[Jewelry] My latest piece

For products of the right brain in all its forms, original works reside here for display, comment, critique or annoyance, take your pick.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

[Jewelry] My latest piece

Post by Reika »

I know, it's a pretty crappy pic, but it's the best I've been able to do. I really should go for a digital photography course one of these days. That and get a tripod.

But, I think this is one of the better pics I've taken.

The beads are black colored glass pearls, the hearts are hematite, and the fittings are silver plated brass. And yes, the clasp is silver also, but for some reason the light made it look golden.

MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Reika: I remember seeing an old pic of a set you did awhile back in SST. I am really impressed with your work. I'm not a jewelry person myself, other than maybe a wedding ring someday and if I ever pierce, but that'll be it. Though I do think your stuff is really pretty. Personally, I like this piece more than the other I saw, though both are nice. I like the black pearl on this one, especially.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

This is a very classy looking piece of jewelry and I like it lots! If you've ever made bracelets or anything with memory wire, here's something to try; a wrap around bracelet made of freshwater pearls (like those bronze/gold colors).

I saw something similiar in a fashion magazine, but I don't remember the magazine.
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Reika

Post by Reika »

Thanks guys! :aww

Teja - I still have pics of that set, even though I sold it at the last craft fair. I'll admit, I prefer this piece better myself, but then again I prefer black/dark grey and silver than green and gold. And the funny thing is, while I like making jewelry, I can't stand wearing it, or if I do find a piece I like, I tend to loose it, no matter how careful I am. *sheepish*

Gunny - Hm, that's an interesting idea. I've been thinking about expanding to using new materials, but since I don't have much experience with memory wire, I've been somewhat hesitant to use it.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

I'm not sure about the intricate designs of memory wire, but I do know how to make a simple choker/necklace/bracelet/armlet.

1. String your beads onto the Memory Wire
2. Curl each end into a loop to secure beads in place
3. For an added touch, dangle some attractive one of a kind beads or charms from the end loops.

I know it's possible to get very complicated and stuff. I found a little article on memory wire jewelry. I really like this stuff. I love wearing armlets and memory wire is perfect for it. If one is feeling really brave, the ends of the memory wire can be shaped into spirals or whatever after beading is finished or nearly finished (since it'd be smarter to shape one end of the wire first..). I'm not that brave or that talented, so I haven't tried it yet.
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Reika

Post by Reika »

Thanks for the link, Gunny. Looks relatively easy to make, but then again I've been mucking with this sort of thing for a few years now. :)

If I do the memory wire jewelry bits, pics will eventually end up here. :D