August, Hayes Haus, Gaming?

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

August, Hayes Haus, Gaming?

Post by Cazmonster »

Okay, may as well get this off the ground now...

Who's planning to run what at the Gathering? There had been some rumblings previously.

I know that I will be wearing my Zombie Master hat and running All Flesh Must Be Eaten.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Yea! Mutant Bears!
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Ooo! You should take the mutant bears on again, but this time with norms instead of survivors...

(Cash would be little bits of gib spread across the landscape in that case.)
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Eep!
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Re: August, Hayes Haus, Gaming?

Post by DV8 »

Cazmonster wrote:Who's planning to run what at the Gathering?
I'm planning to run amok.

Earl, Dennis, Pontoon, Mulligan Stew. Nuff said.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

I'm not running anything but some games of Fluxx unless someone really wants me to run a Shadowrun game, but we have far better GMs for that sort of thing. But I am up for playing just about any game anyone wants to run :)
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

I'm up for a game of SR. I haven't played in over a year.

Oh, and of course I'm bringing Lunch Money. :)
</font>
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

Cash wrote:Oh, and of course I'm bringing Lunch Money. :)
Ghe ghe ghe.
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

We'll need more than one deck though. :)
</font>
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Oh, and of course I'm bringing Lunch Money
I think I have a copy around. And some friends of mine came up with drinking rules for it also. They have drinking rules for everything.... at a party this past weekend they had turned the game "Pass the Pigs" into a drinking game.

I'm personally more interested in board games then RPGs. Unless someone has RPGs of stuff I've never played and pre-gen characters. I'm somewhat interested in All-Flesh.

MooCow
The board gaming cow
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

</font>
Kwyndig
Grand Marshall of the Imperium
Location: The Orbiting Volcano Lair, high above the surface of Bulldrek

Post by Kwyndig »

Well, I suppose I could bring some games to play.

How about a few sessions of BESM?
kwyndig@yahoo.com This sig for rent, reasonable rates
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Put bug-eyed alien creeps in the BESM and I'm up for it.

And yeah, there will be pre-gen characters for All Flesh, maybe even multiple games of it...
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Um dear? One game. Please.
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Whoop! Yeah, just one game of the All Flesh.
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Thank you.

I'd kind of been looking forward to seeing /you/ during the Gathering, as well as all our friends, after all..... :aww
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

There is a possibility, if anyone is interested, that I might consider running a Shadowrun game.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Whoa.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

3278 wrote:There is a possibility, if anyone is interested, that I might consider running a Shadowrun game.
<voice class="Ed Grubberman">Ooh, ooh! Me! Pick me! Pick me!</voice>
_
"Are you alright?"
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

I want to play a physical adept that uses Tae Kwon Leep.
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

Unfortunatly since I am just staying for 3 days (till monday) I am going to focus on slacking.
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Jaded
Tasty Human

Post by Jaded »

Instant Cash wrote:Unfortunatly since I am just staying for 3 days (till monday) I am going to focus on slacking.
I was going to give you shit for having to "work" so hard at slacking but then I realized that after 3 Bicardi Silvers you might have a hard time "focusing" on anything.

:lol

As one of the few non-gamers attending the Gathering, I also vote for heavy slacking and midnight frolicking.

;)
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Jaded wrote:As one of the few non-gamers attending the Gathering, I also vote for heavy slacking and midnight frolicking.
Hell yes...oh, hell yes.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

If and only if...

Post by Jeff Hauze »

...I can make it, which won't be known for a few weeks yet, I will indeed be running a Shadowrun game. It will require characters to be made before hand, I will be custom picking the players. If I can make it, and Dennis or Earl is up for it, I would love the possibility of running a dual-GM game, with a large crew of characters. If not, I'll look at the possibility of running the same game twice, for two different groups of characters, in our own sort of Bulldrek tournament.

Additionally, I'll definitely be interested in trying All Flesh as well as a game of BESM with Kwyndig, depending on the genre. I will be brining Lunch Money as well, since I'll get the chance to get embarassed by fellow gamers rather than being embarassed by my two favorite lesbians known as my mothers.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

BroJ's coming? w00t! *dances 4-4 time*
</font>
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

* DV8 dances the 4-4 time and suggest to Jeff that he should talk to Earl since he had already suggested running a Shadowrun game.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Jeff:: No GenCon though?

<Deev> Woot! BroJ is going to make it!!!
<Adam> To what?
<Deev> Da Gathering, dude.
<Kwyndig> The thing you're not coming to!
<Adam> Fucking bitch!
<Deev> You know, the uber-cool party you're going to miss.
<Adam> Is he coming to GC, too?
<Deev> I'm not sure. I doubt it since he had big trouble getting time off.
</font>
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Re: If and only if...

Post by Adam »

Jeff Hauze wrote:I will be brining Lunch Money as well, since I'll get the chance to get embarassed by fellow gamers rather than being embarassed by my two favorite lesbians known as my mothers.
BEST. COMMENT. EVER.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Cash wrote:BroJ's coming? w00t! *dances 4-4 time*
That's still an "if", for those that read the subject line. But about two weeks should give me a definitive answer.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Re: If and only if...

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Adam wrote:
Jeff Hauze wrote:I will be brining Lunch Money as well, since I'll get the chance to get embarassed by fellow gamers rather than being embarassed by my two favorite lesbians known as my mothers.
BEST. COMMENT. EVER.
I rule. Or I sound like a West Virginian redneck with some odd family tendencies. Either way.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I'll be bringing "Break the Ice".... I learned the drinking game version of this last night. Suitable for ages 3-6..... or a bunch of drunk bulldrekers. :)

I also understand there is a drinking game for Cooties.....

MooCow
The drinking game cow
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

32 AND Jeff GMing Shadowrun?!?

No sleep, must game. Erk. me falls over in estatic shock at the mere possibility
_
"Are you alright?"
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Okay, the Skinny on Gaming

Post by Cazmonster »

Okay, to bring this back up.

I'll be running two sessions of Steam and Sorcery and probably two sessions of AllFlesh.

One Steam and Sorcery is going to run right from where the pb3 game left off, so Bethy and Wild are already in. There will be openings for the characters who are already in the game, a human fighter/mariner type, a half-orc buddhist monk, a halfling rogue/entertainer type, and a half-dragon Roman Catholic priest. Let me know who is interested in that one and Bethy I need to know when you will be there.

The Other Steam and Sorcery is for 8th level characters and I will take 6 players for that one. It's set in the Carribean/Florida Keys area.

One session of All Flesh is in medius apocalypto and is called Fort Metropolis. The zombies are taking over the world. I've got characters for that one and I will take as many players as want to play.

The other session of All Flesh is for 'norms' and I'm not yet going to reveal the location of play, I'll save that as a surprise...

To create a character - you've got the following points
(to be inserted tonight) Attribute Points
Okay, here's the skinny on spending those attribute points.
Point for point except for level five which costs 2 points.
(to be inserted tonight) Edge Points
Up to (to be inserted tonight) Flaw Points
and
(to be inserted tonight) Skill Points

Primary Attributes
Strength - Your character’s physical power. It also is a measure of how much damage you do in combat, the amount of weight you can carry and, to a lesser extent, how much damage and abuse you can take.
Agility - Your character’s dexterity, hand eye coordination and general physical prowess. Agility is used in any test where the character’s motor coordination and precision.
Body - Your character’s ability to withstand punishment and hardship. It is also used whenever your character must do something for a long perioud of time.
Intelligence - Your ability to learn new things and to correlate information. This attribute can be used when your character attempts to figure out a mystery or a puzzle.
Perception - The strength of your senses and your ability to detect things about you. Your perception attribute also governs your intuition and alertness.
Will - The strength of your mind and your ability to resist fear, domination and temptation.

Secondary Attributes
Hits = ((Body + Strength)X4) + 10 This is an allotment of points that indicates your overall life level. If you run out of hits, get ready to push up some daisies.
Endurance = ((Body + Strength + Will)X3) + 5 Your endurance is a group of points that you will use up if your run hard, fight, or get beaten up. Running out of Endurance points and you may wind up passing out.
Movement Allowance = (Body + Agility)X2 This is your speed in miles per hour. Half of that is how many yard you can run in a second. Nuf said.
Power = Sum of Primary Attributes Your power is the strength of your ‘soul’, if there is such a thing. Supernatural attacks may decrease your power. And running out of Power is worse than running out of Hits.

What the attribute numbers mean -
1 - this attribute is below average
2 - human average. A normal person may have one or two attributes that are either a 1 or a 3.
3 - this attribute is good, but not exceptional. A character with a 3 in an attribute can perform and resist the normal travails of life well.
4 - exceptional. One in ten people in a normal group might have one attribute at this level. As examples -
Professional Soldiers and Good Athletes have Body or Strength Attributes of a 4.
Gymnasts and Professional Dancers have an Agility Attribute of 4.
An Intelligence of 4 is near genius level.
Trained Police Detectives and Forensic Investigators have a Perception of 4
A Will of 4 is an “Iron Will”.
5 - This is the “practical” human limit. There are few individuals with one attribute at this level and they represent the best and brightest of humanity.

Skills

Buying Skills
A skill costs 1 point per level for the first 4 levels and then 3 points per level thereafter.

What the numbers mean
1 amateur level - you have only a rudimentary level of ability.
2-3 general competence - you can accomplish average tasks with ease.
4-5 extreme competence - you have a great deal of knowledge and ability in this area, from long study and use.
6+ mastery - you can perform the most difficult tasks with relative ease.

Unskilled Use
At best, an unskilled user suffers a -2 to any test relating to the skill. Very technical or complicated skills may be impossible without the skill.

Skill Types - There are some skills with the word type in brackets after them. In these cases you must take a specific subskill that you are proficient in, such as Guns [Pistols] for Guns [type].

Skill Specialties - A character can spend 1 skill point in order to have a Specialty. This specialty allows him to treat the skill as +2 for all tests and should be written as a seperate skill. So, you would have Guns [.38 revolver] at a 5 and Guns [Pistols] at a 3.

Special Skills - Some skills are more difficult to master, and have a higher cost. For the first four level, the skill costs two skill points per. At level five and greater, each point costs 5 skill points each.

The Skills - I’m not going into much detail on these, as they should be self-explanatory
Acrobatics [Special] - This skill can also be used for dodge tests.
Acting
Beautician
Brawling
Bureacracy
Cheating - relates mostly to cheating at games of chance
Climbing
Computer Hacking
Computer Programming
Computers - relates only to basic functions and productivity-type applications
Craft [Type] - carpentry, tailoring, weaponsmithing, etc.
Dancing [Type] - tribal, ballroom, disco, swing, etc.
Demolitions
Disguise
Dodge
Drive [Type] - car, motorcyle, tracked vehicle, truck, etc.
Electronic Surveillance
Electronics
Engineer [Type] - architecture, civil, construction, electrical, mechanical, etc.
Escape Artist
Fine Arts [Type] - drawing, painting, computer graphics, etc.
First Aid
Gambling
Guns [Type] - pistols, long guns, automatic weapons, etc.
Haggling
Hand Weapon [Type] - club, axe, sword, staff, polearm, knife, etc.
Humanities [Type] - anthropology, economics, law, history, political science, sociology, theology, etc.
Instruction
Intimidation
Language [Type] - All characters have a 5 in their native language. Level 2 is enough to be understood in normal circumstances, although the accent will be thick.
Lock Picking [Type] - electronic and mechanical
Martial Arts [Special] - Add one half of your Martial Arts level to any damage done in melee or hand to hand combat.
Mechanic
Medicine [Special]
Myth and Legend [Type] - the Myths and Legends of a specific region
Notice
Pick Pocket
Piloting [Type] - Boat, Helicopter, Plane, Sailboat
Play Instrument [Type]
Questioning - Interrogation
Research/Investigation
Riding [Type] - horse or animal-powered vehicle
Running [Type] - marathon running or sprinting
Sciences [Type] - astronomy, biology, chemistry, physics, zoology, etc.
Seduction
Singing
Sleight of Hand
Smooth Talking
Sport [Type]
Stealth
Storytelling
Streetwise
Surveillance
Survival [Type] - Arctic, Desert, Forest, Jungle, Mountains
Swimming
Throwing [Type] - Axe, Knife, Sphere
Tracking
Traps - Useful for both setting simple traps and finding ones set for you
Unconventional Medicine [Type] - Acupressure, Herbistry, etc.
Veternary Medicine - As medicine, but suffers a -3 to all tests if used to treat humans
Weightlifting
Writing [Type] - academic, advocacy (Legal), creative, journalistic, technical

Edges and Flaws.

Buying flaws gives you additional points to spend on Attributes, Skills and Edges.
In order to increase an Attribute, you must spend as many points of Flaws as the current level of the Attribute. So increasing Strength from 2 to 3 would cost 3 Flaw points. Otherwise the points can be spent on a one for one basis as if they were Skill points or Edge points

Acute/Impared Senses +2/-2 per sense - An acute sense (pick one of the five) gives you a +3 to Perception checks using that sense. An impared sense imposes a -3 penalty. If the Impared sense can be compensated for, with glasses or a hearing aid, for example, it is only worth one flaw point.

Addiction -1 to -6 The strength of the addiction and the controlled substance you abuse.
Habitual smoking or drinking is a -1 (-2 for both). Heavy smoking or Drinking or Light use of Marajuana is a -2. Alcholism, and use of cocaine and barbituates is a -4. Heroine abuse is a -6 (I hope I don’t see much of this one.)

Artistic Talent The character has the capacity to create great works of art and gets +2 to all creating Art tests. As a result, his soul is stronger than most. Add 4 to Power as well.

Appearance -3 to +3 Pretty simple, this edge makes you more attractive, giving you bonuses to your Social tests. Ugly people, (those with negative values) can increase intimidation tests by their negative value.

Charisma -3 to +3 Once again, pretty simple, just add the value of your charisma to all of your social tests. Uncharismatic characters can’t even intimidate well.

Clown -1 The character must make jokes, even at inappropriate times. There are times when he cannot be taken seriously, even when trying to.

Contacts +1 to +5 The character has one or more ‘friends’ he can call on for services and information. A 1 point contact might only give you a ride or some information. A 2-3 point contact will let you crash at his place or provide some other slight service. A 5 point contact has lots of power in the city and is willing to use it to benefit the character.

Cowardly -1 to -3 Subtracts its rating from your character’s Will tests against fear, and intimidation.
-1 Character is not willing to take chances.
-2 Character will not fight back if there is any other option and must make a simple Will test to do so.
-3 Character will do anything in order to avoid stressful situations, including betraying his friends. If he tries to enter combat, he must make a difficult Will test to do so.

Delusions -1 to -3 Your character has thoughts and ideas that have no basis in reality, or at least in society at large. High the value of the delusion, the more strongly it effects your life.
Prejudice - you refuse to trust or befriend members of a certain race or cultural group
Delusions of Grandeur - At -1 it is an exaggerated feeling of overconfidence. At -3 you believe that you are a sort of mythological or historical figure, like Jesus or Napoleon.
Weird Delusions - Your delusions are simply strange. You might think that Aliens are in communication with you through your fillings or that Dogs are the agents of Satan.

Emotional Problems -1 to -2 Your character has an unreasonable reaction to certain situations, this reaction is usually anger or sadness and is much more extreme than usual.
Fear of Rejection -1 Rarely makes friends and will react badly if her few friends leave her.
Depression -2 Barely reacts to anything (take a -1 to all tasks) There are medications that will reduce the penalty and reduce the value of the flaw to -1.
Emotional Dependancy -1 Your character is “clingy” and will demand quite a lot from what friends they do make.
Fear of Commitment -1 Your character does not allow people get to close to him, whether he fears that they may find out too much about him or that they may be appalled by the “real’ him.

Fast Reaction Time +2 You have very fast reactions and an ability to react to danger in an almost instinctive manner. Roll twice for initiative and chose the best result. Also, you have +1 to your Will tests to resist fear.

Hard to Kill +1 to +5 Your character is tougher than most and highly resistant to physical damage and pain. For each level, add 3 hits and add a +1 to any Survival test you are called on to make.

Honorable -1 to -2 Your character has a strict code of honor she lives by. At -1, she will not lie to or betray her friends. At -2 her code of honor applies to both friends and enemies. She will not participate in an ambush or other underhanded attacks.

Lazy -1 Your character is not very dedicated. Increase by half the cost to increase any skill or attribute above 4.

Minority -1 Your character is a member of a minority race or culture, and may face negative reactions from certain individuals.

Nerves of Steel +3 Your character is almost immune to fear, whether through a sumpreme control over one’s will or simply a complete lack of self preservation. You automatically pass ‘normal’ fear checks and have a +4 bonus in the most extreme conditions.

Paranoia -2 They are out to get you, trust no one. A paranoid character expects treachery at every turn, even from friends and family. He has almost no ability to trust anyone.

Reckless -2 Your character is overconfident and impulsive. She will often leap into danger without considering the possible results. She prefers to act first and think later.

Recurring Nightmares -1 Most nights, you cannot sleep because the dreams will come again...
Every so often, the nightmares come and you will lose d4 Endurance because of lack of sleep.

Resistance +1 per type Your character is uniquely resistant to a certain type of damage. It decreases the damage you take from a specific source by 1 point per attack. Typical resistances are disease, poison, fatigue and pain.

Resources -3 to +2 Your character is poorer or richer than average. Below is a short description for each level
-3 Hurtin’ $500 dollars of stuff, live in low-rent apartment or public housing, earns about $500 a month or welfare.
-2 Scrapin’ By $1,000 of equipment, a small apartment on the bad side of town and earns $1,000 a month before taxes
-1 Below Average $5,000 of equipment, including a second-hand car, has a tolerable apartment and earns $1,500 a month
0 Average $15,000 worth of stuff, and $2,500 monthly income
+1 Middle Class $50,000 and $5,000 income
+2 Well Off $30o,000, $10,000 income

Show Off -2 Your character treats the world as a showcase for his abilities. He’s eager to get the spotlight. He loves attention and is eager to know that people are paying attention to him.

Situational Awareness +2 Your character is preternaturally aware of dangers. Add +1 to initiative rolls, +2 to notice test against stealth and +2 to perceive dangerous situations, like ambushes.

Talentless -2 Your character cannot create anything of artistic value. You have -3 to any create art tests and cannot get more than a simple success.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Points Values

Attributes 14
Skills 30
Qualities 5
(Drawbacks 10)
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

Wildfire wrote:32 AND Jeff GMing Shadowrun?!?

No sleep, must game. Erk. me falls over in estatic shock at the mere possibility
If I get my info right, I don't think Jeff's making it this year.
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

The Other Steam and Sorcery is for 8th level characters and I will take 6 players for that one. It's set in the Carribean/Florida Keys area.

You Must Bring an 8th Level Character to Play!