[Gathering 2K3] Introducing your 2K3 Planning Committee

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

[Gathering 2K3] Introducing your 2K3 Planning Committee

Post by MooCow »

Allright folks. Since no one else has stepped forth to form the Planning Committee, I'm doing it. So, without further delay, here is your 2K3 Planning Committee...

MooCow

In real life, MooCow is not actually a cow (didn't guess that did you?). He is a Construction Field Engineer working for a Project/Construction Managment company. He lives in Chicago, IL (South West Suburbs actually, but no one knows where Darien, IL is... Including me). He graduated from The Ohio State University in 2001 with a degree in Civil Engineering. He has worked for Cotter Consulting for about a year and a half, and likes to think he's learned something about project managment in that time. He thinks that he will be able to use that knowledge to put together something that vaguely resembles a Bulldrek Gathering.

Ampere

In real life, Ampere is not a unit of electrical current (ummm... that joke doesn't work here does it?). He is a Tech Support/Customer Service Rep for Charter Communications living in Vancouver, WA. Prior to that, he served in the Army for five years, and was honorably discharged as a Sergeant (E-5). He has over 15 years experience in long distance SCA events. He has organized several such events, including one that had 300+ attendees and two that had 100+ attendees. He will be bringing his experience to the Planning Committee, and hopefully keeping MooCow from screwing up.

Ok... that's it. You'll notice that there are only two people. We could use some help I'm sure. In the next few weeks we are going to be trying to put together a full Planning Committee. We'll be asking a few select individuals specifically, but if you think you can contribute, please let us know. However, while I think we need more then two, I doubt we need thirty.

As with last year, all suggestions, leads, advice, general opinions are welcome. This is, in the end, your gathering. If you don't submit your ideas, don't complain about the result.

There will be more info coming as Ampere and I have more time to sit down and talk.

MooCow
The planning Cow
Last edited by MooCow on Sun Sep 08, 2002 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

In real life, MooCow is not actually a cow (didn't guess that did you?).

Damn it. My illusions are shattered.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Van Der Litreb
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Van Der Litreb »

*leans even further back in his chair*

Sounds good to me!
\m/
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

And the third sucke... volunteer steps forward:

Jestyr

In real life, Jestyr is noted for being completely unable to write cool bios that make her sound professional, competent and/or interesting. She therefore falls back on general enthusiasm and her Australian accent, since they're the only appreciable assets that come to mind at 3am.

Color me Planning Committee.
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Thank you all for volunteering.

I've said privately, but will re-iterate publicly - I will be more than happy to help out in terms of advice, letting you know what we did this past year, etc. All you need do is ask.
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

Oh don't worry...we'll be asking.
I'm a firm believer in asking questions, sometimes several times.

"Measure twice cut once".

~A~
Quoth Drunken Master:
"When Colin Powell walks out of your cabinet because of doctrinal issues, you've got problems."
Quoth Moto42:
"Bulldrek, where love and appreciation are accompanied by a volley of gunfire."
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Thank You

Post by Cazmonster »

Okay, before I forget to do it, (so says the guy with an Etch a Sketch for a long term memory), thank you all very much. The Gathering means a lot to all of us and I just want to take a little time to show you my appreciation.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Ooh, Etch-a-Sketch!

...Ahem. Anyway, not that we've done anything more than talk yet, but you're welcome. :) Expect some Planning-related enquiries and surveys to start popping up soon so we know what we've got to work with.
__
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

If you need any of the info that we gathered from last year I have most of it saved. Just throwing in my my cast for "If you need info, I shall deliver"

Thanks for stepping up you three. And dont worry, I know I wont be complaining one bit.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Fortune
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Fortune »

There are quite a number of 'drekkers from Oz. Most of those would normally never get a chance to go to GenCon itself, let alone a gathering. I was wondering about the possibility of looking into a group package-type deal (like a charter) for those who just can't picture going any other way.

Any thoughts?
<br>
Reality is for people that can't handle BTL!
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

It's a nice thought, Fortune, but I don't fancy our chances. As far as I know, there are only three Australian Bulldrekkers - you, me and the Elf. Four if you count Tamino, who posts once in a blue moon. So apart from the fact that there really aren't enough of us to get a package deal anyway, I'm betting you're going to find we're all going to have different plans.

I mean, I'm planning on going over for Origins, spending three weeks in the US with various people, heading to the Gathering and then hitting GenCon. I'd imagine Elf, if he's going, would have somewhat different plans, and yours are probably different again.

So, it's a nice idea, but I don't think it'll fly.
__
Fortune
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Fortune »

Ahh...I must have also been counting Dumpshockers when I was thinking of Australians. I didn't realise there were that few of us actually here on Bulldrek. You're right, of course. More people would make a difference. Ah well...so much for my cheezy attempt to get there cheap! :D
<br>
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Jestyr wrote: I mean, I'm planning on going over for Origins, spending three weeks in the US with various people, heading to the Gathering and then hitting GenCon.
Gee, I didn't know you Australians counted one as several. Must come from calling a ranch a station...
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Dude, we count at about a one to ten thousand ratio. How do you think we can claim a population of 18 million? :)
__
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Ah, it's all clear to me now.

Cazmonster chalks it all up to 'Prison Math'.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Jestyr wrote:Dude, we count at about a one to ten thousand ratio. How do you think we can claim a population of 18 million? :)
By including all the koalas and kangaroos?
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Let's not forget the wallabies and the bunyps.
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

And the mosquitos. They alone put our population into the tens of millions.
__
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Well, of course they do. Who the heck else do you think they employ as engines on the Quantas jets?

And yes, we've successfully driven a Gathering Planning thread so far off topic I'm not sure it can be saved. Thank God it's only September.
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

Cazmonster wrote:Well, of course they do. Who the heck else do you think they employ as engines on the Quantas jets?

And yes, we've successfully driven a Gathering Planning thread so far off topic I'm not sure it can be saved. Thank God it's only September.
you stud
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Cazmonster flexes.

But seriously folks, let's all get behind our intrepid planners and give them they kind of support they really deserve.

Cazmonster gets his hockey stick and waits for Cash and Jestyr to do their impression of the Janet CD cover.
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

I do not even want to /know/ how a hockey stick will be involved in that.
__
Fortune
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Fortune »

If it involves a hockey stick, it can't be all bad! :)
<br>
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

Cazmonster wrote:Cazmonster gets his hockey stick and waits for Cash and Jestyr to do their impression of the Janet CD cover.
:lol
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Cazmonster wrote:Cazmonster gets his hockey stick and waits for Cash and Jestyr to do their impression of the Janet CD cover.
Which one? Rhythmn Nation 1814?
</font>
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Nono, the Janet album cover...

The one with If and Throb
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

I demand a recount. Jestyr cheated. Damn criminals.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.