Stupid Acid Question

For products of the right brain in all its forms, original works reside here for display, comment, critique or annoyance, take your pick.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Stupid Acid Question

Post by Salvation122 »

Trying to use pre-fab samples has annoyed me enough that I've started playing around in the piano roll, tediously drawing in each note by hand. The only problem is that guitar parts sound pretty weird when they're played on a piano. How do I change the Voice attribute, so that a guitar will sound like a MIDI guitar and a clarinet will sound like a MIDI clarinet?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

You know, it's funny, but I haven't the slightest idea. I've never used MIDI in Acid, because I just do it in Reason. [Plus, I have proven conclusively that I am just too stupid to operate MIDI devices, Acid, apparently, included.]

What I can tell you is that you want to change the Patch, not the Voice; Voice is an Acid made-up term that seems to only get used on a couple screens. And, more helpfully, I can point you to their <a href="http://www.sonicfoundry.com/download/st ... 2">manuals download page</a>. I warn you, though, that I read the whole MIDI section and couldn't find the answer to your question. But, again, me and MIDI, we ain't friends.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

Yeah, you gave me a copy of the manual when you gave me the program, and I couldn't find it there, either. Time to play around and hope I don't break anything.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Erm, in Cakewalk I kinda opened a MIDI file and worked backwards...? I should really install Acid and see if it works here.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.