Trip in question

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Trip in question

Post by Daki »

Hey everyone. My visit this weekend is in question. My car is having issues and I'm waiting for the call from the mechanic to tell me how expensive the problem is. Provided they can get it done either today or tomorrow I will be there.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Cazmonster burns some dice in reverent prayer to GUNTHAG, patron saint of car repair.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

That is VERY f'n scarey because my mechanic is named Gunther. :lol

Well I'm waiting for the call back but it's looking like a new carb. In the event I don't make it this weekend, I'm thinking about taking a day trip up to Gencon on Saturday. More updates as they happen.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Yep, it's the carb and I just paid for them to get a new one. Now I wait and see if they can get it in today or early tomorrow morning. If they do, I'm good to go. If not, I'm coming up to Gencon next Saturday so I'll see most of you then.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Re: Trip in question

Post by DV8 »

* DV8 makes sure to have the world largest Long Island Iced Tea waiting for Daki.
Jaded
Tasty Human

Post by Jaded »

Daki wrote:*Notes that Deev is probably one of the coolest people in the world*
You may revise your opinion after drinking one of Deev's Long Island Iced Teas...or at least regret ending up in some very embarrassing photos!

;)
Marius
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Marius »

So /that's/ why I can't remember . . .
There is then a need to guard against a temptation to overstate the economic evils of our own age, and to ignore the existence of similar, or worse, evils in earlier ages. Even though some exaggeration may, for the time, stimulate others, as well as ourselves, to a more intense resolve that the present evils should no longer exist, but it is not less wrong and generally it is much more foolish to palter with truth for good than for a selfish cause. The pessimistic descriptions of our own age, combined with the romantic exaggeration of the happiness of past ages must tend to setting aside the methods of progress, the work of which, if slow, is yet solid, and lead to the hasty adoption of others of greater promise, but which resemble the potent medicines of a charlatan, and while quickly effecting a little good sow the seeds of widespread and lasting decay. This impatient insincerity is an evil only less great than the moral torpor which can endure, that we with our modern resources and knowledge should look contentedly at the continued destruction of all that is worth having. There is an evil and an extreme impatience as well as an extreme patience with social ills.
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

Marius wrote:So /that's/ why I can't remember . . .
Actually I think we have Moo to thank for that one if I remember correctly. :D
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Jaded wrote:
Daki wrote:*Notes that Deev is probably one of the coolest people in the world*
You may revise your opinion after drinking one of Deev's Long Island Iced Teas...or at least regret ending up in some very embarrassing photos!

;)
* DV8 checks off the list...

Marius...check.
Bull...check.

...ehm...

...oh right: Maelwys...CHECK!!! :)
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Some day, long from now, all of us shall get our most delicious revenge, somewhere hopefully along the streets of Amsterdam with DV8, a lama, a digital camcorder and a new set of leather pants...
Lord Death Hand
No-Life Loser

Post by Lord Death Hand »

All I have to say is Caz is still the man and it sucks that TGC and I didn't get the chance to meet you Daki. Gotta say it kicked ass meeting those of we did. Maybe we'll catch you next year Daki.
I am the evil monkey what lives in your nuts.

Lick my butt and suck my balls, America FUCK YEAH!
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

I hope so. However I did make it to Gencon and got to meet Adam and Bull (and caught a glimpse of Alareth). Great meeting you peeps finally!
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Cazmonster wuffles Lord Death Hand.

You guys were cool. I'm really looking forward to next year. Indiana is going to think twice about letting us crash their party.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Daki wrote:However I did make it to Gencon and got to meet Adam and Bull
That wouldn't have been at the 'What's Up With Shadowrun' talk/seminar thing would it?
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Yes, that would have been the time and place. I was the one wearing the Ninja Burger t-shirt (compliments of Moo... a god who blows smurfs :D ).
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Ninjaburger - damn my cousin's wedding straight to hell!
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Yeah, my bonehead doctor cousin got married on Saturday. Granted, we didn't make it to that either, because Thorn and I slept through the whole day...
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Daki wrote:Yes, that would have been the time and place. I was the one wearing the Ninja Burger t-shirt (compliments of Moo... a god who blows smurfs :D ).
And Moo even snowballs...

Fucker! You were at GenCon?
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Dude, ninja skills, he blended perfectly into his environment, and still probably has the second hand BO to prove it.
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

Daki you punk, go up to gencon and not even let us know!

No excuse, you have my number.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim