[Music] Ambiant Experiment

For products of the right brain in all its forms, original works reside here for display, comment, critique or annoyance, take your pick.
Kai
Wuffle Master

[Music] Ambiant Experiment

Post by Kai »

An experiment in ambiant for me, as well as directional stuff. WMP doesn't mangle it too badly, but you might want to download to play in something a bit better

s.u.b.v.e.r.s.i.v.e.i.m.m.e.r.s.i.o.n

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

Since the link you have is to an HTML page and not the actual MP3, and since everytime I try to play your song through that page it causes IE to crash, do you think I could get a direct link? :)
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Right click on the player and downloading it should wotk :)

Patience
Bulldrek Pusher

Re: [Music] Ambiant Experiment

Post by Patience »

Kai wrote:An experiment in ambiant for me, as well as directional stuff. WMP doesn't mangle it too badly, but you might want to download to play in something a bit better
I played it in Winamp.

I liked the constant beat and felt it contributed to the irregular crescendos; I've had it on repeat for a while, and it loops very well. Right about 2:07 is my favorite part.

I approve. More! The teeming unwashed masses demand [mb]MORE![/mb]
_
<b>Thorn said:</b> Patience really does rock!!
<b>CykoSpin said:</b> Every time I see Patience (that is, a post by Patience), I think of the Iron Maiden song "Can I Play With Madness". I don't really know why, though; for whatever reason, I just do.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Oh, I like this a lot, Wildfire. Things are getting more intricate and more complex. Keep it up, you're getting really good at this.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

I like it a lot, as well. Did you do the composition in Cakewalk, Acid, or eJay?

Edit: And if it's not asking a lot, can I snag your sample library? Mine is, uh, weak, and I hate crawling around the web looking for stuff. eJay, if I remember correctly, comes with a big library to work with, and I'd love to have the sounds without the hassle of a program I'll never use.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

eJay actually. I uh, lost the copy of Acid you sent me ;)

Thanks for the compliments guys. Glad it loops well, that was the intent and wasn't sure if it fit as well as it could. I'm terribly inconsistant and sporadic with mixing but greatness was never my aim, just random proficiency. So there will be more as the mood stikes me, or in this case, a title inspires me, it just maybe be anywhere from weeks to months :)

eJay stores samples oddly, but I will at least try to rip the disk and see if there's a way to access the clips outside of eJay. Oddly enough, the limitations of the program I think help to keep me from going off and getting lost in sample overload.