No New Post Image

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

No New Post Image

Post by DV8 »

Considering what you've done with the layout, you should consider changing the "no new posts" image to a transparent gif or png. Now there's an ugly black square which contrasts too much with the background.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

That should already have been done. [Actually, a week or so ago.] Clear cache?

If that doesn't fix it, let me know which page it's on; it's different images on the front page, versus in threads.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Come to think of it, if you're still seeing those images, I have no idea what stylesheet you must have. Isn't there a way of forcing - from the server side - a full refresh? That actually /works?/
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I'm using the standard skin, but you're right, it was a caching issue. Now if you could make the "n" images transparent... :)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

The "n" itself, you mean?

I hadn't thought about it because I used to use a method of transparency that makes everything within the table transparent, but what I'm using now just applies alpha to the bgcolor. So I knocked out the background on the "new" / "not new" images so we didn't have ugly squares, but there's no reason I couldn't use .png alpha or just the alpha channel code I used to use to make the "n" itself transparent, if that's what you're talking about.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

No, I was talking about the background of the n-image itself, but it seems that might have been a caching issue as well.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Yeah, there have been a lot of stylesheet and image changes; I wish I could force them all, but we'll just have to hope caches update on their own. :(