[Art] Design a Tattoo (Echo)

For products of the right brain in all its forms, original works reside here for display, comment, critique or annoyance, take your pick.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

[Art] Design a Tattoo (Echo)

Post by Gunny »

(an echo from SST)

so... who wants to design my next ink job? I'm looking for something feline with an Egyptian feel that has sensual qualities. keep it simple (no colors) and nothing humanoid.

I know it's vague, but I honestly have no idea what I want. the only ideas I have are the ones I've stated.

so... ideas?
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I'd let Sade design your tattoo since he's had a bunch of experience with it.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

not too bad although I'm not sure if tribal is what I'm looking for. I can't even find any info if he takes requests/commissions.

[Edit: I just found his rates for a commission. :wideeyes $100 is the lowest I can expect.]
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Gunny. I'd be up for throwing a couple things together. Even if they weren't up to par with an actual tat-worthy drawing, they might help give ya more of an idea of what you're looking for.
One question though, are ya looking more for realism or cartoonish or realist-cartoon or anime-ish, etc.?
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

er... non-realism. everything else is fair game. I don't want to limit options or ideas.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Works, woman. I will try to throw a couple ideas up by tomorrow. Just to get ideas rolling.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

sweet!
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Were you interested in any human characteristic of the body? Or all feline? Ex: The Common Pictoral of the Pharoh Woman with a Cat Head...
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

all feline. no humanoid shapes at all.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

I would never attempt to design a tattoo. But I have seen one cat tattoo...though I dinae think ye'd like it, it being on a *cough* usually undiscolosed body part. THus warned, if you /must/ see it: :eek
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

I can't say that the idea of getting a tattoo there has ever crossed my mind... cuz it hasn't.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Oh good. You just jumped up a few Respectability Points in my book.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Well, I did a couple little sketches tonight. I think both may be a little too detailed for what you wanted, even though I tried to keep my usual detail/shading/etc. down to a minimum.
They are just sketches that I only put about 3-5 minutes a piece into, but maybe they'll help spur more ideas about what exactly you're looking for.
I can do more, differently than these, if ya need em.
Cat Sketches
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

DUDE, TEJA!!! I /love/ #2!!!! I think that would make a sweet tat! I love the facial attitude kitty has!!! tehehehe!

do you think you can do a larger scan of that drawing?? you can email it to me daki@earthlink.net and I can take large files through that addy so you don't have to keep uploading it. :)
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

YAY!!! :D I send it to your e-mail later today
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

it'll probably label you as spam since I have my spam blocker up. don't sweat it. I check my email very frequently, so I'll be able to add you to my list once the email arrives.

just so everyone knows, I'm still wanting to see other ideas. so don't feel like you don't have to offer anything because I liked Teja's work. please please show me anything you came up with. you can either email it to me through my earthlink account or post it here.
Last edited by Gunny on Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Okay, that works dude. It'll be coming from tejajustice@yahoo.com .
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

okay, you're added on my email list. you shouldn't get a spam notice.