Questions about travel

This forum is for the discussion of various gatherings, get-togethers and other social aspects held or undertaken by members of this community, including Gathering 2002. Please tag all threads with the location and month of the event, as shown here.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Questions about travel

Post by Reika »

I know there's a mailing list and I've joined it, but Yahoo is being a bitch, and won't let me post to the group. So I'm going to ask here.

Provided I can get the time off, I'm planning on going to the Gathering by air (any other way is pretty implausable for me mainly due to time). However I don't have license, so can't rent a car to drive myself from the airport to the Gathering, so unfortunately I'm going to need to hitch a ride with someone. I talked with Thorn and she mentioned either the airport in Madison near her and Caz, or Milwaukee. I was thinking of arriving at Milwaukee, so I can hitch a ride with someone who's going to GenCon and get dropped off at the Milwaukee airport, the question is someone picking me up.

So if some kind soul knows if they'll be swinging by that way and wouldn't mind getting me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I've said this before. Anyone that wants to fly into Chicago (O'Hare or Midway) I can pick up if they are there by early saturday morning (I would prefer to leave on friday, but I could wait until early saturday morning). People can even crash at my place for a night on either side of the trip if it helps with ticket arranging.

As for milwaukee it's on the way, so I could pick people up there if the times coincide with my trip.

However, I will be going to GenCon, and plan to leave the Gathering on wednesday and stay in Milwaukee the rest of the time (Leaving Milwaukkee on Sunday).

MooCow
The picking up cow