National Novel Writing Month

For products of the right brain in all its forms, original works reside here for display, comment, critique or annoyance, take your pick.
Daki
No-Life Loser

National Novel Writing Month

Post by Daki »

November will be the start of National Novel Writing Month. The summary is that starting November 1st, you have 30 days to write a 50,000 word novel. Doesn't have to be good, or edited, or anything. I'll be doing it for a story I've had in my head for too long now. Wanted to share in case anyone else was interested.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Shit, I've already got 20k+ on the one I want to finish. Might be a good excuse.
sinsual
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by sinsual »

AS I put in my LJ Daki I am thinking it would be a good exercise for me as well.

AH, you can't use an existing written story. You have to start from scratch. Otulines and such can be used. Granted its more of an honor system deal but I think the exercise is better if you do start from scratch to see if you can go the full 50K from a blank sheet.
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Kwyndig
Grand Marshall of the Imperium
Location: The Orbiting Volcano Lair, high above the surface of Bulldrek

Post by Kwyndig »

Well, I signed up, and I'm taking a week off from my normal primary diversion (namely FFXI) starting midnight November 1st... If I can get at least 10k in that first week, I know I can carry it all the way to 50k. Might not be a finished novel at that point, but well, anything's better than nothing. So, let's see how far I can go, eh?

Anybody else thinking of taking the challenge?
kwyndig@yahoo.com This sig for rent, reasonable rates