, just a lot of yelling, some frantic card grabbing, and being fast.
Which is why we need to make a drinking game out of it. Anything that involves grabbing and yelling can only be improved by alcohol. :)

MooCow
The drinking cow
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

I'm thinking we should all make sure our medical and/or travel insurance is up to date...

(And I'm actually semi-serious, after thinking about some of the disasters we could so easily perpetrate.)
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Grabbing and Yelling covers soooo much...
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Reika

Post by Reika »

Right, I have to sooooo get Outburst (see here for those heathens who don't know what Outburst is). One of the questions in it is "What body parts come in pairs?" :D

Another game that might be fun is pictionary. Imagine what a bunch of drunken drekkers would come up with in that game. ;

And for those of us who like cook/bake, what about going on a baking spree? :D
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

And for those of us who like cook/bake, what about going on a baking spree?
I've thought about that too. I'm not sure how feasible it would be, or if we'd wind up just bringing a bunch of ingredients we never got around to doing anything with, but... could be fun. I mean, let's face it, "Gee, it's 3 a.m. and I'm hungry. Let's make cookies!" Not a damn thing wrong with that. (And I'm sure one fellow Bulldrekkers wouldn't /dream/ of complaining if someone decided to start baking up a storm.) ;)
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

If you guys /DO/ bake cookies, can you guys send some to me? :D

Hmmm...about games?

Candy Land

Ladder and Chutes

They're perfect. I mean, Imagine bulldrekkers playing these games...while DRUNK!

Oooooh!

Mustn't forget Hungry Hippos.
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

How come this year's Gathering is slowly turning into one of those Activity Holidays? Is it just okay if Earl and I get a speedboat while you guys bake, and do glass-painting and shit?
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Thorn wrote:I mean, let's face it, "Gee, it's 3 a.m. and I'm hungry. Let's make cookies!"
Cooking for Buddha are we? :D
</font>
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

DV8 wrote: How come this year's Gathering is slowly turning into one of those Activity Holidays?
But you haven't even seen our daily pool dance yet, where we gather everyone around and do stupid dances to the sounds of the Lambada.
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
Twisted Sister
Wuffle Student

Post by Twisted Sister »

I take it that would be the royal 'we' Eva? :roll
"Like hello, just because I am not using my arms, doesn't mean I am not working." - Jayson
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

DV8 wrote:How come this year's Gathering is slowly turning into one of those Activity Holidays? Is it just okay if Earl and I get a speedboat while you guys bake, and do glass-painting and shit?
Rock. Of course, as I say, they don't rent speedboats. However, that doesn't stop us from...obtaining one. Or riding around on the over-powered pontoon boat with about 10 litres of LIIT.
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

However, that doesn't stop us from...obtaining one
*sighs* It's gonna cost you this time.. I get to go with you guys.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.