[art] SR characters

For products of the right brain in all its forms, original works reside here for display, comment, critique or annoyance, take your pick.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

[art] SR characters

Post by ak404 »

Every once in a while, I get off my lazy duff and do some SR character portraits. For instance, this one is a shot of Velocity Girl, a rigger in the planning stages:

never-there.com/AK/images/shadowrun/artemis/vgirl.jpg

Think a Nightsky loaded with drones, and that's her.

This one here is a mug shot of Artemis Eisenbach, an elf assassin physad I was starting on, then quit - her personal history was just too weird.

never-there.com/AK/images/shadowrun/artemis/file05sumi.jpg

Thoughts? (I don't do color very well.)
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Do Angelkiller! Do Angelkiller! Do Angelkiller!
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Quasi-anime usually leaves me dissatisfied. Ye might try something more rugged. Lovely job on the leatherworks, though.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Nice work, I think you lose detail a bit with all the black, but the detail that's apparent is nicely done. Might try your hand at shading or color instead of black and white and see if you like it any better, you look like you have a good eye for detail work.
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

I like the clean lines of anime-inspired artwork; I tried rugged, but it doesn't look good after the inking stage, even if the "inking" is no more than tracing.

As for doing the original Angelkiller, 32, she's surprisingly...mundane. Big floppy '80s haircut on an elf...Artemis is a sort of update.

Wildfire: with "all the black," I assume you're talking about Velocity Girl. I suck with leatherwork...that's my only excuse.

If I can find it, I'll try to find White Noise, my elven decker with a halberd fetish. :)
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Heh, you're a lot better thanm I am at it anyways :)
_
"Are you alright?"
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

Well, WF, it's all a matter of drawing out a "skeleton" of what you want before you actually draw what you want...a lot of my drawing technique actually came out of How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way but then drifted out of that and into anime then into the "cylinders and sphere" style (ask about the poseable dummies they sell at art supply stores, you'll know what I mean). My "mug-shot" style is quite good, but when it comes to actually three-dimensional artwork - things like perspective, depth, putting one object in front of another and giving the space between them depth, creating believable space, and so on - I really, really suck.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Oh general drawing I'm okay and getting better, esp on perspective, I meant I suck at detail, its the little things and annoy me badly and never come out right :)
_
"Are you alright?"
Ancient History
Demon

I have no skill in general, but I dislike anime (professional-grade stuff is good, but fanime...ech), just like I hate Kirby-poseurs.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

You know, ah, Kirby has nothing to do with anime except being a creation of Japan

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Not bad.
3278 wrote:Do Angelkiller! Do Angelkiller! Do Angelkiller!
You trying to tell him something 32?
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Ancient History
Demon

Jack Kirby you damn Philistine!
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

Ancient History wrote:I have no skill in general, but I dislike anime (professional-grade stuff is good, but fanime...ech), just like I hate Kirby-poseurs.
??? I know this is gonna sound like blaspheme, but what's a Kirby-poseur? Seriously, I'm not all that familiar with his artwork...at least not consciously.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Who? Sorry, never heard of the guy. Might try using some actual japanese mangaka if you're going to reference anime art ;)
_
"Are you alright?"
Fygg Nuuton
Tasty Human

Post by Fygg Nuuton »

i like it, and i like the little anime thrown in. luckily, there isnt too much
_
[mb]Fygg Nuuton is teh s ucks!!!11[/mb]
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

3278 wrote:Do Angelkiller! Do Angelkiller! Do Angelkiller!
To note: Angekiller was created with the SR "80s as the fashion staple of the future" concept in mind. This meant she got big hair, lots of make-up, and extraneous decoration on torn clothing. Are you sure you want to see that?
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

Ah well, here, have more bad artwork.

Here's that pic of Angelkiller when she started her career; this is also a very old picture when I was even worse than I am now. She instisted on being called Angelkiller; however, everyone around her just called her "Artie" and it stuck. A few months into the game, she figured big hair was a problem and she had it cut - for some reason, I used the haircut one of the local lesbians had. I dunno, I was stupid, I thought it was cute.

Here is a picture of Artemis is her running fatigues after I said good bye to the long coat as part of the daily wardrobe. This is a more recent pic. I'm not too well-versed on body armor and was too lazy to use Raygun's site as a reference for the gun (this was done on a lunch break, after all), and the art isn't quite finished, but I think the general idea comes through.

Here is a picture of Lin Hua, a wujen detective I was creating before school re-entered the life. This is an unfinished work as well.

OK, let's see what else I have lying around here.