[Story]Untitled musing

For products of the right brain in all its forms, original works reside here for display, comment, critique or annoyance, take your pick.
Kai
Wuffle Master

[Story]Untitled musing

Post by Kai »

She sat alone on the steps of the ruins. Tourists and theives passed her by, a young woman alone. It would have been called strange, but to do so would mean someone had to notice. No one did notice, not many ever did. She was Veritas, and so few could see her in this time.

They had seen her when the ruins had been new, the hewn stone as yet unpolished. Not many, but enough. They had seen her when they came to this land. Some, but not all. They had seen her when she pledged herself and forsaken her name to be the one she was now, all of them.

And now she traveled alone in a sea of people, their contructed world and contructed thoughts obscuring her. Even the children rarely glanced her way, and she was sad.

"Veritas."

An old man stood before her, his gaze solemn. His name was Arin.

"It is time, they are waiting."

There were only 200. 200 people, young and old of all races and all peoples able to see, willng to forsake the world they thought they knew for the truth. Only 200 to pass down the truth, to preserve the balance, and to do what was needed to keep the world from breaking.

"I am Veritas. I am the truth. I am the witness to exsistance. I am the breakflow of time and the one who keeps record. You come here to learn the truth. You come here to stand witness to the falseness that pervades the world and swear yourself to the way of the truth, to save yourselves and those who remain ignorant. You will be labelled heretic, you will be called terrorist, you will fall by the hands of the ignorant because they cannot see. No religion will save you, no goverenment will accept you. You will be denounced as a lunitic, a doomsayer, you will stand alone in a fight to save those who would have you die. Do you still wish to learn the truth and be bound by it?"

It was a spoken oath as old as time, the words had changed, but the power had not. Each voice rang with the certainty of a binding that could never be broken.

"Then so shall I speak it."

[align=center]---[/align]

I dunno, it was there so I wrote it, I have no idea what comes next.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
DigiPrincess
Wuffle Student

Post by DigiPrincess »

That's truly awesome. It's written with bullet-proof grammar (atleast to me) and the descriptions couldn't be better. It makes you wonder if everyone really is crazy or not...
Come back with more. :p

Perhaps describe things from Arin's POV before he is shown the truth or show things from his POV after he is shown the truth.
"Weasels eat all our mothers."