Would you prefer The Gathering to be Pre-GenCon or Post-GenC

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.

Pre or Post?

Pre
61%
39%

Total votes: 18
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Would you prefer The Gathering to be Pre-GenCon or Post-GenC

Post by MooCow »

Well...?
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

Yes, Please vote, this really affects my going. In terms of dates.
Chocolate sauce on a buttery nipple. *Bliss*
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Already voted. :D
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Eli - if you value your life, and your marriage-to-be, please PLEASE tell me you're not planning to drag your bride to the Gathering for her honeymoon......
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

I'm not. I can't go unless it's After gencon. I have a wedding gig the Sunday off Gencon (one I'm playing, no, I'm not mormon) The Gathering would be a stop on our trip back out to Colorado.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Don't feel bad Eliahad. I amy not be able to go to a pre Gen Con Gathering.
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

Ok for the sake of making this easier: If you are "UNABLE" to attend either pre or post (meaning one or the other, if you can't make either i'm assuming you won't be posting here) Please make mention of it here.

The reason is that some folks are choosing pre or post, but can actually do either (but PREFER one over the other). Some folks cannot make it if it's one or the other (Serious Paul and Eli cannot make a pre-GenCon gathering for example). These considerations need to be heard so we can figure this out...

Thanks All!
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Like Amp said, I can't make pre-gencon. Silly marriage. :)
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Bring her along. We're dying to meet her anyways. :D
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

I don't know yet, and won't until I've been accepted to an institution of higher learning. Or I join the military. One of the two.
Vralkie
Bulldrek Pusher

post man, post!

Post by Vralkie »

post would be far preferable to me in that people will have almost the full week instead of only until Wed. of that week... think of the day's and day's of drinking, um I mean, gathering... Woot!
--
Steve- "...well, you've either had wayyyy too much, or not nearly enough"
[Vralkie]- "There's only one that we can do anything about, so here goes..."
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

post would be far preferable to me in that people will have almost the full week instead of only until Wed. of that week... think of the day's and day's of drinking, um I mean, gathering... Woot!
This is really only true if you don't have a full time job. Those of us with full time jobs would have to take several more days of vacation if we also wanted to go to GenCon. Either that, or leave on tuesday. Either way, we don't make as efficient use of our vacation time as we'd like. Monday-Friday is a more efficient use then Wednesday-Tuesday, as you effectively pick up an extra 2 days on the weekend.

Plus, there is nothing stopping you from getting together at Gencon. This is one of the reasons we are looking at moving the Gathering to a city location on wednesday (if we go pre-GenCon).
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

I dunno, it depends. Not everyone works a set-in-stone Monday thru Friday schedule. Seven days off work is sven days off work, regardless of the day. As long as the days are arranged in advance it shouldn't matter.

Granted it sounds good and simple to just have say Mon-Wednesday for the Gathering and Thurs-Sun for Gen Con, it's really the same if it's Sunday night thru Tuesday night at some place.

Realistically the Gathering can be anywhere within a day's drive of GenCon. If the Gathering and Gen Con is separate it's only one commute/ caravan/ trip to Indy and each man for himself (if that is how everyone wants it.)

Or, the two can be combined if the coordination with the Gen Con travel people can get a really good rate. It all depends on what people want.

Either way interested parties need to speak up so decisions can be made in a timely manner. There are a lot of arrangements to be made, money to be budgeted and vacation days to arrange.