Digital goodness II

For products of the right brain in all its forms, original works reside here for display, comment, critique or annoyance, take your pick.
Angel
Bulldrek Pimp
Location: Further from Tubuai Island than any other Bulldrekker, except for maybe Toryu.

Digital goodness II

Post by Angel »

Inspired by Sinsual, I uploaded some of my photographs to Bulldrek. I'd love some comments, tips, suggestions, creative criticism, and everything else. Thanks.

http://www.bulldrek.com/album_personal.php?user_id=190
- member since Sept 13th, 2000
Green-eyed kitten
sinsual
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by sinsual »

I really likes "Water Droplets" overall you have a really good eye. If you want I can give you an invite to Photosig.com which will let you get on there and have tons of photo people to critiq your work. I haven't shot anything lately and am kicking myself since I had a few opportunities for some very cool images. If you want the invite PM me with an active email I can send the invite to.
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Okay, what is "ironman"?
sinsual

Post by sinsual »

its a statue. She captured the face but has something blurred out right at the edge of the face that kinda throws it off.
www.evieshope.com
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

I really like Fire Blossoms and Waterdrops, and Goth Church is going in my background rotation.

Keep it up! I like 'em a lot, although I wish the pictures were at a natural 4:3 resolution (800x600, for example.)
Angel
Bulldrek Pimp
Location: Further from Tubuai Island than any other Bulldrekker, except for maybe Toryu.

Post by Angel »

sinsual wrote:I really likes "Water Droplets" overall you have a really good eye. If you want I can give you an invite to Photosig.com which will let you get on there and have tons of photo people to critiq your work. I haven't shot anything lately and am kicking myself since I had a few opportunities for some very cool images. If you want the invite PM me with an active email I can send the invite to.
I kinda only wanted to post them on BD, for some reason I don't care for total stranger seeing my pictures, hmmm, okay, I haven't made up my mind yet, but if I do I'll ask for that invite. THanks!
Ancient History wrote:Okay, what is "ironman"?
What Sin, actually it's the depth of field that throws it off, but I really didn't notice it until you said it 'cause until now my eyes focused in on the statue's face. Odd. :)

Salvation122 wrote:I really like Fire Blossoms and Waterdrops, and Goth Church is going in my background rotation.

Keep it up! I like 'em a lot, although I wish the pictures were at a natural 4:3 resolution (800x600, for example.)
Thanks.

As for the 4:3, me too, but I had to crop them down, and then resize them ALOT in order to get them small enough for BD. The originals are between 2.6 and 3.3 Mb each, and are 3072x2048 pixels, nice enough to print as posters, which I am planning on doing with some of my other shots. A friend has asked me to frame some so that he can sell them in his store, maybe I'll get some nice cash for 'em!
Green-eyed kitten
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

If you'd like, I can throw 'em up on my hosting and you can direct link from there. Space isn't really an issue, so just crop 'em down and resize to whatever you think looks best, with an upper limit of 1024x768.
sinsual

Post by sinsual »

Angel are you using Photoshop or the Canon software for editing? If you are using photoshop just go to image size then reset both the image size and the resolution. No need to crop unless you want to. When you reset the resolution you can set it for 72DPI (watch it resize the image size when you do that btw, you can always set it back) then save for web and it will bring the image down to a very good size for bandwidth. If your using the Canon software, find photoshop :D I use PS Elements with great success and it came FREEE with my Canon oddly enough. But I have been told not everyone got Elements with their Canons.
www.evieshope.com
Angel
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Angel »

Sal, thanks (seriously, that's really nice to offer), but I am thinking (wow, me thinking!) about finding a gallery type place online for some of my favorite pictures.

Sin, I used ACDSee to reduce these, but I have Photoshp [4 versions], the Canon stuff (yippy, lucky me! :) ), and a few other programs. I just use ACDSee 'cause it's a quick thingie type of program, more user friendly than any other, maybe nto as good as some, but quick and easy, that's my moto!
Green-eyed kitten