Seattle Sourcebook:: Places to go, People to see

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
No-Life Loser

The Tool Crib

Post by 3278 »

The Tool Crib
Bar/Nightclub archetype, 1002 Yale Ave, A. Jeminez, Manager, Subtle Bias toward Straits, Ltg NA/UCAS-SEA 204-446-6557

One of Seattle's premier "underground" nightspots, The Tool Crib is a three-level dance club featuring some of the best pure electronic and dance music from the last 30 years. Drinks are reasonably priced, and there are nightly drink specials. No food is served. Many of the glitterati come here when they're visiting Seattle but don't want to be mobbed at Penumbra or Dante's.

>Look, I hate to be the guy who brings this up, but the Tool Crib is, you know, a gay bar. I'm not saying that means we should all go down there with pitchforks and torches, but you should know about it before you go. Al, the owner, doesn't care who you are, but some of the patrons are pretty territorial, and don't like straight chicas or brothers in there. Just so you know.<
>The Saint

>That's one of the things that actually makes it nice for biz. If you're not part of the scene, no one expects you to go there. Plus, there are still some guys old-fashioned enough to hesitate to follow you into someplace like this. Stupid, if you ask me, but that's the way of it.<
>Downtown Playa

>As if it's the sexual orientation of the patrons you should know about. If anything, it's the drugs that make this place stand out. Straight up chemicals, chips, whatever. It's the under-30 party scene, you know? Everybody's got to be messed up. That makes for rude and clumsy people. Overwireds - you know who you are - watch yourself.<
>BigEasy
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Import Auto Garage
Auto garage archetype, 450 13th St., Sammy LaToncha, Owner, No Bias, Ltg NA/UCAS-SEA 206-554-5499

Import Auto is considered by most to be the best garage in town for repairs on "import" autos, including Toyota, Eurocar, Mitsubishi, Rolls-Royce, and so on. With 30 years of experience and a helpful, courteous staff, Import Auto is relied-on by executives, trid stars and politicians for their repair needs.

>Right. "Import." Because so many cars are made in the UCAS. As if.<
>Grange

>Sammy's completely impermeable, by the way. He keeps the business he keeps because he's a man of unempeachable character. No amount of money will get him to sell out his clients.<
>Zeus

>Maybe, but he's perfectly willing to work on less-than-legal vehicles for the right price. And I don't mean he'l fix your cannoned-up Mobmaster; I mean, if you've got a Phaeton - a standard Phaeton - and you need repairs, he's willing to do them. But you start bringing in military hardware around, he's going to call the Feds. Don't be stupid.<
>Drexel
Yeah, they're blue sunglasses. Close your mouth.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Zack's Gym
Gym archetype, 1200 166th St., Zack Brown, Owner, Extreme Bias toward the unfit, Ltg NA/UCAS-SEA 455-144-8779

Considered by many to be the best of the underground gyms, Zach's has an extraordinary assortment of weightlifting, cardiovascular, and cybertherapy equipment, as well as training in boxing and several self-defense courses. A staff of uncertified but extremely competent trainers and therapists are always present and anxious to assist customers. Rates are reasonable, and membership is discreet.

>They're not kidding. You wouldn't believe the stuff Zack's got in this place. It's the basement of an old warehouse, so it ain't easy to find, but once you get in there...oh, man. It's my favorite place to get away from the wife and kids.<
>Jimmy B.

>The weights and cardio drek are nothing special, nothing you can't get in a thousand other places for only a little more. But Zack doesn't care about ware or SIN. And the cybertherapy equipment and staff are the best you can get on the streets. I went down the MBW road recently, and when the doc let me leave, I could barely walk straight. A couple of weeks at Zach's, and I could move well enough to at least do some work. A couple of months, and I was moving in ways I couldn't ever have imagined. Do yourself a favor: if you get ware - any ware - get therapy, and get it here. It's the only way you'll get the most out of your new gear. And Zack knows some good docs, too.<
>Messianic
I will show you the truth and the light.

>Therapy - and intensive therapy - is also the only way you can learn to move like a normal person when you want to. I can spot a joker with wires from a kilometer out, and someone with cyberlimbs from two. But therapy can teach you how to get some control over your kinesics. Completely essential if you're ever going to try to not look like what you really are.<
>Solid Steel
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

[align=center]The Holistic Garden[/align]
Medium retail store/spa clinic, 501 S. Jackson Street, Jamie "Harmony" Phillips, Strong bias against cyber, LTG NA/UCAS-SEA 206-748-5168

The Holistic Garden promotes self-improvement through natural remedies and biological and alternative medicines. A while variety of natural drugs and biological products for skin and hair are available, as well as acupuncture, hydromassage, and other services in the spa. Jamie also conducts total immersion clinics for small groups to educate them on the benefits of natural self-improvement.

>Holistic Garden also takes special order requests. If you can't find it anyplace else, they might be able to get it fot you, I've heard they can get things from both the Aztlan and the Tir for the right price<
>Nature Boy
100% natural, taste tests available

>Jamie "Harmony"? Somebody mustve heard wrong, its Jamie "Tuner". Total immersion clinics, my hoop, The Tuner has the best bioware clinic around, may not be the hottest stuff out there, but she'll have you in and out in 10 days, and ain't nobody can tell you just had surgery<
>Chords
No thanks, chum, I make beautiful music all by my lonesome

>What the customer wants, my bank account gets! Cha-ching!<
>Plant Stalker
Last edited by Wildfire on Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

[align=center]Skidmarks[/align]

Garage and adjoining tatoo parlor, 420 East Pike, Sabrina Sonada, Friendly to Yakuza, runners, no negative bias, LTG NA/UCAS-SEA 206-524-6282

Skidmarks operates as a motorcycle garage during the day and a tattoo parlor at night. Sabrina's speciality is hand-tuning bikes for performance, but also handles regular maintenance, rebuilds, and any sort of motorcycle work. The garage closes at 6pm, and the adjoining office is opened at 7pm to let Sabrina work her other skill at tattoo artistry. The place employs 3 part-time personnel as well, Fritz who works in the garage, Arista who works in the parlor, and Zeke who works in both.

>Skidmarks is the A+ bomb! All my bikes go through there before I give up on them!<
>Kanevil the Green

>Sonada? As in Ryo Sonada, formerly of the Yak, ex-Ishikyo oyabun? Wonder what's in her pretty little head...<
>Yak-cracker

>She's one hot chica, with some mad skribble skills, but she ain't his. Got it on good authority she a natural blond, ain't no Jap-Yak like that<
>Canvas
The pinnacle of [meta]human achievement is art
Serious Paul
Devil

Nishimuraya Gardens

Post by Serious Paul »

Nishimuraya Gardens
Large Park Archetype,4011 South 146th Street,Toshitsugu Nishimuraya, Manager, Bias Towards Non Japanese, Ltg NA/UCAS-SEA 206- 243-1210

Built in 2045 by Toshitsugu Nishimuraya, the Nishimurya Garden is a traditional Japanese Rock Garden and Japanese bath house. Hot bathes, serene surrondings and meditation make this one of Seattles quietest corners.Toshitsugu Nishimuraya is responsible for maintaining this pristine corner of Downtown.

>Memebership fees are believed to be outrageously high for Gaijin, but most Japanese memebers are said to pay little to no dues. Looking to find a local Yakuza Oyabun, when he isn't home? Try here, this place is knee deep in Yaks. Invitation only, by the way.<
>Scalpel
This isn't a forum,it's an operating room,and I'm the surgeon.

>Scalpels comments aside, this place is amazing. The gardens are each composed of seperate minerals-quartz,one is copper, another is salt, another is composed completely of coral. Seren music, Bonzai trees, hell even the little monk guys with red robes. Wild Man! Wild!<
>Bruno PoundDown
Whatcha Lookin' at?
Instant Cash
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Instant Cash »

[align=center]Crystal Dreams[/align]
Large Club Archtype/10833 NE 8th St, Bellevue/Salina Handresser, Owner, Bias towards Poor people, Ltg NA/UCAS-SEA 425-682-4517

For hot clubs outside the downtown area, this is it. Salina has went to huge lengths in order to make this the place for all the hot up an comings in the Seattle upper echelon. Security is of course top notch, but once inside, its a meat market for the terminally rich.

The dance floor encompasses most of the space on the ground level with 3 bars surrounding it. Once you leave ground level you have a few choices, pay top dollar for a "private party" room, Mingle with others, or go dancing on one of the three rotating glass dance floors. Salina is an accomplished mage who uses magic to keep this discs rotating.

>>>Bullshit she does the work; she has some poor spirit locked into service!

-Out of this world<<<

>>>That’s her ally for those of you who know your 2 nuyen worth

-Magically Adept<<<

>>>Those dance floors are something else I tell ya! But watch yourself when getting off, if your not use to being suspended above the ground spinning, it takes a bit of getting use to.

-Slick<<<

>>>There is an awful lot of interest in certain corners of Bellevue into how Salina actually came into the money that she threw into this.

-Instant Cash<<<
Last edited by Instant Cash on Wed Jun 19, 2002 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Serious Paul
Devil

Markies

Post by Serious Paul »

Markies
Large Restraraunt Archetype,1237 43rd Ave E, Markie Mathghamhain , Owner and Manager, Bias Towards non Elves, Ltg NA/UCAS-SEA 207-654-9987

Markies is one of the North East sides featured attractions. Markies features the best Elven dishes outside of either Tir. Fresh ingriedants are flown in daily, making the price per dish out the reach of many, but well worth it. The atmosphere is warm, and comfortable, with plenty of real greenery to decorate this spacious restraraunt. Markies is modeled after Irish pubs of legend, and holds weekly Darts tournaments, as well as brewing some stuff that would stagger a Troll.

>If they let said Troll in. There are no guarentees he'd make it out alive. If you are an Ork or a Troll, do not go near this place. Bunch a pointy eared jack booted racists! Local Police have failed to investigate any of the three murders that have taken place near this den of Elven Overlords! We will make them pay!<
>Sons Of Sauron
Never Forget! Never Give In!

>But more importantly my Tusked friend this is where you go to find out what the Tir is doing in Seattle. Markie was a Ghost, thats right a Tir Drop Commando, and still maintains close ties, despite his supposed ouster, and dishonorable discharge. Its likely he is running Intelligence gathering Operations inside Seattle and the Pacific North West.<
>Alicia DeVries
Path of the Fury

>Markie is quiet,even as Elves go, but you can tell this joker is riding the wire from a click away. I watched him take down five Yak hitters form Chiba like they weren't even there. Smooth, real smooth.<
>Solid Steel
Last edited by Serious Paul on Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serious Paul
Devil

Griggs

Post by Serious Paul »

Griggs
Kiosk/Hotdog Stand Archetype, Location Varies, but is always on a corner, Kenneth Griggs, Owner and Operator, No BIas, No Ltg

Griggs is a corner Kiosk that sells Grinders, hotdogs and pretzels. He also sells both hardcopy News Magazines and papers, but provides access for their Electronic counterparts.

>Not only are the pretzels and Chicago Dogs (Nick named Bug Dogs after the CZ went up) the fraggin' bomb, but they are dirt cheap! Ken moves his stand around quite a bit, it all fits into a small trailer he hauls with his quad, and he seems to have choice of just about anywhere he wants.Hmmm....<
>Zeus

>Kenneth Griggs, AKA Mieczljslav Sorokin, was born in Azerbaijan, and served in the Red Army during the Eurowars as an Intelligence Officer. He did some time, also, with the KGB, details are sketchy as to be expected. Then Mieczljslav disappeared. He turns up eight years later in Seattle running a kiosk, weird neh?<
>Cephas
Suck the pain Bitch!

>Griggs has access to Shadowland, and damn good intelligence on happenings in Downtown. Nothing gets by him. (If he really was KGB, no wonder neh?) He is willing to divulge what he knows if the price is right and you know the smart way to ask.<
>Downtown Playa
Last edited by Serious Paul on Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serious Paul
Devil

Stans Lawn and Garden Supply

Post by Serious Paul »

Stans Lawn and Garden Supply
Small Shop Archetype, 2608 South 208th Street,Stan Wozniak, Owner, NO Bias, Ltg 206- 824-6397

Stans Lawn and Garden Supply can meet your home gardening and lawn care needs. We provide a full range of automated and drone yard services, as well as that all too human touch that you may need, for the best rates around. Hours are Monday thru Thursday 0900 to 2000, and Friday 1100 til 1700.

>Stan Wozniak was a top notch drone designer and programmer for MCT, back in the day. Guy did some A-mazing stuff with drones and autonomous tactical software. Really ahead of his time. MCT had a change of management or a bad fiscal year and decided to cut him loose. They outright violated some patent laws, and his contract; fired him and on his ass he went. No pension. No patents. Nothing. Fraggin corps. Somehow he manged to scrape this place together.<
>Jimmy B

>No question as to how. Stan is single handedly bringing La Costra Nostra into the 21st Century. He has totally modernized their operations, at least as far as drone tech goes and surveillance. They keep him in tinker toys and cash and he has shown them some tricks that would have taken years for them to learn. <
>Solid Steel

>And it hasn't gone unnoticed either. The local Yaks have made at least three attempts on his life and firebombed his shop twice. (He was gone both times, and not because he was lucky.) Stan has some serious body guards, at least six, and I expect they may be moving him some place secure.<
>Victor
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

[align=center]Baker Street Theatre[/align]

Medium theatre, Address pending, Danny Kale - owner, Silvia Hart - manager, Bias against rich,

Baker Street Theatre is a clever play on words, fitting for the business. While there is no Baker Street in Seattle, The half theatre is open to the street which doubles as the audience. Once a promanent opera house as near as anyone can tell, half the buildiing was demolished at some point, leaving only the stage and its wings intact. Danny Kale, the founder and owner, bought the small building adjacent to the theatre to serve as the storage and offices, while the actual stage and equipment is used to put on productions. The actors and crew are all locals to the neighborhood, mostly SINless bums. Whether Silvia provides classics or homegrown scripts, the productions are often entertaining. There is limited seating on decent benches on the property which customers pay for, by peope are encouraged to bring chairs and sit on the sidealk, or watch from the roofs across the street or next to the building.

>Baker Street isn't as in bad shape as Danny would have you believe. Sure, it looks like the place is gonna fall down any minute, but that half building is rock solid and the tech equipment is pretty good, too. We don't much like rich kids hanging around, but I hear its becoming a hot spot for corp kids who want to slum it<
>Ophelia

>So where's the cred, eh? 2 nuyen a seat doesn't net you much profit, how can they afford the place and the equipment, costumes, what have ya?<
>Curious Greg

>Go look you up a book sometime, Curious, guy by the name of Sir Authur Conan Doyle wrote some stories about a guy named Sherlock Holmes, big dectective. Had a group of street kids and bums called the Baker Street Irregulars, did some tasks for him, gathered some info. 10 gets you 20 there are some runners out there who pay big cred for the info the modern Irregulars pick up. When's the last time you ever really noticed a bum, eh?<
>Watson
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

[align=center]Calico's Cat[/align]
Small Head Shop/Location Varies, always on the northern border of Puyallup/Jake Calico, Owner, Bias toward Shamen, Talismongers, Neo-Tribals, Obvious Dislike of Corporate and Law Enforcement types, Ltg NA/UCAS-SEA 425-665-4765

Jake Calico runs his smokehouse from out of the back of his heavily modified Bison. The heavily graphitti-ed vehicle lumbers through the shady streets of Puyallup like some kind of psychadelic icecream truck. He does business in all forms of mood altering drugs and devices.

>Jake's a great guy. He's the guy who turned me onto Mongolian Purple Dreams.<
>>Bladogue

>Purple Screams more like it. You best watch yourself Dog. If you feel the worms under your skin, you'd better do a hit or three of Peyote.<
>>Stormy

>That Bison is more than you'd think. I swear I saw the whole paint scheme change three times as I walked up to score some moodies.
>>Wiredlife
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

[align=center] Songs of Magic [/align]

Talismonger shop archetype/custom jewelry, border of Everett and Snohomish, Obvious dislike of people with violent tendencies. Ltg NA/UCAS-SEA 555-746-3649

Lysette Owens is the discrete owner and proprietor of this little talismonger shop, and is well known for being able to obtain even the rarest alchemical items, as well as being able to custom make almost any type of foci. Just be prepared to pay a steep price, but the quality of the items she produces. She is also well known for her handmade jewelry, which many magicians purchase for making their own foci.

>> This lady maybe a pacifist, but don't start trouble in or around her place due to the various spirits that like to hang around (seems they like her music, Phoenix shamans, go figure). And whatever you do, don't piss her off because her temper will burn as brightly as her Totem.

- Bludgeon

>> Found the hard way, eh Bludgeon? And just because she has a pretty face doesn't mean she doesn't have a sharp mind, which she does. Lysette has been known to do runs, but has become semi-retired due to her pacifistic nature. If you find a run that'll pique her interest, you couldn't ask for more solid magical support. She's been also known to lead runs for a rare object for one of her foci, and those you want to be in on since she pays very well.

-Juniper
Threadbare
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Threadbare »

Oak's Plaza Dental

Shadow Dentist's office, 3 Oak Plaza, dislike of debt collectors and members of the medical establishment, distrust of law enforcement types. Ltg 867-538-9911

The modern shadowrunner or SINless individual often overlooks some of the smaller needs, such as hygene. In particular, dental hygene. With a diet of food such as sloppy soys and high-action choco-bars, teeth can rot very easily. Unfortunately, dentistry is one area of medicine very under the thumb of corporate interests. No SIN or corporate equivalent, no fillings. It's a rare facility that breaks these rules and Dr. Forrest Sherman, DDS, runs one of them. For a few nuyen more in 'processing costs', he'll be happy to provide services to the systematically disadvantaged. His facilities are spartan, but clean, and run on normal business hours.

>Let me tell you, brother, this guy is a lifesaver. A little nervous, maybe, but I suppose that comes with dealing with folks like me. I had to get a root canal after a particularly bad bar fight, and he's the only guy who even let me in the door.
>>Silver Tooth Tony
"You never know when a silver bite comes in handy..."

>Meh, he's just doing what anyone would in his position. The Mafia's leaning on him hard, and he's doing anything he can to keep his business afloat. We just represent an untapped market. In fact, he sold me some nitrous oxide a few weeks ago, and he installed a tooth-compartment in a friend of mine's mouth just the other day. He's a good fella, though. Treats everybody like everbody else--'cept if they've got a badge, of course. I hope he stays in business.
>>Helen Wheels

[How's that? Edit it however you want]
Last edited by Threadbare on Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
_

If I wasn't so busy commanding more than one ship without holding flag rank, I would come down there to New London Towne and show a few people a thing or two about OFFICERship."
--The Commodore

Keep the Funk Alive.
Serious Paul
Devil

Honeywell Precision Tools

Post by Serious Paul »

Honeywell Precision Tools
Small Factory/Medium Warehouse Archetype,16 South Michigan Street, Abbott Honeywell, CEO and Manager, No Bias, Ltg NA/UCAS-SEA 206-767-7320

HPT is a small machine shop owned by Abbott Honeywell and his brother Richard. HPT specializes in custom machine work, ranging from automotive to lens crafting. Most of their work is specialty or highly precise and time consuming. HPT is alos last years winner of the International Small Business Leadership Award.

>HPT is run out of a small warehouse on the lower east side.Abbott Honeywell runs the business, but his brother Richard is the brains of the outfit, and responsible for keeping most of their business coming back. "Rich" is the brains. He has an advanced Engineering degree and a plethora of lesser degrees in Cybernetic Kinesiology, Nanothech Theory and Physics. HPT does a lot of concept work, and sell their successful designs to larger Corporations.<
>Bob the Builder
Can we fix it? Yes we can!

>Not just any corp chummer, no, they sell all their good stuff to Shiawase. Rich and Ab, only own 30 percent each, the other forty percent is pubicly owned, supposedly by individuals holding less than 1% each. Expect that to change. Last year alone they posted 15% profit per quater.Shiawase won't let them get picked up by local competitors.<
>Jonah Hex
Serious Paul
Devil

Cedano Sugar

Post by Serious Paul »

Cedano Sugar
Large Warehouse Archetype, South Highway 167, Pedro Cedano, Manager, No Bias, Ltg 206-440-4576

Cedano Sugar imports quality cane and beets from the Kingdomof Haw'ii for retail in the UCAS. Some of this pure sugar and beets is processed into confectionaires or sold raw to local consumers. Hours are Monday thru Saturday 0900 to 2100.

>Planning a sugar run to the TransPolar Aleut? Here's your starting point. Despite the blurb, they import from the CAS,the Phillipines and yes, Aztlan. Sugar is relatively cheap (Compared to say BTL...) and has the benefit of being completely legal in the UCAS, and most of North America. Cedano can load up an entire T-bird in just under an hour. And dirt cheap to boot.<
>Candyman

>Cedano has few friends in the Tribal Council, who have protested what they see as State Sanctioned smuggling operations. His regular shipments of cane are routinely delayed and held by the NAN, which is why he imports from all over. His home has been firebombed three times, he's been beaten and shot at, but he still sticks with it. His employees(Who are by the way, mostly Orks and Trolls and not Native Americans) treat him like a war hero for keeping the plant open and in the neighborhood.<
>Zeus
Serious Paul
Devil

Keller Chemical

Post by Serious Paul »

Keller Chemical
Large Factory Archetype,1451 Northwest 46th Street, Micheal Keller, Owner, No Bias, Ltg 206-783-5344

Keller Chemical is a chemical cleaning supply distributor for most of the Seattle area. Keller Chemical can meet your chemical storage and retail needs.

>Squatters in the neighborhood have nicknamed this place KCs Warehouse of Wet Nasties. Keller is under investigation for dumping all sorts of chemicals in the local sewers,contaminating groundwater tables and the bay. Although it appears they haven't been able to amass enough evidence against Keller or his corporation.<
>Better Neighborhood Association

>More than that chummers, way more. Keller is under investigation by the FBI for conspiracy to conceal multiple murders. Apparently he disposes of more than just chemicals in those midnight dumps. He hasn't been indicted because the feds want to get whom ever he is doing this for.<
>Zeus

>One word:: Yakuza<
>Masked Man

>Right like you'd know chummer.<
>Jimmy B
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

[align=center][glow]Public Access Matrix Terminal No: 3278[/glow][/align]

Corner of Becket St and Carnegie Rd, No Bias.

A public access matrix terminal.

>Oh god, not this.<
>Captain Chaos

>This terminal has become something of legend in the Shadowrunning community. It's not that it's any different from any of the other terminals out there (although it is older than most), just it's a piece of history that's still standing for some reason. It was from this terminal that various deckers throughout history have made some of the largest datasteals, due to it having been in such a horrific area that was later re-developed. The old terminal still stands, mostly due to the public redevelopment plans being adjusted from the terminal. It's seen brainwaves via datajacks of deckers such as Mirage, Echo Dolphin, Fastjack, and of course, the good Captain Chaos himself.<
> Chimp

>As a result of its legendary status, it's become something of a initiation amongst some deckers, to make large datasteals from that very terminal. This, however, has been picked up by the Star, and they keep an eye on the thing. Plenty of up and coming deckers have been snagged because they thought they were good enough to make a break from the fabled 3278. Sometimes they're not snagged there and there, either. Sometimes they're just logged, and the Star gives them an offer they can't refuse...<
>Ice G

>I'm so embarrassed.<
>Captain Chaos

>You're not the only one.<
>Fastjack
Nexusvoid
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Nexusvoid »

DeLon Design
Medium Retail Store/805 N Palatine Ave, Tony (Pronounced To-nay) DeLon, strong bias against the poor, LTG NA/UCAS-SEA 823-485-9203

DeLon design is one of the best places in Seattle to find the latest fashions being favored by the social elite, as well as any custom-tailored clothing that one can pay for. Much of Seattle's upper-crust is rumored to shop here, with customers ranging from mafioso to megacorporate management. All customers are equal in Tony's eyes, some more equal than others depending on the size of their credstick.

The merchandise ranges from the latest being worn in the boardrooms, to the flashiest being worn on the dancefloor. They all have one thing in common, however: their hefty pricetag.

If money isn't an object and style is your game, DeLon's is for you.

>So why the hell should we lowly Shadowrunners care?<
>Cynic

>Think about it, omae. Custom tailor jobs? Corporate elite? Someone's got to take the measurements, and any fashion designer worth his lisp is going to take the measurements by hand, or have someone do it for him. Grease the right palms and you just may be able to get a bug planted, find out what kind of heat or armor a mark is packing, or at the very least get some female suit's measurements. Karen King. Rowl.<
>Voyeur
_
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

[align=center]Lo Fong's Chinese Fortune Cookie Factory[/align]

Large factory, Adress Pending, Lo Fong

Lo Fong's is the only fortune cookie factory on the western seaboard. The factory makes over a million cookies a day for everyone from the local neighborhood restaurant to the summer homes of Tir princes. Scheduled tours of the facility are available everyday but Sunday, and custom orders are available.

>May I be the first to say what the frag?<
Crunch

>'Fortune' cookies man. Don't tell me you think all old Fong slips in them things is slips of paper? Hot BTLs, gems, hell, some of 'em even carry masked spells and C4 designed to go off when they're opened, or tracking devices and foci. This guy has the sweetest delivery method in the whole sixth world.<
Raj

>Right, and my muffin here has a fire elemental insdie keeping it warm<
Misha

>No joke, Raj? Pulled a job once, 'liberating' a few rough diamonds, Johnson had us deliver to Lo Fong's loading docks, I figured him for just a Triad front man, but maybe those diamonds went out the door in cookies...<
Jem (No Holograms)

>Confucious say men who find diamonds in fortune cookies destined for rich ends<
C0nfuciu5

>Someday C0nfuciu5, someday I'm going to find your meatbody and beat it into a bloody pulp for every one of your stupid sayings, I swear.<
Misha
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

[align=center]Steel Rain[/align]

Address (Somebody get me something on the south edge of downtown), Patches, Owner and Operator, Strong bias for the poor and toward techheads, strong bias against corpsec, Ltg NA/UCAS-SEA-815-379-2255

Just on the southern edge of downtown is Steel Rain. It&#8217;s a home away from home for nostalgic businessmen from across the Pacific. Twenty-four hours a day, you can hear the vibrantly chaotic sounds of three hundred pachinko machines in this building. They are lined up facing each other in long rows of twenty-five machines. At the end of each row is a changing machine spits out small, nearly indestructible metal-ceramic ball bearings. One nuyen will get you 400 balls.

Pachinko works like it always has, but bound spirits, holography, miniature drones and simsense have made it more than just watching the steel rain shower down through spinners and pins. These machines are always in top condition and are upgraded regularly. Steel Rain is a virtual Mecca for Japanese pachinko faithful. The prizes run the gamut from cheap food, to toys, to fairly expensive jewelry and watches.

Security is tight, as the man in charge, Patches, is Maximum Metal. So far as anyone can tell, this eight foot behemoth is at least sixty percent combat-quality cybernetics. Both legs and his left arm are full cyber replacement, and he&#8217;s been fully body plated as well. He&#8217;s always out front, and one must assume he&#8217;s got a sleep regulator as well, as he&#8217;s there for days at a time. His staff consists of three or four nice looking girls on the other side of some decent-strength armored wall and two way monitors.

Patches always has a soft spot for folks who look like they happen to be out of luck. He&#8217;s always got a few extra kilograms of ball bearings in a pocket that he happily hands over to folks who look like they could use a package of krill cakes or a cheap thermo blanket.

>You have to watch your ass around Patches, that freak throws a punch that dents a mobmaster
>Black Dog

>Sure, you feebs try to boost a couple of retired sarariman on P-man&#8217;s square, get tore up and you blame him for being in traction for a month. Bad karma dude.
>Bubbles XXX000

>Master Patches is to be commended for his most excellent work in recreating a Japanese parlor here in Seattle. My associates and I love to come and spend an enjoyable hour or two with his innovative machines.
>Mr. Magic
Last edited by Cazmonster on Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harley667
Bulldrekker

Post by Harley667 »

Bold As Brass

Weapon Shop archetype, (Address Pending), Ethan Phillips, Owner, No bias, LTG 405-667-6658

With an extremely bright and colourful exterior, this has got to be one of the most cheery looking weapon retailers in Seattle. Ethan is a genuine firearm connoisseur with a high tolerance for those less knowledgable about your average sidearm, making his small shop a little more welcoming than some of the bigger retailers. High popularity amongst your average sprawl denizen and experienced gun owner keeps trade brisk.

>Rumours have it that the owner is an ex runner, or at least someone with extensive military training and lots of field time. He's had personal experience with most of the stuff he sells and he knows what he's talking about. He's a nice guy...just don't piss him off. I've witnessed first hand what he can do armed with nothing more than a credchip and some brute force.<
-Demonifuge

>He does some off the wall custom jobs, I can tell you that for free. I love the fact my Franchi Spas has a compartment for my toothbrush.<
-Wallbanger

>Wallbanger, the drugs are working, just not in the way you think.<
-Demonifuge

>The owner is a goddamn psychopath, I tell you this now.<
-Vortex

>You wouldn't be that little punk who attempted to lift that chromed Savalette from the counter, would you? Just count yourself lucky that taser was the only thing I had to hand. Hows the limp, you little fragger?<
-PointBlank
And we all love napalm...theres one thing we've learned...that we all love napalm...its the way that it burns...
~Apprentice Thread Slayer~
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

In The Shadows
Club archetype / Aurora Street and Mercer / Owner: Rupert Mills, Manager: Mike Francis / LTG: NA/UCAS-SEA 206-821-7928

Despite the name, In the Shadows is not some sort of runner bar, rather it's a gothic/industrial/fetish nightclub int eh basement of the Universal Omnitech office tower downtown. Rupert Mills bought the entire basemetn in 2058 and has been leasing parts of it to various organizations since then.

> The basement wasn't really "bought" - it was severance pay for Rupert when Omnitech laid him off.
> Trailsinger

> That's a mighty big settlement! What did Mills <b>do</b> there?
> Rachel, ESQ

> Saw, my friend, saw. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
> Red Wraith

In the Shadows is managed by Miles Francis and several of his friends. Bemoaning the lack of clubs for people in the goth/industrial scene, Francis scraped up the money to rent 1000sq feet Friday and Saturday nights. Even without a liquor license the club was a success, and a liquor license and 5 day a week operations soon followed (The club is closed Mondays and Tuesdays.)

> Since it's downtown, the club attracts yuppies and corp kisd playing dress-up more than the organizers would like.
> Rapture

Besides the unique location, the club is well known for three things: Friendly staff and community oriented patrons, a variety of competent and creative DJs, and theme nights on the first and third Saturday of each month. Cover charge is 10y, or 20y if you don't adhere to the gothic/industrial/fetish dress code.
Last edited by Adam on Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serious Paul
Devil

The Four Winds Club

Post by Serious Paul »

The Four Winds Club
Mah Jong Parlor Archetype,16708 Aurora Avenue North, Ren Youcheng , Owner and Manager, Subtle Bias towards Non Chinese,Ltg NA/UCAS-SEA 206-546-4144

The Four Winds Club is a chinese Mah Jong Parlor and slot machine parlor. Patrons can try their hands at seventeen versions of Mah Jong, and 50 slot machines. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. The Four Winds also provides complimentary drinks for players and a buffet bar.

>Ren is a small old man with a limp, and you might not even spare him a second glance in a crowd. He has enough wetware in his head to run a small bank. The guy is unreal with numbers. He has a limp, rumor has it he had a run in with some Triad way back when and they taught him a lesson that left him limping.<
>Creeper

>Mah Jong can be a brutal game, I lost 10K in one night to these little bastards. Come prepared, know the damn game and how the rules can change.<
>Downtown Playa

>Need a hook up with the local Triads? Try here, although Ren doesn't maintain any official contacts (After what they did to him, who blames him?) but it is a not so secret that a lot of Traid boys like to hang here after scoring some dough.<
>Lo Wang
Serious Paul
Devil

Park Place Motors

Post by Serious Paul »

Park Place Motors
Large Automobile Dealership Archetype, 500 S. Jackson St., Christopher McGraw, General Manager, No Bias, Ltg NA/UCAS-SEA 425-562-1000

With two locations one in Downtown, and the other located about fifteen miles east of Downtown (13710 Northup Way, Bellevue), Park Place Motors is an authorized dealer for Cobra, Lotus, Ferrari, Eurocar, Saleen S19, Porsche,Panoz, Acura, Audi, BMW, Maserati, Mercedes, SAAB, and many more Luxury cars. Servicing the Seattle and Bellevue area since 1986, we specialize in New and preowned vechiles.Our 10 bay service department makes us one of the largest, and most well equipped dealerships outside of Europe.

>DROOL! Man these guys have a little bit of everything on the lot. If you have valid ID, and alarge enough cred stick you can even test drive one of these bad ass cars!<
>Alien Tourist
From out of town

>The Manager Chris McGraw is a savvy entrepeneur. Despite a slumping market for Luxury Vechiles of all sorts, he has managed to expand Park Places sales every year. A lot of Corporations get program cars for the upper echelon executives here.<
> Drexel
Yeah, they're blue sunglasses. Close your mouth.

>Heres a little tidbit kiddies, McGraw has a son, Willie, who likes to borrow his fathers cars, straight from the lot, to make courier runs. Seems Willie has a bit of a chip and gambling problem. In the past he has also provided discreet rental services to various runners, and othe runsavorys in exchange for some cold hard cred.Need a flashy set of wheels? Know how to ask nicely? Here your sweet spot chummer.<
>The Saint
Serious Paul
Devil

The Eatery

Post by Serious Paul »

The Eatery
Small restraraunt Archetype,48 Yesler Way,Lynn Briemayer,Owner, Bias Towards Non Ghoul, No Ltg

The Eatery is an establishment that most tourist will never see, nor want to if they are lucky. Designed to be a neutral place where Ghouls, a small minority that is rapidly growing in Seattle, can meet and discuss thier daily lives over a bite to eat. Hidden behind a small cannery the Eatery is very strict on admitting Ghouls only, and maintaining its secrecy.

>Talk about all the ambience of an abbatoir. This place is lit like a graveyard on a moonless night and smells like a slaughterhouse at highnoon. And listening to these bone crunching cannibals is like listening to someone scartch a chalkboard witht heir fingernails.Avoid this joint at all costs, unless yuo want to be part of that nights Ala Cart menu.<
>Digger

>Ghouls don't see like you and me Chummers. This place is barely lit in the traditional sense, but in astral this place is lit like a friggin' carnival. Some sort of anchored spell lights this joint. Remember that chumpals.<
>Snake
Serious Paul
Devil

Madame Xus Massage Parlor

Post by Serious Paul »

Madame Xus Massage Parlor
Small Massage Parlor Archetype, Corner of Virginia St and Terry Ave, Madame Xu Way,Manager, Subtle Bias Against Orks, Ltg NA/UCAS-SEA 206-442-8690

Are your aching muscles troubling you? Madame Xus has the remedy for you. Hourly and daily rates.

>Man after a long hard run nothing is better than a trip to Madame Xus. Her girls are the best at what thye do!!! <
>Harbringer

>Madame Xu is not actually a real person, but a cover Identity. They rotate girls, taking their turn as Madame Xu.This place is a triad run establishment. Mess around and it might be tragic.<
>Downtown Playa
Harley667
Bulldrekker

Post by Harley667 »

The Dancing Ronin

Nightclub Archetype, (Address pending), Koshiro Mishura, owner, slight bias against trolls and orks, LTG 532-982-3221

One of the more bizarre nightspots in Seattle, the Dancing Ronin is contained within what appears at first glance to be nothing more than a large warehouse. A small, comparitively subtle green neon sign indicates the entrance. However the inside of the club is something of a marvel to behold. The spacious interior has been segmented into four distinctly different musical areas with the use of giant slabs of specially treated reinforced glass, so that nightclub patrons appear to be dancing inside one of four giant rectangular prisms, two at ground level, two on the first floor. Sound proofed "buffer" areas containing walkways and stairwells provide access to adjoining sections, in addition to some small seating areas provided for tired partygoers to escape the noise and relax in comparitive peace for a few minutes.

<Here's the voice of experience, ladies. I wouldn't suggest wearing any low cut tops when you're dancing on any of the ground level rooms otherwise you'll attract a lot of attention, unwanted or otherwise, from those dancing immediately above you. Drool on glass is so passe.>
-Razorsmile

<All that glass, I bet it looks *really* pretty at the end of a hard nights partying, with the sweat, the beer and the drool. Nice. Who's stupid idea was this?>
-Ubergeist

< A great place to go if you want to make friends with the Yakuza, thats for sure. Watch your step. I also heard the Dancing Ronin has a well hidden fifth basement area which is little more than a combat arena, where those unfortunate enough to offend the Yaks sensibilities get treated to their own private 'party'. At best you'll get a severe beating, at worst...use your imagination, chummers. >
-TenTonHammmer

<All of TenTonHammers observations are simply rumours started by my less successful competitors in a fit of jealously. The Yakuza hold no sway in my establishment and all this talk of a secret 'combat arena' is pure fiction.>
-JadeDragon

<Yeah right! I got some pretty unfunny scars from your nonexistent arena, you fraghead!> <<<DisplayImage:SuckingChestWound.jpg>>>
-ColdSteele

<Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.>
-TenTonHammer.
And we all love napalm...theres one thing we've learned...that we all love napalm...its the way that it burns...
~Apprentice Thread Slayer~
Serious Paul
Devil

Seattle Liquor Distrubution Warehouse

Post by Serious Paul »

Seattle Liquor Distrubution Warehouse
Large Warehouse Archetype,15455 65th Avenue South, Franko Cosso, Manager, No Bias, Ltg NA/UCAS-SEA 206-0214-1240

Seattle controls Liquor retailing very closely, this central Warehouse allows them to distribute alcohol evenly to the outlying districts.

>Liquor comes straight from boat or plane to here. It is labeled and sent to local retailers.<
>Zeus

>The Mob runs this place. Plain and simple. They control the trucks and who gets what. Want some major booze cheap? See Franko Cosso, he is the Mobs man on the inside.<
>Nature Boy
100% natural, taste tests available
Serious Paul
Devil

KSBW Channel 233

Post by Serious Paul »

KSBW Channel 233
Small Trideo Station Archetype, Location Varies, Managers Vary, No Bias, No Ltg

KSBW Channle 233 is an independent Pirate Trideo Station that operates from a series of vans and pirated stellittes. They particularly like to subvert corporate channels, and Aztlan sponsored stations. Their broadcast format is very anticorporate and proenvironment.

>They are also neck deep in the Seattle Independence Movement. Although no one really runs KSBW, Nicholas Ivanovich is the force behind the Independence peoples. He has connections with a lot of the polis that run the steets of downtown and has manged to scoop some of the bigger stations at times. Guy is a pitbull.<
>Solid Steel

>Which is why his entourage is mostly muscle boys from the SIM. Apparently NBS and the others took exception to being second best. Nick lost his woman Rose in what was dubbed by the Star as an accidental electrocution. The SIM boys decided they wanted some hard boys with him at all times, which didn't sit so well with Nick at first. he kept trying to duck them. I guess they must have figured a way to make him see the light.<
>Face

>Well after a couple of Corp Hitters made a pizza pie out of his face, he saw reason.<
>Amos
Serious Paul
Devil

The Dennis Steinmeijer Monument.

Post by Serious Paul »

The Dennis Steinmeijer Monument.
Small Island Archetype/Monument, Bainbridge Island, David Reeves, Caretaker and Manager, Bias Towards Hostile People, Ltg NA/UCAS-SEA206-842-4243

Dedicated in the year after Dennis Steinmeijers death in 2050, this monument is dedicated towards the warrior principles he upheld so well in life. A thirty foot statue of Dennis Steinmeijer was erected along with three Dojo buildings. The islands monks take good care of the grounds and have begun construction on a rock garden.

>These guys are weird, chummer. They preach all that nonviolence crap, but they must practice Martial Arts Katas 16 hours a day, and gawd help you if you pick a fight witht hese guys. They'll escort you to the docks and on to the first boat back to Downtown.<
>MCA

>Dennis Steinmeijer was a physical Adept, and a dmaned good one.The monks were originally his students, and after his death they built this place to pay homage to a great teacher. Need a quiet place to lay low and lick your chops? They might help you. Need to learn a fighting style? Chances are they know it.<
>Home Piece

>The whole Island is beautiful. Serene gardens, statues of great warriors, Monks teaching classes. Its almost like a bad amrtial arts movie, if weren't so damn serious. A lot of the Monks are also PhysAds,and a couple are also rumored to be mages and initiates.<
>Zeus
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Three Points Bar and Grill

Post by Cazmonster »

[align=center]Three Points Bar and Grill[/align]

Greets, Y’all. Three Points is back in business. Come on in and take a load off. We’ve got what you’ve been craving and we’re not about to jack up the prices. Relax in our bar and order something from the kitchen.
[align=right]Mead Johanessen[/align]

[align=center]SPECIALS[/align]
Monday - Meat Pie A hearty potato crust filled with a collection of cultured & soyrep meat, reel™ eggs, veggies and thick, rich gravy topped with a pastry shell. 6.00¥
Tuesday - Shrimp Bowl A generous bowl of pasta or rice topped with your choice of eastern, garlic, grilled, or spicy shrimp. 4.50¥ Extra Krill Protein. 1.00¥
Wednesday - Swedish Meatballs My sainted Aunt’s recipie of secret spices and old-world technique updated for today’s eater. Served with potatoes and a vegetable. 4.00¥
Thursday - All You Can Eat Chili That about covers it. Remember, the later in the day, the hotter the pot. (Reg. Sins only) 7.00¥
Friday - Fish Fry My good friends at the market haven’t let this old Catholic down yet. Two full filets, deep-fried, with a pile of matchstick fries. 5.75¥

[align=center]ASIAN COOKING[/align]
Tempura Check with your server for meat selection, served with traditional sauces and a bowl of rice. 5.25 ¥
Fried Rice A heaping bowl of prepared rice, with krill, eggs, onions, peapods, and other assorted vegetables. 3.25 ¥
Cooked Fish A rail-driver’s recipe of slow-cooked salmon. Served as a soup. 4.00¥
Asian Treasure My personal mixture of imported vegetables, authentic spices and real chicken or pork over your choice of starch 7.50 ¥
Yakitori, Egg Rolls, or Crabstar Rangoon 2.75 ¥

[align=center]SANDWICHES[/align]
Served with Roper’s famous Potatoe™ chips, a pickle spear and your choice of fixins.
Soup or fries instead? +0.75¥
Burger Sure it’s soy, but it’s cheap. 2.50¥
Krillburger Better flavor, more calories to the ounce, almost like beef! 3.25 ¥ W/cheeze® +0.35¥
Beefburger Check for availability, always a Three Points favorite/ 4.75¥ W/cheeze® +0.35¥
Sludgeburger Two burger patties, smothered in melted cheese, chili and soybacon 6.00¥
Ham & Cheese Here’s a Real one for you, thin sliced ham and aged swiss on a roll, also served hot. 5.35 ¥
Turkee® Club Served on toast with soybacon, lettuce, tomatoes and our own special dressing 3.00¥
Yellowjacket We marinate a chicken breast in our hottest sauce and grill it. It’s served with cheeze® and hot black bean molé. 5.25¥
Soysalad Soyrep, onions and celery in a dressing so good, you’ll forget what you’re eating, served on toasted wheat with a hard-boiled egg. 2.95¥
Mead’s Rueben Guaranteed beef, no matter the season, served up with enough dark rye, sauerkraut, swiss cheese and thousand island dressing to satisfy a troll. 6.65¥

[align=center]Dinner Selection[/align]
The Traveler Two thin cut steaks, served with toast, potatoes, and the vegetable of the day. 5.65¥
Fair Deal A healthy bowl of loaded chili with corn bread or tortillas. 5.15¥
Turkee® Dinner Three slices of high quality turkee® with potatoes, stuffing, gravy and vegetables. 6.85¥
Horseshoe An import from out east! A double-thick krillburger, chicken breast, hamsteak or turkee® steak, on three pieces of toast, covered in fries, smothered in cheese and served steaming. 7.25¥
Tonight’s Pasta See your server for details, but it’s always full of rich protien and old-world goodness. Served with garlic bread and Italian greens. 6.15¥
Runner’s RewardYour choice of a 16 oz Iowa steak or a full rack of smoked pork ribs. Served with potato, vegetable and salad. A Real treat. Market Price.

Now we wouldn’t call ourselves a bar if we didn’t have a selection to beat those places downtown. If you don’t see what you want, call me over and I’ll see what I can do.

12oz draft 1.50¥
20oz draft 2.50¥
64oz draft pitcher 6.00¥

Coors, Miller, Molson Golden, Shimisham, Tsing Tao, Tecate, Saederbrau, Puget’s Own
Import Bottles 3.00¥
Rolling Rock, Heineken, Leinekugel, Kirin, Corona, Beck’s, Sammy Adam’s Seasonals
Draft Guinness 5.00¥
Well Drinks 2.25¥
Top Shelf 4.75¥
Shots 2.00¥
Top Shelf 4.50¥

Sloppy Soys Our new addition, we heard you and got one of these babies. You can get a thick or doublethick in any of the following flavors: Apple, Banana, BarBQ, Beef, Bran, Broccoli, Butterscotch, Cheese, Cherry, Chicken, Chili, Chocolate, Coke, Cookie Dough, Corn, Cranberry, Egg, Grape, Green River, Ham, Jambalaya, Kiwi, Krispie, Kung Pao, Lime, Mango, Marshmallow, Mint, Mountain Dew, Mushroom, Oat, Passion Fruit, Peach, Peanut Butter, Pemican, Pizza, Potato, Red Bean, Rice, Seafood, Smoked Turkey, Squash, Strawberry, Sweet & Sour, Vanilla, Walnut, Wasabi, Watermelon and Wheat.
Guaranteed to contain all the vitamins and minerals the UCASDA recommends.
Thick 3.00¥
Doublethick 4.50¥
Sloppy Beer 6.00¥
House Wine, glass 3.50¥
bottle 10.00¥
Soft Drinks all you care to drink 1.50¥
Coffee a bottomless cup 1.00¥

[align=center]MEAD’S STUFFERS[/align]
Basket of fries Seasoned to order 1.50¥
Chicken Wings Mild, Hot or Ouch 4.25¥
Onion Rings A Three Points Classic 2.25¥
Pizza by the Slice ask your server 2.15¥
Poppers Awakened peppers? You bet 3.75¥
Last edited by Cazmonster on Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

(Getting back on track here)

[align=center]The War Pit[/align]
Large Warehouse, Alan "Viper" Reeds owner/operator

The War Pit is the place to go in Seattle for simulated combat. From Matrix games that pit hacker against hacker to cage fights to chess, if you can play it head to head, you can find it at the War Pit. Please remember all patrons must have a designated next of kin on file as well as any medical problems and a signed waiver.

>Truth in advertizing, how refreshing. It is exactly as stated, Viper runs everything here, and anyone, SIN or not, is welcome as long as the waiver's on file. I've seen Firewatch teams go head to head with Red Samurai in The Pit itself, and street punks duke it out fist to fist with their probation officers, and nobody says nothing, its all neutral ground, everyone wants to place to stay open, so nobody brings any heat down<
>Firefighter

>Viper? Ooh, scary. So what's so hot about The Pit anways, just another of the games going on?<
>Curious Greg

>You'd better be scared. You've obviously never met the guy. Square's the best word for 'im, 5'3" and built like a brick. Not a drop of cyber neither. Rumor has it he's ex-UCAS Black Ops. All I know is that he took down the whole Steel Talons gang one night while I was there. Broke a lot of cyberspurs, but not a sweat. One mean fragger if you piss him off.<
>Mad Hacker

> The Pit...the main event on Friday nights...take 16 fraggers who got a death wish and shut 'em all in a four story warehouse reinforced with steel whose layout changes every week. Hide a bunch of real weapons down in there, and Viper spins the Wheel of Doom, sometimes its last one standing while Nuerostun seeps into the place, sometimes its collect 10 IDs, sometimes its find the exit first. All lethal, all real. Last time I ever accepted a job when the J said "all you gotta do is fight for a little while"<
>Riff Hardeyes

>Of course, least you be left with the impression that it is all barbaric violence, I will interject that the mental challanges are quite exceptional as well. Of particular popularity of late is the foci ladder, there is quite a pitched battle to see who can reverse engineer a focus to its basic makeup in the quickest amount of time<
>Soulfire
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
Serious Paul
Devil

Salga Puedos

Post by Serious Paul »

Salga Puedos
Medium Bar and Grill Archetype,56 Bolivar Ave, Simon Bolivar Chavez, Manager, Subtle Bias Against non Latinos and Elfs, No Ltg

Located South of Downtown this Bar is popular with the local hispanic populace. Prices on drinks are cheap and the food is spicy but affordable.

>Dude.<

>Parker

>What? What?<

>Toro

>Do you know what Salga Puedos means?<

>Parker

>No, what?<

>Toro

>It means Get out while you still can.This place is very, very, very popular with certain off duty Aztlan employees.<

>Parker
Serious Paul
Devil

OverLord Technologies

Post by Serious Paul »

[glow]OverLord Technologies[/glow]

President/CEO : Victor Charon
Chairman of the Board: Evirr Lylesberg
Corporate Status: Public
Major Share Holders:
Warren Ricardus 18%
Zherr Dharvis 27%
Lashana Vinter 23%
Katarina Bartleby 32%

Net Rating: 91

Major Intrests:
Aerospace: 5
Agriculture: 0
Biotechnology:5
Chemicals: 6
Computer Engineering: 4
Computer Science: 4
Consumer Goods: 0
Cybernetics: 8
Entertainment: 0
Finance: 1
Heavy Industry: 3
Mystical Goods and Services: 8
Military Technology: 11
Service: 5

Operations:
Fiscal:6
Intelligence: 5
Management: 7
Security: 10
-Matrix 7
-Magical 9
-Physical 10
-Military 11

Founded by V. Charon in 2044, in Seattle.OverLord Technologies is located north of Matthews Beach Park, just offshore from Lakeshore Blvd NE. Charon, who is something of a gun-nut and has more than a little knowledge of them, was not satisfied with the quality of weapons at the time. There was little he could do about it, however, until he was struck by a car, using the money he got from the lawsuit afterwards (minus medical expenses), he started playing to hunches on the stock market. More than a few paid off, and he soon had enough to start up the company. OLT has steadily grown since its founding, quality and efficiency bringing what mass production couldn't.

Stock performance is erratic, like all the others, but there is a steady upward climb amidst the peaks and drops.

Relations between OLT the the Big Ten are rather neutral, OLT not seeming to be large enough of a threat to take more than brief notice of. The exception is Ares, which tends to take OLT somewhat more seriously than the other megas do. The seriousness of the attention tends to vary, and is open to interpretation.

The OLT Headquarters building is actually not onshore, it is located in Lake Washington, just north of Matthews Park and east of Lakeshore Blvd NE.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Enigma

Small Club and Restaurant Archetype / Winter, Owner, Exclusive Membership/

Known as THE place for Corporate Executives, Enigma offers the high powered businessman or woman a chance to relax in the comfort they deserve. Their bar stocks a collection of the rarest spirits in the world and they employ 3 ***** gourmet chefs versed in world cuisine. Club hours are 4pm until 5am.

Each member is treated to a very private eating and drinking area. Any person wishing to join this club must be sponsored by an existing member. In the corporate world, you aren't a player until you hold a card for this club.

>>>End "official" version. Truth is you'll never see any corporate "executive" in the place. It's all just a cover. If you can find someone with an "in", security will allow you into the club proper. It's a two drink minimum cover where a beer will run you 1,000 nuyen.

-Mr.S<<<

>>>FRAG THAT! A grand a drink just to hang with some overly rich dreks?

-Trixie<<<

>>>It's worth every nuyen. S didn't say WHY people go to Enigma. If you want to find information on anyone or anything, this is the place to go. Every seating area comes with a panel that controls a small light over the table. Red means you want privacy, Green means you are looking for info, Yellow if you are there to sell, Blue if you are there to trade. Information peddlers will go from table to table trading information for information or nuyen. The cost is worth it for the paydata you can get from this place.

-MadameDoko<<<

>>>So how the frag do you get in this place?

-SamIam<<<

>>>Well that's the tricky part. You CAN'T break into this place. The guards at the doors are all Adepts and when my chummer took a look astrally they saw some heavy mojo protecting the place. There are people around the city that can "sponsor" you into the club (read: give you a card you pass to the guards and they let you in). Expect to cough up some serious cash for the invite.

-Mr.S<<<

>>>Try the Tailor down the street from the Ares tower, "Viggo Telli's." Ask for Gus. If he likes you, he can get you in.

-Eye-Spy<<<

>>>So who is Winter? Anyone have info on him?

-SamIam<<<

>>>Find that answer and you'll have a lifetime membership to Enigma and a hefty surge to your bank account. Just don't bother asking at the club. It's the quickest way to the door.

-Mr.S<<<

>>>Winter will always tell it to you straight.

-MadameDoko<<<
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

Last edited by Eliahad on Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Mamma J's Bistro and Cyber Cafe

Small Cafe.

Harkening back to the days when all everyone wanted was a cup of coffee and an (going way back here) internet connection. Mamma 'J' Jennifer Alton has set up this small NeoRetroNeoBeatnik cafe in the basement of a residential highrise. Everything she could think of went into this place: Deep Plush Armchairs, Pillows Galore, Odd Shapped Tables and Chairs, and don't forget...Real Coffee. Come for the smokey atmosphere, come for the comfortable 'trix chairs. Come for poetry night! Come to Mamma J's tonight!

>>>>{And pick up a run by 2 AM]
- Coffee Lover's Delight

>>>>{Or slag a bank. Word is MammaJ pays for the real coffee so the rest of her clients don't have to pay as much. Her connection is apparently top of the line, and her grid practically untraceable.]
- Java Bean

>>>>[Yeah, if you believe all the drek you read on the nodes. Think about what you're saying then talk. Grids are grids. You can have trouble getting in, but the data trail always leads you back.]
- The Voice of Reason

>>>>
- Jave Bean

>>>>[I know you're wrong.]
- The Voice of Reason

>>>>[Thank you for the enlightening comments, both of you, now get out, I'm trying to enjoy myself. <Sluuuurp.Effect>]
- Obsidian
Serious Paul
Devil

Orchard Trailer Park

Post by Serious Paul »

Orchard Trailer Park
Trailer Park Archetype, 4011 South 146th Street, Jerry Shaw, Manager, No Bias, LTG NA/UCAS-SEA 206- 243-1210

Orchard Trailer Park is a run down nasty slum by all appearences, but deep inside this park is much more than trailer trash barbie ever bargained for chummers. The Seattle Independence Movement maintains a substantial armory and a number of safe houses. The movement uses this warren of winding and crowded trailers to rest up and paln their operations in Seattle.

>This place is rated a blanket Z by Lone Star, and if they send any one inside for any reason they usually send at least htree Mobmasters and air support. The SIM boys make any incursion into this park a real experience-its not unusual to find hardened bunker or two with AntiTank Missiles and PACs on hard points. The Feds are forever trying to get some one on the inside of this place, but as of yet have had little luck.<

>Sarge

>The Movement is financed by alot of Corporations indirectly-The Big Ten would love to have Seattle in their pockets like New York. A lot of Seattles prominent citizens fund the movement as well. One Corporation that isn't funding the Movement is Ares Macrotechnology. Ares has sponsored several runs specifically targeted at Property damage and the Movements Leaders. The recent influx of military grade heavy weapons has made these runs especially dangerous of late.<

>Zeus

>A walk thru this park is like a step into hell.Raw Sewage, and trash make that walk a sweet one, add to that the armed camp mentality and the occasional firefight, and you get the scene. The city has allowed services to lapse, or outright cancelled them. Fire crews have been directed not respond to the Park unless the fire threatens to spread outside the park. Electricity has been cut as well as other utilities. Teh Movement has managed to pirate some of these services or set up their own, but some of the local corps have also ignored the Goverments orders and continued to provide services.<

>Face
Serious Paul
Devil

Cascade Center

Post by Serious Paul »

Cascade Center
Small Hospital and Clinic Archetype,19655 1st Avenue South, Dr. Keith Lochrain, Cheif Medical Resident, Bias Towards Asians, Ltg NA/UCAS-SEA 206-824-9992

This facility located just south of Sea-Tac has some of the hottest slicers this side of Chiba, and some SOTA ware not normally found out side Miltary Chop Shops. Its location near the Air Port makes it popular with all sorts of customers, not all locals either. Dr Keith Lochrain was a Naval Surgeon who spent time cutting for the SEALs and Force Recon.

>The good doctor also cuts for the local Intel boys-NSA and CIA hard boys get their wires here. Lochrains papers list him as retired, honorable discharge with numerous decorations but he obviously has some connections, which explains his access to the real neat hardware.<

>Downtown Playa
Serious Paul
Devil

Wihelmi Lysleul

Post by Serious Paul »

Wilhelmi Lysleul
Winery Archetype, 1416 34th Avenue, Seattle,Madeline Lysleul, Owner and Manager, NO Bias Ltg NA/UCAS-SEA 206-325-3051

Sprawling across a dozen acres, Wilhelmi Lysleul produces some two thousand cases of wine each year. Tasting rooms are available by appointment and during the summer, usually June. Prices range from a hundred nuyen a bottle to over ten thousand nuyen a bottle. Lysleul also makes their own cheeses making this a must see for any one visting Seattle.

>Want to impress a contact? A date? Any one? Heres the place to do it. This place has World Class Wines, and some of the best Cheese outside of Wisconsin.Its exspensive as all get out, but man the view alone is worth it. A dozen acres of pristine orchards, good food and a great sun set make this palce an A on my list<

>Alicia DeVries
Path of the Fury

>Lysleul also houses some very secure tasting rooms, with Magical Security and antisurveillance devices of all sorts. High tech stuff. Physical security isn't very obtrusive, they prefer passive detection systems and Hard Boys to handle problems quietly.<

>Alien Tourist
From out of Town

>They do provide secure access points to the Matrix as well, for a price.<

>Zeus
Serious Paul
Devil

Prestons

Post by Serious Paul »

Prestons
Nightclub Archetype, 4818 17th Avenue Northwest, Trey Preston, Manager, No Bias, Ltg NA/UCAS-SEA 206-782-1680

Prestons is located on the roof top of the Naori Building. With a large pool, a two story Trideo screen and an open air patio area, Prestons is one of Seattles Premeire Night spots.

>Trey Preston was a Star Detective for the better part of a decade. started off as Street Patrol, did some time as a FRT boy, and another three eyars in Vice. How he managed to front he capitol to buy this joint is a point of contention. Prestons has a strict dress code, and those who don't lokk liek they spent enough on their wardrobe won't be admitted.<

>Parker

>No contentions chummer, Trey Preston was a dirty ass cop. He took every form of kick back and bribe there was. He has connections with La Costra Nostra, thats how he afforded this place after loosing his pension.<

>Jimmy B

>Its not uncommon to see some of Seattles hottest models and Stars hobnobbing with the underworlds glitteratzi. Security is unobtrusive but tight, and a lot of these kids come complete with matchig body guards.<

>Zeus
Last edited by Serious Paul on Sun Aug 25, 2002 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

[align=center]Trideo Shack [/align]

Small retail store, 503 S. Jackson Street, Jakob Michkoff, No Bias, LTG NA/UCAS-SEA 206-748-5202

Trideo Shack is an international chain of small component electronics stores. Each store is an individually owned franchise under Cross Applied Technologies.
TS offers the widest variety of components ranging from resistors and capacitors to adapters, cables and miscellaneous technological bits for electronic devices everywhere.

>This place is THE place to find that special adapter you need.<
>Ampere
I like beans!

>You can practically make your own detonators, switches, etc from the selection of misc. junk they have in there. The technician/ salesmen are about useless. The owner is the only knowledgeable one there<
>Heartstone
Make it hurt so good!

>They also have all kinds of cheap deck parts, trideo sets, portable communications and of course, toys! Emphasis on cheap,<
>UniFlash
Ouch, I'm not supposed to bend that way!
Last edited by Ampere on Sun Aug 25, 2002 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Crossroads Shopping Mall
Small Mall archetype.

The Crossroads Shopping Mall is a quaint little establishment sitting humbly in its upper middle class surroundings. Consisting of about twenty stores, with two larger department stores, it happens to be one of the smaller malls in Seattle, but that does not mean it is lesser than its bigger brothers. No, the Crossroads takes pride in its design…and its unusually large Toy Store.

The two-level complex divides the smaller stores between two floors. The second level is a balcony level opening over a large open mall garden. Two larger “bridges” connect the sides taking care to not block the precious sunlight that filters down from skylights that run the length of the promenade. Escalators and Elevators are located at either end of the Mall. Entrances are located through the center of the mall, and through each of the Department stores.

The focal of the Crossroads, however, is Ergen’s Toy Store. A huge affair that takes up both levels, Ergen’s rests opposite Macy’s and Sears-Penny’s snuggling nicely in the center of the mall. The decoration is that of most children’s dreams; life-size versions of current toys stand at attention while a huge creation of connecting blocks depicts an ancient castle complete with knight and a fire-breathing dragon.

>>>>>[The only real point of any interest in the Crossroads is Ergen's Toy Store. Everything else you can find there is just an overpriced version of anything you can find at any other store across the greater metropolitan area. Of course, it appeals more to the children than anything else.]
- White Lightning

>>>>>[Word is that there's a small arms dealer operating from somewhere in the Crossroads, but I haven't been able to get in contact with anyone who could get me in contact so I don't know the details.]
- Social Inept

>>>>>[I do know that Ergen actually had to shut down the store a couple years ago, anyone have any details on that?]
- Chromed Coif

>>>>>[Transformers...it was all about Transformers.]
- Maximus Prime

>>>>>[Literraly, he'd had his prized collection down and a bunch of 'runners shot it out trying to get it back. Apparently they had to hunt down Geppetto and Pinnochio to get it back. I kid you not, sometimes I wish I were...kidding, I mean.]
- Obsidian
Chocolate sauce on a buttery nipple. *Bliss*
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

[align=center]Amp's Olde Repair Shoppe[/align]

Vehicle Repair Shop Archetype, 3259 Perkins Lane W, Ahira, Head Mechanic, No Bias, LTG NA/ UCAS-SEA 206-785-2237

A medium-sized warehouse just off Magnolia Blvd, Amp's Olde Repair Shoppe is run by it's head mechanic, a man only known as Ahira. He charges fair prices for above average quality work, but make sure that you call ahead. The quality of work has brought back several regulars, and the work orders often are more than Ahira and his assistants can tackle in one day.

>>Above average is right, if only a bit of an understatement. Ahira does top notch work, and charges less than most of his competators would. Rumor has it that he also does other, less legitimate, business, including re-sprays, counterfeit license plates, and some not-so-legal upgrades. Most walk-ins and about half of the regulars don't know this though, since you'd have to know Ahira or one of his assistants personally to even think about getting a job like that done.<<

>All-Out<

>>Amp's Olde Repair Shoppe doesn't just work on cars and bikes Chummers. I've seen helicopters, boats, even Ahira's personal Deuce-And-A-Half, a monster of a truck known as Angelina. Don't think about ripping the man off though, or trying to steal something from him. Rumor has it that there's enough explosives and weaponry to take on Ft. Lewis' entire complement of troops.. and win.<<

>Talon
No, I'm not that mage from Boston.<

>>Ahira has his connections to the underworld of Seattle. He was the rigger and mechanic for a runner group, run by a man called Amp. His connections run deep, and a few of his team-mates still work with him, even though the group has been disbanded for almost a year<<

>JRico<
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

[align=center]School of the Red Dragon[/align]

School, Chinatown Seattle, Xian Zhong - Owner, Bias against Triad, LTG NA/UCAS-SEA ??

An abandoned bank, the building bears no name, nor has any signs. Those who live in the area are the only ones who know that the school exsists. Those who study the art of kung fu behind its walls come from the slums of Chinatown, and gave it its name because of the master who teaches them.

>Its surreal, it is. My mother says it used to be a Savings & Loan building. Now its China once you go inside. The glass roof fell away long ago, and the upper stories are full of pitfalls. Master Zhong has planted bamboo and other plants in the old courtyard, she has, and teaches in the lower level rooms.<
Sohn Chu

>So...the Red Dragon? Isn't that well, a little cliched?<
Curious Greg

>Xian Zhong, aka Inferno, aka the Blossom of the Lotus Triad's most sought after target, "The Red Dragon". A master of the blade and kung fu, a dangerous woman with ruby red eyes and a balance tail to match. The actual address of the school is $dg^7*4...PANIC NOW!...<Ah, my apologies, but certain information should not be revealed to all those who use this connection>...END PANIC...%8*#209n't say I never gave you anything<
Captain Obvious
If it isn't Obvious, it isn't the complete story

>I am in your debt, friend. I shall repay you for your troubles.<
Steel
_
"Are you alright?"
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

[align=center]Firefly's Jar[/align]

Firefly Island, Elliot Bay, Jennifer Estasi - Propritor/Lead Chemist, No Bias, LTG NA /UCAS-SEA 206-171-8881

Firefly's Jar is the leading manufactrer of custom, hand-made fireworks. Located on a small island formed from land reclaimed from the bay, Firefly's does a brisk business selling to those who want that little extra something, or that unique display for the corporate party.

>Fireworks, piffle, sparkley, or fireworks boom, flashy?<
Misha

>She'll do custom explosives, if you can afford it. She takes pride in her work, and doesn't want any heat coming down on the store. No tracable residue, no ritual links possible back to her, its near perfect, but expensive as hell, and she needs lead time to make it<
Reese

>But is she any good, or just have a nice cookbook?<
Posh

>Yes. Jen's a double degreed Chemist and Chemical Engineer. She knows her stuff. Give her some residue, and she can not only determine what type of explosive it was, but trace it back to the factory, sometimes even a batch number, based on the chemical composition.<
Symphony
_
"Are you alright?"
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

(Yeah, I know, I'm two months late, and I apologize profusely.)

[align=center]Twisted Lemon's House of Magic[/align]

Redmond, proprietorship Jason McReel, LTG NA /UCAS-SEA 593-345-6131

Twisted Lemon's House of Magic is a hole-in-the-wall on the eastern part of the Barrens. The shop is owned and run by Jason McReel, who will no doubt insist you call him Lemon. A former mage, McReel lost his magical capabilities after a car accident.

>If you consider getting shot by a RPV a car accident, then that's mostly true. One of the team members he was running with panicked and slapped a trauma patch on him, which dulled his magic and somehow cut off his ability to Project. It was a downward spiral from there.<
Greenboy

>How far down?<
Munching Man

>He's burned out. Used drugs and beetles to try to get the same experience he did in the astral, and they took their toll. If there's no one at the counter and no one answers when you call, he's probably passed out in the back after a score.<
Darwin's Monkey

Most of the items availible in his store are unenchanted, lucky charms and the like for the local superstitious gangs, but he does except unconventional payment for what few real foci and talismans he does sell.

>By "unconventional" they mean "chips or blow," and while there's not much real magic in the shop, the stuff he does have is some powerful drek - leftovers from his old running days, I'd guess, and availible on the cheap.<
Darwin's Monkey
Moto42
Wuffle Master

Post by Moto42 »

Checkpoint 341

Location: Rout 507 on the border of Seattle and Salish <from the map at the end of SR2>.

Checkpoint 341 is a good example of why UCAS soldiers should not be allowed to drink while guarding the border. Originaly a customs checkpoint who's higher-ups where a little to lax on their lackies, it obtained additional funding after one to many successful 'runner teams made it accross at high speed with a large amount of persuit from the Salish forces. The funds were meant to go into beefing up defenses a little, instead it went into adding some recreational facilities. Then a retired UCAS soldier started "Smities" a small bar/night club right next door (the two buildings share a wall) and things got even more interesting. Word got around about the cheap drinks and good atmosphere of the club and it was quikly turning a solid profit. About 3 months later the bar's name was changed to "Checkpoint 341" and began to admit only UCAS soldiers. The bordor checkpoint rec-room was opened up to the bar's patrons and suddenly the easiest paved road to make an illeagle border crossing became the most heavily guarded in all of Seattle. The entire facility has something of a party atmosphere, yet the guards on duty are more vigilant than ever before add to this that they can call up any/all of the nearby bar's patrons for off-duty re-enforcement in a pinch and you have on average about 40 guards (some of them slightly drunk) in a place that should normal only have 5 or 10.

<edit>There is a definate Pro-UCAS political leaning here. If you speak out on the evils of the nation here you'll quikly find yourself outside with many interesting bruises. They don't discriminate against meta's either.</edit>

It's pretty rough right here. But it is (I think) a really cool thing to put somewhere in your campaign.

Wesley "Moto42" Williams