[Project] Tandem Writing, Take Two

For products of the right brain in all its forms, original works reside here for display, comment, critique or annoyance, take your pick.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

Works for me, I just hope someone comes up with an idea of what's coming through the Wormhole. ;)
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Giant Space Cow. :D
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Oh, I wouldn't worry about the Wormhole. I'm about to take care of that.

MOOHOOHAHA!!!
Reika

Post by Reika »

Daki wrote:Oh, I wouldn't worry about the Wormhole. I'm about to take care of that.

MOOHOOHAHA!!!
Oh good, sounds like it'll be fun. :D
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

Kwyn, that makes perfect sense. To me at least. But that doesn't say much, since I'm probably certafiably insane.
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
Reika

Post by Reika »

Much wootage! Found a pic that I like for Lonnie:

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/zone/a/n/ ... r.jpg.html
Kwyndig
Grand Marshall of the Imperium
Location: The Orbiting Volcano Lair, high above the surface of Bulldrek

Post by Kwyndig »

Daki: Image
kwyndig@yahoo.com This sig for rent, reasonable rates
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

That's some funny shit.
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

Daki: Yes, you did, while dropping the Covert Mission Documents issue square in my lap.

I'm open to suggestions from anyone. Also, suggestions are will not be considered conspiring with me, not that it was disallowed in this Project. However, any suggestions are welcome, and also subject to being arbitrarily tossed for no good reason. I'm looking for anything that might get my brain moving. I already have an idea, but it's not enough to qualify for the secretive precautions that've been taken with the crew's mission for the forseeable future.
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

I debated whether or not I should cover the orders in my last post but... do you really want /ME/ coming up with the orders? My headmeat is twisted in many strange ways that could cause everyone grief. :) Flex those creative juices Rico. Give us something good.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Well if you wanted to take it back to the Guardian I referenced, keep in mind that /anything/ involving that thing would classified top secret. As I recall, according to canon Star Trek, the Federation set up a top secret research facility on the planet the Guardian is on in order to study it (composed mostly of historians who just sit around and stare at the images going by).

While I doubt they would have us do anything involving the Guardian directly, they might have us investigating some perceived threat to the Guardian (which would still be top secret). Another possibility is they think they found some clues to who made the Guardian, and we are being sent off to investigate this.

In case it's relevant, a quick google search doesn't turn up the name of the planet the Guardian is on. Apparently they never named the planet in the episode. They probably named it in the books that feature the Guardian, but I think that would require more research work then I'm willing to go through. So just make something up if you need to. Probably <Star Name> <number planet away from star>, also know as "The Guardian Planet".
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Then again, you could always have our mission be to find and corral the elusive Giant Space Cow. :D
Reika

Post by Reika »

I've had a thought regarding the mission, and it relates to the Guardian. Why not have someone find ruins that seem related to the Guardian, and we're the lucky sods that get to go investigate it?
Reika

Post by Reika »

Very nice post, Rico. HOwever, I'm going to need a day or so to ponder and respond.
Reika

Post by Reika »

Posted, sorry if it was so disjointed, it's been a busy few days, and I'm pooped.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Damnit! Leave my rats alone!! :p
Reika

Post by Reika »

:lol

Nope! They're too much fun to screw around with to leave them alone.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

I hope you approve Reika. I'm not sure if I did Lonnie any justice, but I sure hope I came at lease semi close.
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Very nice Gunny. I may be a few days, as I actually have projects for work to do the next two days. But I know what I want, so I'll have something hammered out by saturday.

Next Episode: Thompson and Strriker get into a Bar fight! *Cue image of Thompson getting punched by some particularly ugly alien*

:D
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

Next time on All my Trekkies...

*camera focuses on S'rii who spends the next 15 minutes coughing on a hair ball. right before she coughs up the hair ball, the image goes black and the credits start rolling*
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

*Rico takes a cattle prod to Moo in an attempt to light a fire under him. It works, kinda, as it sets his hind quarters on fire. Rico then quickly hands the cattle prod off to a passing Red Shirt, who just stands there and looks at it.*
Reika

Post by Reika »

Gunny - You didn't do too badly with Lonnie, just made her a bit more of a hardcase than I normally envision her, but she certainly would come off that way to others.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

I'm working on it. It's ending up longer then I expected. One of the cases where you forget how long it takes to write a scene out, even though it only takes a fw minutes to play out.
Kwyndig

Post by Kwyndig »

*Believes Moo had better hurry, or else Kwyndig will have to pass, what with the moving this upcoming week and the potential loss of net connection for a few days.*
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

It'll get posted tomorrow when I get back from Madison. My appologies. I suck. Like a Hoover.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

The headmeat grows impatient. I was forced to write another story to the LiveJournal just to appease it. Hurry Moo... the evil sushi has powers and even I may not be able to hold it back much longer.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Posted!

The last few paragraphs were a bit rushed, so I appologize if they are a bit rough. I way reword them a bit later, but none of the details will change.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

You go drinking and don't invvite Locke along? For shame! And there was a barfight to boot!!!
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

You go drinking and don't invvite Locke along? For shame! And there was a barfight to boot!!!
My appologies. The entire time I was writing this I thought "Bar fights should have Locke". However, I was trying to hint a little that Thompson is more then he seems, without giving it away (that may come later, we'll see how it develops). While I can inconpacitate Striker, I didn't think I could do so with Locke short of depressurizing the station. ;)
Kwyndig

Post by Kwyndig »

You know what, I hate to break the chain, but if I don't have something done by *checks his watch and does some quick calculations* 0800 UTC/GMT (that's 2AM US standard Central), assume I pass, all right?

Oh, and for anyone who needs to know, Yates doesn't really like S'rii (Gunny's character) as he's still not entirely used to dealing with a member of a species of cat humanoids that doesn't want to kill him.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Oh, and for anyone who needs to know, Yates doesn't really like S'rii (Gunny's character) as he's still not entirely used to dealing with a member of a species of cat humanoids that doesn't want to kill him.
Bloody hell. I didn't even think of that. Oh well. We'll presume that Yates is a good enough officer that it doesn't show when others are around, thus why you don't see it from the Captain's perspective. Or something...
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

Oh, s'okay you guys are all transparent to S'rii anyway. :D

Lemme check the score card here... yup. Not looking good. So far there are two crew members who don't like S'rii. Yates and Locke. Yates isn't so obvious, but could be VERY fun and could have a lot of comedic potential. Locke is different because it's a Mandal hate all Jedi thing and the Jedi are just trying to keep the Mandals from killing all the Jedi (or J'ai) off. Unless the Jedi get stupid and join up with a group that feels the need to try and make the Mandals behave to the rest of the galaxy... stupid J'ai.

OH OH. Something I've been meaning to talk about... S'rii's Jedi powers and lightsaber. If you want to do something with her powers, PM me and let me know what you have in mind so I can tell you if she can do it, to what extent, or if she can do it, etc. Her lightsaber is something she keeps hidden within the many folds of her robe. She doesn't let the weapon get out of her sight because she's afraid that someone might fiddle around with it and end up hurting someone or themself. Or even worse, damage something on the ship. She really won't let anyone touch it because of the same fears of it being found. Locke is the only one who knows she has it, but he's never seen it either. So keep that in mind if anyone plans on using S'rii.

While S'rii is patient and generally of good humor, she can get irritated but never to the point of violence when it comes to crew members. People outside the crew... eh, they may or may not get the same respect. I leave that up to you guys if it comes up.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Oh, s'okay you guys are all transparent to S'rii anyway.
If you refer to her telepathic powers, keep in mind they won't work on Thompson.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

Actually, I was refering more to the feelings/emotions/vibe that people give off. S'rii won't invade someone's mind unless they're willing (or able). However, asensing someone's feelings or vibe isn't the same as telepathy. She wouldn't know what Thompson is thinking, but she could tell when his emotions change. She wouldn't know what caused him to feel tense, pensive, happy, sad, whatever but she would know about the change.

So it would be something similar to being empathic but nothing specific.

Hence, YOU ARE ALL TRANSPARENT! GUFFAW!!!!
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

It still applies to Thompson. Mind blinds are immune to empathic powers as well as telepathic. I didn't differentiate between them in my original description as I consider them forms of the same thing.
Reika

Post by Reika »

Actually with Lonnie being a strong telepath, she has equally strong shields, that includes her emotions. So not ALL of us are transparent. Just the poor mundanes. :D

And I need to mess with the rats some more. ;)
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

CURSES!

Well, that's good to know anyway. You all suck. :p
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Little tidbit about Locke...

Locke's clan is Krei'ger. They are one of the most brutal of Mandalore's races. When they are enraged, they enter a type of battle frenzy where all they want is to destroy their target. Part of their training process is how to combat Jedi or Sith. Their minds are in no way immune to telepathic powers, but they can be very difficult to get past the emotion mask they throw up.

When Locke is enraged, forget about reading his mind or influencing him... all you'll read is rage.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Allrighty, I think this means Kwyndig had to pass. I believe Daki is up then.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

It's up.

Decided to shift a little bit and set the stage for things in the future.

Translation: Did a BAD BAD thing and you will all suffer for it!
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

W00T! oh, wait. I gotta wait until the story develops far enough before I get to really stretch my creative wings. :(
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

*dusts off the cobwebs*

Um, who's turn is it?
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

Mine. I've been sketching out ideas on my laptop between classes and work. I'll need probably another day before I have something to put up, unless Reika wants to post something up and boot me.
Reika

Post by Reika »

Since I'm experiencing something of a creative slump, I'm more than happy to wait for you to post, Rico. Unless of course, Kwyn wants to make up for his pass. ;)
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

It's almost ready. Just need a bit more time. Figure some time tomorrow afternoon.
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

Up in 30 seconds