3278.freespeech-alpha.com

For products of the right brain in all its forms, original works reside here for display, comment, critique or annoyance, take your pick.
No-Life Loser

3278.freespeech-alpha.com

Post by 3278 »

For the first time, I am making available my full catalog of works, finished and unfinished, online. I will add more songs periodically, and more information about the process which goes into creating them. This thread is available for comments, and is linked to from the site. Please, enjoy.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I'll start out by saying it's about time. I've always known that you've had many more talents than you've revealed. I can't wait to start going through these!
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

As always I can't offer up much in the way of real industry style criticism, but here is what I have, as untrained fan of all styles of music:
  • "Casiotone" is the weakest of the bunch.
  • Your presentation enhances the enjoyment of the music in my opinoin. The site compliments the musics, as does the images.
  • I like that the descriptions require you to click on them.
I'm too tone deaf, and music impaired to give you much more than that sir. I do hope you continue in your endeavors and share more of this stuff.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

More = the gooder.

I unfortunately don't have these on the CDs I have with me at work, but I meant to toss up some comments about it last week. I'll make sure to do so either tomorrow or Monday when I'm at home.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Casiotone - You've got some workable sounds and once you really get into everything playing together (about the midway point) it starts getting interesting, but the beginning and the end need some more work. The beginning is too long and disjointed, while the ending is to abrupt.

left me on my own - Better editing, but I think you could have made much more use of effects in the beginning to really lead up to the body of the piece. Other than that, it's a bit short. I was really waiting for the break when it just ended.

levee - A superior effort, but I was hoping to see the piece change more as it progressed.

love is not blood - Probably the cheesiest track you have up here, with all the merits and sins that connotes.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Ancient History wrote:...while the ending is to abrupt.
The endings of nearly every song you'll see on the page will be abrupt, because none of them are completed works. Each Extract is merely a cross-section of what I'm working on at a given moment, and as such, almost nothing will be "finished" or possibly even listenable, depending on the progress at that given moment. Many won't even be classifiable as songs.

Thank you all for your comments; I greatly enjoy learning what other people think, and how it compares to what I think. Please, keep them coming.

More tracks soon.