Continental IRC

For products of the right brain in all its forms, original works reside here for display, comment, critique or annoyance, take your pick.
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Continental IRC

Post by WillyGilligan »

I'm not sure if this should go here or BD proper, but it's an idea I had that actually wanted to be written down. It's rather obviously rough, but here goes.

If the continental Congress had been done over IRC, it might have looked like this...

#ContinentalCongress

BFranklin: Okay, I'm just trying to say that those who would give up essential liberties for a little security deserve neither liberty nor security.

PHenry: But you're ignoring the fact that all society is giving up liberty for security

BFranklin: I mean essential liberties.

PHenry: But what's essential? Who are you to say what an essential liberty is?

BFranklin: I'm just trying to make a point about how we go about this. We need to look very carefully at how much we're willing to put up with. Are we ready to go to war?

KGIII: Oh noes!! Not teh r3\/01ut10|\|!!1!!1!1

BFranklin: Who the hell invited him?

KGIII: I haxorred yous Congress!!1!!1

BFranklin: George, it's a public channel.

BFranklin: Dumbass.

JHancock: Guys, I think I need to invoke Hancock's Law.

JMadison: What on earth is that?

JHancock: When one party of a discussion compares the other to King George, all meaningful discussion is over.

BFranklin: John, not to be an ass, but I don't think that sort of thing can really apply when the party in question acutally IS KING GEORGE.

JHancock: Go fly a kite, sixeyes.

BFranklin: This is so going in my Almanac.
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

BFranklin: John, not to be an ass, but I don't think that sort of thing can really apply when the party in question acutally IS KING GEORGE.
I laughed.