[Gathering 2003] New Spangly Option 2.0

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

[Gathering 2003] New Spangly Option 2.0

Post by MooCow »

Just an update on this option. I called Hayes, and talked to them briefly. Here's what they told me.

1. They will only rent out the whole week. The lady said no discounts at all. If someone has a silver tongue, and thinks they can talk them into it, please let us know.

2. They are booking up fast. The only cabins they have left are 9, 10, 14, 15. To make this a viable option we need at least 10 and 14. The bigger cabins go faster.

If we decide this is what we want to do, we're going to have to make a move on it ASAP. That means we are going to need money. I'd like to ask those of you who are sure you will go, regardless of where it's at, to start getting your money in. I know that's asking alot, but that way we can make a reservation as soon as we decide what we want to do. I'm keeping detailed records of who gave me what and when (as is Jestyr), so if the actuall cost ends up being less you will get an appropriate refund.
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Re: [Gathering 2003] New Spangly Option 2.0

Post by Eva »

MooCow wrote:I'd like to ask those of you who are sure you will go, regardless of where it's at, to start getting your money in.
Can I get a quote?
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Duh. right.... Cost is a good thing.

I'm going to say $120/person + $30 flat fee for private room. That's how much Hayes would cost for Cabins 10, 14, 15. Plan B and Plan C are cheaper, but I'd like to be prepared for the most expensive alternative.
Tryyng
Bulldrekker

Post by Tryyng »

wait, plans b and c are cheaper, and spangly's still 7 hours farther away?

grrr...

well, i'm going, no matter if you guys decide to have it there or not. plus, with this whole "idiot hitting my car" thing, i should have money to pay my downpayment within a week.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

wait, plans b and c are cheaper, and spangly's still 7 hours farther away?
Have you actually looked at the plans? None of these plans is particularly good. They all have major problems. If you have a better suggestion we'd like to hear it. But so far all you've done is point out the flaws in everyone elses plan.

BTW, you do realize it will cost you more to drive to indy than it will to fly to wisconsin don't you?
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Tryyng wrote:wait, plans b and c are cheaper, and spangly's still 7 hours farther away?
Also note that Moo was giving a rough estimate of price. Right now, there are very few people who've made a firm commitment to be there, and we have no solid idea of the numbers we're looking at. Once we know better how many people are going to be there, we can better calculate the cost, and deliver refunds as appropriate.
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Liniah »

MooCow wrote:
BTW, you do realize it will cost you more to drive to indy than it will to fly to wisconsin don't you?

I don't know where you get your tickets, Moo, but I'd love to find out.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I don't know where you get your tickets, Moo, but I'd love to find out.
I get them through AAA. I can could get a flight from Salisbury to Chicago/Milwaukee/etc for around $200. At $.36/mile (DOT estimates on car efficency) it costs about $250 to drive from Salisbury to Indianapolis. That cost would be greater if your car is older or in poor repair.
Tryyng
Bulldrekker

Post by Tryyng »

sorry. but i did like c plan. and i don't enjoy flying, or generally being seperated from my car. i've got a bit of an attachment to Hal and the mobility he gives me. i have been bitching with no contribution.

if there's any sarcasm in this, i haven't been to sleep in nearly a day, and at this point my asshole meters are out the roof. slate it down to that, cause i've honestly tried my best to word this well. i appreciate the work you guys have been doing, i just have this fun tendancy to casually take people for granted if i'm not paying attention.