Official Question and Answer Thread

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Cash wrote:It won't be the same without that red ball and Brineshrimp....

Shit, that lake is big. and now I'm having fun with Terra server. Someone shoot me, please.
Nothing is ever as much fun without Brineshrimp.

And hell yeah that lake is hooge. I plan to get burned and drunk and get out there in a johnboat and pick on speedboats.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Tryyng
Bulldrekker

Post by Tryyng »

errr... stupid me. gonna turn what was here into a new topic.

...hi!
Bull
Tasty Human

Post by Bull »

My question about ball and net was mostly because, well, I have access to neither right now, nor do I currently have the finances to pick up a set just for this :] So from my POV, it was valid if for no other reason than to get others to bring Ball & Net (And while we can play without a net, nets are fun too :))

Bull
Bull's Place at Dumpshock!

"Order is Illusion! Chaos is Bliss! Got any Fours?"
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Stupid Question of the Day:

What *time* are people going to start showing up at Hayes? Specifically when is 32 shooting for, as he is the man in charge of the Cabins? At least as far as Hayes is concerned. (or so my understanding goes)

MooCow
The time questioning cow
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

Check in time for the cabins isn't untill 3:00pm (15:00 for the Euros) on Saturday the 3rd. I have a feeling the planning commitee will be there at this time, between 2 and 3. So Late afternoon. Anytime after then is ok. If you show up before, hang out at the bar.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Josh is correct. Eva and I - at least - will be there between 2 and 3. Bob's pretty likely to let us check in whenever the hell we feel like, but if he doesn't, 3's fine. Caz and Barb will get there soon thereafter; their plans are complicated by some airport pickups.

So, anytime after 3 would be fine for people to start getting there.
Marius
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Marius »

What, exactly, is the bed situation? How many people do we know are staying many days?
There is then a need to guard against a temptation to overstate the economic evils of our own age, and to ignore the existence of similar, or worse, evils in earlier ages. Even though some exaggeration may, for the time, stimulate others, as well as ourselves, to a more intense resolve that the present evils should no longer exist, but it is not less wrong and generally it is much more foolish to palter with truth for good than for a selfish cause. The pessimistic descriptions of our own age, combined with the romantic exaggeration of the happiness of past ages must tend to setting aside the methods of progress, the work of which, if slow, is yet solid, and lead to the hasty adoption of others of greater promise, but which resemble the potent medicines of a charlatan, and while quickly effecting a little good sow the seeds of widespread and lasting decay. This impatient insincerity is an evil only less great than the moral torpor which can endure, that we with our modern resources and knowledge should look contentedly at the continued destruction of all that is worth having. There is an evil and an extreme impatience as well as an extreme patience with social ills.
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

Bed situation is as follows: up until Wednesday, all beds are taken. If you're staying in this period (being Saturday to Tuesday), you need to bring your own sleeping bag, mattress or whatever you need to sleep on.
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
Marius
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Marius »

Righto. Are you still prowling for sheets?
There is then a need to guard against a temptation to overstate the economic evils of our own age, and to ignore the existence of similar, or worse, evils in earlier ages. Even though some exaggeration may, for the time, stimulate others, as well as ourselves, to a more intense resolve that the present evils should no longer exist, but it is not less wrong and generally it is much more foolish to palter with truth for good than for a selfish cause. The pessimistic descriptions of our own age, combined with the romantic exaggeration of the happiness of past ages must tend to setting aside the methods of progress, the work of which, if slow, is yet solid, and lead to the hasty adoption of others of greater promise, but which resemble the potent medicines of a charlatan, and while quickly effecting a little good sow the seeds of widespread and lasting decay. This impatient insincerity is an evil only less great than the moral torpor which can endure, that we with our modern resources and knowledge should look contentedly at the continued destruction of all that is worth having. There is an evil and an extreme impatience as well as an extreme patience with social ills.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Well, it would be more accurate to say that anyone sleeping in a bed needs to bring their own sheets, but yah, we're on sheet prowl, so far as that goes.