[Tandem Writing] Shadowrun

For products of the right brain in all its forms, original works reside here for display, comment, critique or annoyance, take your pick.
Kai
Wuffle Master

[Tandem Writing] Shadowrun

Post by Kai »

I dunno, I'm bored and reminiscing about how Bulldrek used to be so cool and miss the old days. More nostalgia, the Runs & Run Ideas forum of DRF where we'd just freeform a bunch of characters for a bit. So pick a character, doesn't matter who. Timeline is slippable. Whoever posts first gets to pick the setting.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
sinsual
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by sinsual »

The Catherdral was the latest rage in the nightclub shadow scene. At one time it had been a real world church until the Night of Rage. Then no one really knows what happened. The scorched marks of several body shapes lay in a circle, permenantly etched into the marble tiles. Ever since then the building has had a slight background count. For a few years it become home to a tribe of Ghouls but one day they just seemed to disappear. The building was totally abandoned by the church after the night of rage. No one really seemed to care. The interesting things started happening about 2 years ago, when I came to be in possesion of the title. The background count had dwindled to almost nothing in the waning years, and some TLC when no one was looking seemed to kill it off. A mage friend did a little bit ward work and I did the rest. I built it into what you see now. Three tiers of catwalks wander the outer edges ofthe Cathedral itself. Each tier has its own flavor. The topmost tier for deckers and riggers with sim tables and connections for a virtual bar that looks exactly like the buildign your sitting, for those virtual meetings. The middle tier is where the spell slingers seem to congregate. There is even a corner where a talismonger has a permentant kiosk. He manages quite well working as a middleman between spellslingers. Some of his work on display as well as works by others who wish to remain unknown. He also maintains the library shelves down in the Cardinals chambers...one of th einteresting aspects of the building, all the original writings had remained on the shelves. Twas an interesting find for my magiker friend. Then there is the lowest raised tier. That was for the see or be seen crowd. With criss crossing catwalks/dancefloors it let you be seen anywhere in the club. The ground floor of course was for the general populace. With the confessionals leading to actual privacy rooms for biz, the place was turning into quite the market place. For meetings my rates were feasible...Looking up at the woman standign before me, I couldn't help but wonder what her story was. Attractive with hidden elven ears behind her dark hair, it was her eyes that drew me...deep pools that had seen entirely too much..."How long do you need the meeting room for Angel?" I asked her...
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Cigarette lighter flicks on and off. The Catherdral seems big to this man, who is standing in midst of the nightclub scene. This elf, Battle, is waiting for something to happen. Actually, he is waiting for the perfect opportunity, and soon he will take a flight. Mr. J had screwed him in the ass. One time too many. Battle doesn't care if he will be screwed by many mages around him. He doesn't care if he will be cursed by a spirit. All he wants is a revenge. He knows that this Mr. J tend to hang in this place. He knows that he wants a revenge. He knows what he looks like, and he is glad that Mr. J have yet to meet him. Cigarette lighter flicks on and off... He glances to higher tiers and scanned rest of the Catherdral, and notices an elven woman walking through looking for something, and took an interest in her, keeping his eyes on her, ignoring few of potential signs that Mr. J will show up. He stops, then flickers his lighter some more, then looks at the booth where Mr. J likes to hang around. The booth is empty, but filled with smoglike air from a bunch of cigarheads that hung around there not too long...moments passed...and it continues to pass...
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

She couldn't say why she was here, old memories maybe, she'd simply found herself standing at the door. It had been a church once, a beautiful church. There had been an old priest, Father Anoru. Through turf wars and turmoil he'd kept the place open and she'd spent a lot of time alone there, in the middle of the night, watching him trim the candles, and straighten the flowers. Praying, sometimes. He'd passed away in '38, sat down one night after polishing the brass candlestick holders and just never got up. He'd left her a rosary.

Time moved on again, now it was a club, a hotspot of runners and mercs and clubbers alike, but she wasn't really interested in all that right now. Her perfectly machined eyes could hold a lot of expression in their forest and emerald, the lights shining along the inlaid ring of orichalcum used for no other reason than it was expensive. "Just an hour, nothing more."

sinsual

Post by sinsual »

"two-fifty and a one-kay no damage deposit. Balance returned after the meet." His eyes were for her but they also watched the ground floor. He picked up some sort of unease but wasn't sure if it was from her or elsewhere...

...The Cathedral as its usual packed self. Wares were moving slow tonight. One of the books he had liberated from below sat cracked open. He thought it was interesting that a Cardinal had a spell book of Templer magiks...It wasn't much of a spellbook, more like a cookbook for talismans which suited him just fine. His hand absently caressed the feathers hanging from the focus pierced into his upper arm....
www.evieshope.com
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Battle's eyes locks on the woman dealing with man. The elf woman struck Battle as beautiful, but...yet at the same time...as someone who matched the descriptions of Mr. J very well. Except that this being is a woman. Well, it would make sense if people described her as a male, because of way she is dressed. Battle grins, and he quietly, and unconspiciously raises a gun in middle of the Catherdal, with an intent to kill the woman. She had screwed him so many times, through the fixer. It is the time to end it all. Sight clear. The way is clear. Now it is the time to kill.

With angels looking down, Battle squints at the elven woman with malevolent intents, and began to squeeze the trigger...and...hope...
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

She blinked a few times, slowly realizing this man had no idea who she was. She'd given up anonymity for the sake of stability long ago, the novelty of talking to someone who didn't know her from the crowd was refreshing. She smiled at him genuinely and handed over a 2k credstick. "Thanks. Keep the change."

The suit was uncomfortable and the mass of dark hair on her head highly distracting, but as much as it seemed to make her just another person, it certainly wasn't enough to hide the fact she moved like a vet, Battle's clear shots were fractions of seconds until she stopped in the open. And he could tell when she turned her head she was staring straight at him, an expression of impatience and resignation in her posture as she turned to face him, his finger on the trigger.

The com transmitted her subvocal mutterings as she waited to see whether he'd fire or not. "Got him. No I don't just think so, I'm sure he thinks I'm someone else, otherwise he wouldn't even try it here. Who said you were allowed to be my overwatch anyways, you're on leave. Alright, alright, your ideas of R&R worry me, kid."

FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

His fingers still on trigger, he looks straight at the woman. The finger threatens to squeeze all the way, but the gun has yet to fire. Sure, a shot rang out, but that is actually bartender clattering his glasses. No one has noticed him holding out a gun in plain sight, as all of them are too busy hanging around in the Catherdral. He looks more intently at the woman. Then a spark of realization came to him. I have been tricked. His fingers slacks off, and gun immediately goes into a concealed holster. Nervous, Battle approaches woman, "My apologies. Thought you was that Mr. J. Someone tricked me too many times, and lied about appearence. You certainly don't look like a Mr. J. Or a Mrs. J for that matter. My apologies. I must have my revenge somehow..." Battle's voice trails off, and he looks around as if he was being followed by some mage who loves to torment him with illusions and all. Battle turns his body to get a better look at the elven woman and studies a person next to the woman.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

"That Mr. J? Good luck finding the one you want. A tip, they travel in groups of bodyguards. And no, I haven't hired anyone to do anything for me in a very long time..."

sinsual

Post by sinsual »

Watches the interchange and waves the bouncers away from the area. He would go over the security recording later and have it filter out the dialog but in the meantime he took her video image and added it to the security locks for the meeting room. Perplexed by the fact she gave him a 2K stick, he wondered just how serious this biz she was going to discuss would be...

Something nagged at him, it tugged at the back of his head as he read through this talisman. It was an unnamed piece, but it had in interesting design work. He didnt understand the language, he knew it was a form of latin, but it was such an old form he could only get tiny bits and pieces of the wording. Absently he fingered the small vial that was of the same color and shape as the one in the image...
www.evieshope.com
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

"Well...guess I can't go back and hide. Got any leads on any Mr. J that I can take for a run?"