[SR - Fiction] The Truth Revealed

For products of the right brain in all its forms, original works reside here for display, comment, critique or annoyance, take your pick.
Daki
No-Life Loser

[SR - Fiction] The Truth Revealed

Post by Daki »

((A little disclaimer here. I'm trying to get back in the groove for writing Shadowrun stuff because I want to put together an idea to submit. So this was just a short exercise to get me back in the mindset. Comments (good bad and otherwise) are appreciated.))

Hoi there chummers. I have an extra special treat for you today. Everyone who spends more than 5 minutes here on the board knows, at least in general, about the events taking place in Japan. Well I always want to help my loyal readers so I started doing some probing to see if I could find more details on what is happening. Two hours ago a file was sent to my /personal/ link by someone unknown. Now this is a big fragging deal because I should know everyone who has that link. That gave more credibility to what was in the file. I’ll let this speak for itself but watch the shadows chummers. I don’t think these guys are fragging around.

[Transmitted by Captain Chaos – 64-04-16 :: 2315 GMT]

Forget everything you have ever read. Forget the countless trids you have seen. Forget the seven foot troll running around in black pajamas. Ninja do exist in the sixth world.
History has written that we began as disgraced samurai, murderers, and petty thieves who would commit crimes for our own profit. Nothing could be further from the truth. Our origin is as peasants and farmers who tired of the constant abuse dealt by warlords and Samurai alike. 900 years ago there was a single man who returned from China with knowledge and abilities that could keep us safe… let us defend ourselves from the abuse. His name was Daisuke and he was the first soke of what would become Ninjutsu.

Isolated in the Iga province of Japan, the few scattered villages sent representatives to learn from Daisuke. These men took what they learned back to their homes and so the first Clans were born. Each clan developed their art differently, incorporating new and different techniques into their art. The resulting ryu’s were kept secret and taught only in the clans. It was not until the rise of the Shogun that the various ryu’s interfaced more and more, allowing warriors from other clans into their midst to study and fight.

That is how the Ninja began. We learned to adapt and stay hidden. It was these skills that have allowed us to remain even unto this day.

“What a bunch of drek. It’s a nice bedtime story but any runner knows these “ninja” are just regular runners who managed to pick up some martial art skills and use the “ninja” drek to make themselves sound better. If any PhysAd with a sword can call himself a “ninja”, then add me to the list.”
[[Creeper-Zero :: 64-04-17 :: 0415 GMT :: “I am the Frag-fu master.”]]

“Your name is Walter Linnensi, currently located in the Golden Sun apartment complex on 45th street, Apartment 8C. Three months ago you took part in the theft of a truck carrying several thousand BTLs. Afterwards, you sold out the names and locations of your fellow teammates to the Yakuza in order to collect on the bounty. I trust you will have more respect for us in the future.”
[[??????? :: 64-04-17 :: 0513 GMT]]

“What the drek?!? Who is this guy?”
[[The Chrome Accountant :: 64-04-17 :: 0519 GMT :: “It’s all about the dollars and sense.”]]

“I wouldn’t have posted this if I didn’t think it was legit. If nothing else, I think the mystery poster just confirmed it. Out of curiousity I ran a trace and ended up with 3 different source locations.”
[[Captain Chaos :: 64-04-17 :: 0522 GMT]]

“Anyone know if what Mr. ? said was true?”
[[SamIAm :: 64-04-17 :: 0547 GMT]]

“CreeperZero closed his account ten minutes ago although I’ve seen several inquiries made since the post.”
[[Captain Chaos :: 64-04-17 :: 0601 GMT]]
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

would 900 years ago be far back enough considering the time line of Shadowrun?

my other thought being spacing out the time frame of posts more than just an hour or so, but since this is supposed to show how quick the mystery poster sees and replies to posting and the 'offending' party vanishing...
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

Me likee! More!
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Gunny wrote:would 900 years ago be far back enough considering the time line of Shadowrun?
Yep. There is no definite date for the time of Daisuke, only generalities because the records from that period of sparse. As of present time, it's generally assumed it was about 800 years ago. With the SR timeline, I accelerated that to another century. It works.
Gunny wrote:my other thought being spacing out the time frame of posts more than just an hour or so, but since this is supposed to show how quick the mystery poster sees and replies to posting and the 'offending' party vanishing...
You hit the reason right away. I kept the times close because these would be the people first reading the post and commenting. The quick turnaround with Mr. ? was to give another illustration they are not joking around.

Sal wrote:Me likee! More!
There will be as soon as I am done working. I need to get more practice in.